Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Attended a record fair yesterday and was totally disappointed, in fact the Doctor Who exhibition next door was a lot more interesting (expensive but worth a visit). Anyway I did pick up a few things.

The Smiths - Strangeways Aussie (CBS) LP
The Smiths - This charming Man Aussie 7" (the sleeve is split but for £2 I couldn't resist)
The Smiths - Complete US cd promo
Morrissey - Suedehead Aussie 7"

I was also offered the set of Complete UK cd-r promos for £80, which I declined and now regret :(
IMG_0707.JPGIMG_0706.JPG

I always look forward to Friday mornings on Solo - you can (almost) guarantee that IR has some new goodies to post :)

Nice triptych of Evises (Elvi? Not sure of the taxonomy of multiple rock stars :) )

Dave

4846449c.jpg

bb64ae2e.jpg

New bootleg.

Is this the brown cover? They have some @ the record store in red colored/numbered vinyl numbered to 100. I saw 4 copies there(3 minus mine). I also saw the "Old Guard BBC Tapes, pt 2" also in colored vinyl(I want to say Blue).

They looked cool.....

Any interest in a red colored vinyl one(like the one in the pic-Morrissey reader meet Author Boot-numbered to 100-limited edition)? I have one and will trade it for a RSD TQID 10"
(sealed preferrably).

Last edited:
'Complete' vinyl box set arrived yesterday...

Meat Is Murder - Scottish tour programme

The Headmaster Ritual - US promo 12"

Strangeways - France cassette (top left, compared to various others)

Hi I.R.

Is it me or does the WEA Strangeways cassette look better than the Rough Trade one?

By the way NME's arrived safely, many thanks :thumb:

My collection is pretty small for how much I love The Smiths (I don't even own physical copies of all the official albums yet).
Stuff from this/the last couple of weeks includes:

The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now ('88 CD single, RTT 156CD)
The Smiths - Sheila, Take A Bow ('87 German mini-album CD, LICD 9.00308 L) <---Cheap! :D
The Smiths - Unreleased Demos & Instrumentals (2x clear blue LP, bootleg, SBTR 1707)
And, just last night, a cassette lot which included the The Smiths s/t, though I haven't yet seen it up close to give the particulars of it...

I also bought [and kind of got really ripped the f**k off on] a copy of MIM w/ original (beat-up) longbox... and the so-called "EX condition" CD was riddled with pinholes... :(
Still, I like staring at the longbox on my wall. :crazy: :lbf:

Also, the CD plays in my stereo fine, I just wish I were capable of getting an accurate, lossless rip of it (I like to rip most of my CD's for the sake of having a backup, plus the convenience of portability, and I am very anal-retentive about having accurate, lossless copies).

Is this the brown cover? They have some @ the record store in red colored/numbered vinyl numbered to 100. I saw 4 copies there(3 minus mine). I also saw the "Old Guard BBC Tapes, pt 2" also in colored vinyl(I want to say

Mine is the brown cover. For some reason the color/numbered versions of these never show up here.

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom