Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Is the white case Sweet and Tender from the same source as Stoned, or did you just happen to come across one?

Dave

Thanks IR - at least 10 regulars in collectors corner will now be searching...

Dave

Two Dutch 7" promos: 'This charming man' and 'The Headmaster Rituel' (sic)
dutchpromo7s.jpg

Love the Headmaster's Rituel - very nice.

Dave

bc8310e9.jpg

I spotted this on a hidden, back wall at my regular record store today. It has to be about 5 feet tall. And I'm sure it's been hanging in that very spot since 1987.
No, not mine and probably never will be.

(by the way, that white case SATH is nothing new. I found a copy probably a year ago.)

I am amazed by my luck. My friend who works at said record store took this off the wall for me.
d63f1bbe.jpg

6875af1e.jpg

f7d52bec.jpg

Anyone have advice on extracting 25 years of dust and neglect from this? The ink almost looks gold.
How should I mount it? It's 3' 3 1/2"x5'.

4decf889.jpg

I am amazed by my luck. My friend who works at said record store took this off the wall for me.
d63f1bbe.jpg

6875af1e.jpg

f7d52bec.jpg

Anyone have advice on extracting 25 years of dust and neglect from this? The ink almost looks gold.
How should I mount it? It's 3' 3 1/2"x5'.

4decf889.jpg

Beautiful poster! I'd die for one like that!
I currently have a "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" subway promo poster that is approximately
the same size as your poster. 40" x 60"
The biggest headache is getting such a big poster framed. I've been to many difference places and prices range from 110$-375$(YES, I WAS QUOTED 375$ for a frame that big)

Also, picked these two up at the Pasadena City College Flea Market today, great deal
Got both for 30$!

351cwuq.jpg

I haven't bought anything for ages, but couldn't resist visiting a local(ish) record fair. I'm glad I did.

Morrissey - Southpaw Grammar UK LP with the all important booklet. The cellophane has been split to get the record out, but everything including the inner sleeve looks brand new (the photo doesn't do it justice). All for £35 so I'm very happy :D

Morrissey - Kill Uncle US promo photo in perfect condition, £8

Morrissey - Viva Hate 2012 UK cd-r promo

The Smiths - Complete UK cd-r promo. Both for a total of £50, which is a fair price

I declined a UK Meat is Murder LP with a promo poster and press release for £50. I was tempted but as I already have the poster, I decided to think about it.

Attachments

• IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 7
Do you have two of those Smiths promos now? Contact me for a trade if so.

I haven't bought anything for ages, but couldn't resist visiting a local(ish) record fair. I'm glad I did.

Morrissey - Southpaw Grammar UK LP with the all important booklet. The cellophane has been split to get the record out, but everything including the inner sleeve looks brand new (the photo doesn't do it justice). All for £35 so I'm very happy :D

The Smiths - Complete UK cd-r promo. Both for a total of £50, which is a fair price

I declined a UK Meat is Murder LP with a promo poster and press release for £50. I was tempted but as I already have the poster, I decided to think about it.

Viva Hate - Unknown origin cassette (thank you Tom!)

I love that cassette, and the others you've bought recently as well. Such quirky little pieces. :)

Love the Headmaster's Rituel - very nice.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. :) It was the first one I'd ever seen for sale, actually...was quite surprised that I got it so cheaply when it's supposedly so rare! (According to Record Collector, anyway...back in 2005... :rolleyes: )

Latest arrivals...

'Complete' US promo sampler, and The Smiths Greek cassette:
newstuff_040612.jpg

Bigmouth strikes again - Australian 7" (on the right, compared to the UK 7").
bigmouth7_uk_au.jpg

And at long last, German TQID LP on ocean green vinyl - quite a bargain at €13.50 on eBay, buy-it-now. :)
tqid_germanlp.jpg

Well done Everyday !!

Cheers Moz

Ask - UK Rough Trade CD, and Hold on to your friends - Australian CD
cds_askuk_hotyfau.jpg

Hatful of hollow - Japan LP, and Meat is Murder tour programme (North American leg), thanks to Stéphane :)
hatfuljplp_ustourbook.jpg

And "Morrissey: Fandom, Representations and Identities" + some materials from the last Morrissey conference, thanks to punky :)
bookconferencestuff.jpg

All three Japanese editions of 'The Sound of The Smiths' - standard edition, standard edition reissue, and 2-CD deluxe edition.

soundof_jpcds.jpg

All three Japanese editions of 'The Sound of The Smiths' - standard edition, standard edition reissue, and 2-CD deluxe edition.

soundof_jpcds.jpg

A truly beautiful Set Aly , well done AGAIN Aly.
Cheers Moz

YATQ - UK promo interview cd - a thing of beauty! :)

The Smiths debut - Saudi cassette (complete with censorship 'mock shirt') :lbf:

Strangeways - Taiwan cassette

GIAC - French promo 7"

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom