Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Like the part time collector I am these days I didn't bother with the Playboys bundle or Kill Uncle via Recordstore.co.uk ... but when I was in Manchester yesterday I popped into Piccadilly Records to buy them.

Bugger. Only got Kill Uncle on CD and only Playboys on 7" picture disc.

So I trundled off to HMV on Market St (wasn't sure if they carry any new stock these days?) to be greeted by the Kill Uncle Vinyl on display by the front door. When I asked if they had the single, the boy behind the counter looked shocked - 'single? we don't sell them' - his manager then chipped in with 'oh yeah, he's announced he's retiring so they released an album'. When asked if they had the single, the manager said 'I doubt that it exists in physical form, would be download only.'

And to think, we worried when they went into administration...

In terms of listening to KU... well, what's the point? I might load it on to iTunes just for the sake of being a completest, but there's nothing new to hear.

Dave

The ONLY good thing of this reissue is the 7" Vinyl Picture Disc especially this side.....just love it!

The Last of the famous.....JPG

Cheers Moz

Like the part time collector I am these days I didn't bother with the Playboys bundle or Kill Uncle via Recordstore.co.uk ... but when I was in Manchester yesterday I popped into Piccadilly Records to buy them.

Bugger. Only got Kill Uncle on CD and only Playboys on 7" picture disc.

So I trundled off to HMV on Market St (wasn't sure if they carry any new stock these days?) to be greeted by the Kill Uncle Vinyl on display by the front door. When I asked if they had the single, the boy behind the counter looked shocked - 'single? we don't sell them' - his manager then chipped in with 'oh yeah, he's announced he's retiring so they released an album'. When asked if they had the single, the manager said 'I doubt that it exists in physical form, would be download only.'

And to think, we worried when they went into administration...

In terms of listening to KU... well, what's the point? I might load it on to iTunes just for the sake of being a completest, but there's nothing new to hear.

Dave

I think we witness a turning point in the record industries. Today the CDs are more rare than the 7".
EMI Denmark only has the 7" not the CDs.

Finally got this "There is a light" US 12" promo. Now I have all US 12" promo :)

DSC_9918.jpg

Unfortunately I can't say say the same about UK Moz 7" promos. Still need to find Our Frank, Hold On on Glamorous Glue

This one was to expensive but mint has no price

DSC_9920.jpg

I'm getting a record player for my 21st birthday in a few weeks, so I've started building my collection in anticipation! Already had the re-released EDILS, Glamorous Glue (+ picture disc) and Playboys picture disc, and the Suedehead release for last year's Record Store Day, but I've started shopping round a bit now that I'll actually be able to play them.

Got Piccadilly Palare 7" because it was going cheap (£3 delivered), and The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get 12" with the poster (not quite as cheap! Think it was about £13). Quite a low number though, No. 74 (was there 5000 made?)

DSC01361_zps48a39f90.jpg
$(KGrHqN,!q0FEI1kZSbSBRKLuFsy8w~~60_12.JPG

Before those, I bought a signed print from Johnny Marr's gig at the Ritz. One day I'll have a house big enough to put all my prints up! Also met him at Piccadilly Records to get some stuff signed, he really is a top bloke (as others have stated)

C9cOumCl.jpg
O4jesWul.jpg
0HuAjeVl.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go Raphael.
Only one photo, the LP and CD share identical artwork.

What a shame... nothing too much special.
But I've never seen this photo before.. but It's good, I guess.

I think it would be better if Morrissey made a special booklet as he did with Bona drag in 2010.

Thank you very much I.R.

01.jpg
Finally I got some Smiths vinyls from 80's.. (I still haven't TQID vinyl. Waiting another day.:rolleyes:) Especially I'm very satisfied with Embossed issue of Strangeways. Good price and excellent condition.
And Johnny Marr solo stuffs. :love:

Just got the Reissues with the lithograph. Really love the 7" Vinyl picture disc....thinking about ordering a second one.....
Also expecting in the mail :

Cheers Moz

Attachments

• the-smiths-unreleased-demos-2-x-lp-color-morrissey-0372.jpg
    the-smiths-unreleased-demos-2-x-lp-color-morrissey-0372.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Moz Latest Boot.jpg
    Moz Latest Boot.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 15368
Finally I got some Smiths vinyls from 80's.. (I still haven't TQID vinyl. Waiting another day.:rolleyes:) Especially I'm very satisfied with Embossed issue of Strangeways. Good price and excellent condition.
And Johnny Marr solo stuffs. :love:

I've just got my old vinyl back out, can't believe how much better these albums sound on vinyl than on cd, Meat Is Murder especially.

eils-phil7_nowmyheartcs.jpg

Philippines Everyday is like Sunday 7", and Now my heart is full US cassette single.

Aly, does your EILS Philippines 7" have two black marks on the other side?
No, none on the B-side either! I was pleasantly surprised by that, actually, since the only other copies I'd seen photos of all had a black dash or two on the labels.

Finally got this "There is a light" US 12" promo. Now I have all US 12" promo

View attachment 15345

Unfortunately I can't say say the same about UK Moz 7" promos. Still need to find Our Frank, Hold On on Glamorous Glue

This one was to expensive but mint has no price

View attachment 15348
Two gorgeous items there, S-Plade - congrats!

Some recent buys for me:

Promo VHS tapes. 'Dave' and 'Boy racer' are just in plain cardboard sleeves, but the 'Playboys' tape is in a hard case with a wraparound insert featuring the Chop em out logo and other text.

Ringleader of the tormentors - Chinese double CD, which appears to also contain everything from YATQ and 'Suedehead: the best of' as well. Nice packaging, though!
+ a Japanese Southpaw Grammar promo cassette.

The queen is dead - French cassette, + Untitled 2009 4-track promo CD.

This charming man (New York mix) - UK 12" with band name on sleeve

Ask - German 12" on black vinyl, instead of clear.

What difference does it make? - French 12"

And a new copy of 'Bigmouth' with the original matchbox (and matches, for that matter!) still attached:

"Everyday is like sunday" 12" promo.
Now I only need to find SPM29 and "November Spawned"
DSC_9947.jpg

"How soon is now" Jukebox version YZ 002
"This Charming Man" RTOS 136 Holland
"Interesting Drug" EMI 2231 Australia version in company sleeve
"Last of famous international"
DSC_9948.jpg

"Very best of" DVD promo (I do have the CD promo version)
2 X "Kill Uncle"
DSC_9949.jpg

promos.JPG

Time to revive this thread!!!
A nice set of promos. And for everybody interested: No, I didn´t pay those recent ebay-prices for them. The opposite is the truth:)

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom