Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I think I have decided that I am going to give this a good listen today and see how the songs flow and sound and to see if there are any differences.
I will report after I listen and give if a review today.:thumb:

Will you upload it for us?
It's really exciting.

All the songs sound great. It is not just louder, the mix is better. "Piccadilly" is the extended version, "Please Help The Cause" is Moz only, no piano."Oh Phoney" is a version we have never heard, I really like it, I will just say it has no drums. "Let The Right One" is a jewel, extended and very rocking.

Great record, sounds great, mixed well, and two songs most of us have never heard until now, including me. Which are "Phoney" and "Slip In"

A+

Oh yeah, I saw on Stfan's wonderful site "Five Seconds To Spare" about it being on Ebay. I was just at the right place at the right time. I got it on Ebay. I was looking for Morrissey Promos and it was just added. It was on Ebay for 12 minutes, at a buy it now for 50 GBP. I snatched it quickly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bon...-Minor-/170529905708?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All the songs sound great. It is not just louder, the mix is better. "Piccadilly" is the extended version, "Please Help The Cause" is Moz only, no piano."Oh Phoney" is a version we have never heard, I really like it, I will just say it has no drums. "Let The Right One" is a jewel, extended and very rocking.

Great record, sounds great, mixed well, and two songs most of us have never heard until now, including me. Which are "Phoney" and "Slip In"

A+

Oh yeah, I saw on Stfan's wonderful site "Five Seconds To Spare" about it being on Ebay. I was just at the right place at the right time. I got it on Ebay. I was looking for Morrissey Promos and it was just added. It was on Ebay for 12 minutes, at a buy it now for 50 GBP. I snatched it quickly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bon...-Minor-/170529905708?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL

Post of the year great news thanks Roky.

A+

Friend, I thank you for your valuable review.

And isn't there anything else different? There should be...

Stephane

I really like the new Oh Phoney. Especially the recorders which are brought to the fore. And the sweet guitar picking to start with. No drums=a better song in this case.

P.

Stephane

Has it anything to do with Ouija Board, Ouija Board? I looked on your website, and noticed there was a star next to it, along with a star next to Piccadilly Palare, which I assumed to mean that it is the extended version.

Stephane

Has it anything to do with Ouija Board, Ouija Board? I looked on your website, and noticed there was a star next to it, along with a star next to Piccadilly Palare, which I assumed to mean that it is the extended version.

Stephane, let us know what this star means. I checked it on the "old" edition and the star doesn't appear there, then I thoiught the new edition oughtta have something special or even different. Don't you have your promo yet?

A+

Thank you very much for your review. Having only heard the re-mastered 'Sunday' on the radio I thought it sounded less than just a simple volume boost and more like a bona fide subtle reconfiguring of the sonic elements. Hoped for the same with the rest of the record ~ consider me now, officially, uber-excited :thumb:

The other difference is "Ouija Board". It is edited down. The whole part "The table is rumbling" all the way to " P-U-S-H-O double F" is edited out. The song has about 45 seconds edited out of it. That is the other thing.

The other difference is "Ouija Board". It is edited down. The whole part "The table is rumbling" all the way to " P-U-S-H-O double F" is edited out. The song has about 45 seconds edited out of it. That is the other thing.

thats sad. i hope they don't update the video.

Just makes me think of Kathy Burke sitting on that old fridge...

Is this an edit of the original or a different take all together?

It sounds like it is in line with live versions of the song
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/lyrics/moz-obob.htm
5 When Morrissey did this song live on the 2000 half of the Oye Esteban tour the band always played the instrumental portion that follows this line, but Morrissey never did the vocals. He only hummed or sang "the glass is moving" and "the dark spell is weaving" and didn't spell out his name.​

Hmmm not sure how I feel about this... can't wait to hear the album, it will be great to hear new versions of old songs, but to mess about with such a classic by just cutting it short...

Dave

50th Birthday Gig Pass :)

It's a silly buy, really, seeing as I didn't attend. I just liked the idea of owning that little piece of pop culture history.

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom