Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I just bought Nice Bit of Meat bootleg (one with Marilyn Monroe on the cover) for $15 and in great shape. Not sure how collectible bootlegs are but didn't it just go for almost $300 on Ebay recently?

I truly miss I.R. not posting all his latest buys here anymore. With all due respect for all the other collectors, The Collector's Corner is not the same anymore. Hope he will be back at some point....
Cheers Moz

I fear we may have lost IR I've also noted his absence, a real shame, but so many names have disappeared of late.

Re:

I do enjoy following this thread on a daily basis. Unfortunately I´ve been lazy lately not participate
This is the "rare" items I been adding to my collection over the summer.

LP Smiths "Best Off " EU
LP Smiths "Meat Is Murder" Portugal version on Transmedia
12" Smiths "Girlfriend In A Coma" Us Promo
12" Smith "Sheila Take A Bow" Blue Cover (eu or german ?)
12" Smith "Sheila Take A Bow" White vinyl – germany
12" Smiths "I Started Something I Couldn´t Finish" White label
7" Morrissey "Jack The Ripper" promo
CDM Morrissey "The Boy Racer" EU 5-Track (I think this was hard to find)

View attachment 14243
Postman Pat has been nice to me today :)

"World Of" Japan promo CD (Comes with a nice booklet including lyrics. Not like the two page uk version)
"Rare Tracks" Japan CDM (Now I only need the 3" Suedehead" to complete my collection of Japan CDS)
"Roy´s Keen" UK 7" (anyone got a spare "Satan Rejected" UK 7" to complete my collection?)

View attachment 14300
Great haul there, S-Plade! I especially love the German Sheila take a bow 12" in the blue sleeve - a lovely item to own.

As for a Satan rejected my soul 7", I'm afraid I don't have a spare copy, but there is a copy (mint condition too, apparently) on Amazon Marketplace if you're happy to pay £29.99 for it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...?ie=UTF8&qid=1348221254&sr=8-2&condition=used

I truly miss I.R. not posting all his latest buys here anymore. With all due respect for all the other collectors, The Collector's Corner is not the same anymore. Hope he will be back at some point....
Cheers Moz
I agree, Stoned. :(

Latest acquisitions...

barbarism12promo_shopliftersmispress_zps2200878d.jpg

Barbarism begins at home - UK 1-sided 12" promo
Shoplifters of the world unite - UK 12", 'You just haven't earned it yet baby' mispressing (thanks to Blameless :))

ask12usa_playboys12usa_zpsbedead60.jpg

Ask & The Last of the Famous International Playboys USA 12" gold-stamped promos.

greatesthitsau_novembergermany.jpg

Greatest Hits - Australian CD (it's worth noting that the "sticker" on this edition is printed directly on to the cover, as is the parental advisory warning to indicate it may contain coarse language and/or themes...yet amusingly, no warning that the back page of the booklet contains a candid shot of Morrissey's bare bum)
November spawned a monster - German CD single

worldofmoz_ukpromocs_zpsdc7b9514.jpg

World of Morrissey - UK promo cassette, also thanks to blameless

vivahate_philippinescs.jpg

Viva Hate - Philippines cassette with Suedehead artwork

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re:

Great haul there, S-Plade! I especially love the German Sheila take a bow 12" in the blue sleeve - a lovely item to own.

As for a Satan rejected my soul 7", I'm afraid I don't have a spare copy, but there is a copy (mint condition too, apparently) on Amazon Marketplace if you're happy to pay £29.99 for it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...?ie=UTF8&qid=1348221254&sr=8-2&condition=used

I agree, Stoned. :(

Latest acquisitions...

barbarism12promo_shopliftersmispress_zps2200878d.jpg

Barbarism begins at home - UK 1-sided 12" promo
Shoplifters of the world unite - UK 12", 'You just haven't earned it yet baby' mispressing (thanks to Blameless :))

ask12usa_playboys12usa_zpsbedead60.jpg

Ask & The Last of the Famous International Playboys USA 12" gold-stamped promos.

greatesthitsau_novembergermany.jpg

Greatest Hits - Australian CD (it's worth noting that the "sticker" on this edition is printed directly on to the cover, as is the parental advisory warning to indicate it may contain coarse language and/or themes...yet amusingly, no warning that the back page of the booklet contains a candid shot of Morrissey's bare bum)
November spawned a monster - German CD single

worldofmoz_ukpromocs_zpsdc7b9514.jpg

World of Morrissey - UK promo cassette, also thanks to blameless

vivahate_philippinescs.jpg

Viva Hate - Philippines cassette with Suedehead artwork

Thanks Aly. I´m very happy with the Blue "Sheila" It´s in perfect condition
I do have a "Satan Rejected" 7" on the way. Found one at discogs but thanks for the tip :thumb:

I noticed the titel is printed on your "November" german CD. Now I need to have one of them as well
And nice to see some US 12" without a cut-out.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re:

I just added this to my beloved collection:
3 X DVD
7" - Moz "Satan Rejected" – now my uk 7" collection is completed :)
7" - Smiths "What Difference" – Moz Cover
7" - Smiths "Stop Me" – White Vinyl
LP - Smiths "Hatful Of Hollow" – Tokuma with obi and insert
CD - Moz "Suedehead – Best of" promo cd

DSC_9369.jpg

Re:

A few nice new items this week. :)

gfiac7mispress_ihfj2trkcdr.jpg

Girlfriend in a coma - UK mispressed 7" with full green sleeve
I have forgiven Jesus - 2 track CD-R promo

headmasterritual_ukcd.jpg

piccadillypalare_aussie7.jpg

Piccadilly Palare - Aussie 7" in company sleeve

Re:

If we got married, I'd be entitled to half of your collection right? Does it work like that in Australia as well?

Re:

Very nice Aly. Your collection must be impressive by now
I´m looking for those Aussie 7" as well. Do you know how rare they are.
I once bougth this 7" made in Australasia version but I´m not sure it was released with that company sleeve. Do you or anybody else know that?

DSC_9383.JPG

Re:

Just got this "I´m Throwing My Arms Around Paris" 1 track promo (Cat No. MORRISSEYCD3) CD single cover. Not a slipcase like the commecial version

DSC_9381.jpg

and these two in perfect condition LP + 12"

DSC_9382.jpg

Re:

I've not bought anything for months. Although I did buy an Aussie Stop Me 12" a few weeks ago but returned it because of the poor condition it was in. Then this came up for sale last week....

Demonstration, promotional publishing CD book - very impressed with the condition and quality.
iphone%2520038.jpg
iphone%2520039.jpg

Dave

Re:

Well done Dave, a lovely item to own. I have it too.
Cheers Moz

Re:

so i bought a 1950's califone record player plus a new styles needle a couple months ago.

while at zia record exchange here in vegas i stumbled onto this beauty

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

i was so pumped finding this album for 20 bucks in the bend. i already bonded with the cashier over the album box set they had for $250 when i said i found something more rare and she stared blank at me for a second then said she had that reserved for herself

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom