Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Back from the fair and some decent finds in very nice condition:)

DSCN0059-1.jpg

Panic - Germany 12" [Teldec/Zensor 16.20503 (blue vinyl)]
Shoplifters Of The World Unite - Sweden 12" [MNW RTT195]
Sheila Take A Bow - Germany 12" [Line LIEP3.00011E (green vinyl)]
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before - Germany 12" [Line LMS 3.00013 (orange vinyl)]
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - Canada 12" [Sire 92 03920]
Rank - Japan LP [Victor VIL-28126]

3ca57b1b.jpg

a8652481.jpg

i'd never seen this flexi before. sometimes it pays to dig through the old, dusty bin of crappy 7"s to find what people have hidden.

+ anyone got some info on this?

Last edited:
3ca57b1b.jpg

a8652481.jpg

i'd never seen this flexi before. sometimes it pays to dig through the old, dusty bin of crappy 7"s to find what people have hidden.

+ anyone got some info on this?

This flexi came free with a copy of 'The Catalogue' which was £1.50 in September 1988. The magazine is and I quote 'for the independent music trade'. I guess its value (if it has any) is in it being complete with the magazine. I have it loose but also another copy with the mag where it is stapled into the spine. I love it, especially the poem. :guitar::guitar:

This flexi came free with a copy of 'The Catalogue' which was £1.50 in September 1988. The magazine is and I quote 'for the independent music trade'. I guess its value (if it has any) is in it being complete with the magazine. I have it loose but also another copy with the mag where it is stapled into the spine. I love it, especially the poem. :guitar::guitar:

Thanks for shedding some light.

every once in a while i get lucky afterall. a local 2nd hand shop sold someones entire smiths-collection and apparently i was the first one to have a look at the discs. in the end i only picked out the rarer items. which were:

sheila take a bow GER blue sleeve 12".
william... whitelaw sleeve 12".
the headmaster ritual dutch 12".
ask GER campbell sleeve, clear vinyl 12".
stop me... GER black vinyl 12".

all in EX/NR condition. paid 57 euros for the whole lot. on top of this i got an australian "waterfront" pressing of nirvanas bleach on red vinyl. 13 euros.
it was a nice saturday. :cool:

every once in a while i get lucky afterall. a local 2nd hand shop sold someones entire smiths-collection and apparently i was the first one to have a look at the discs. in the end i only picked out the rarer items. which were:

all in EX/NR condition. paid 57 euros for the whole lot. on top of this i got an australian "waterfront" pressing of nirvanas bleach on red vinyl. 13 euros.

Again, this is the proof that local 2nd hand cd/vinyl shops are simply the best places to get stuff : good prices and you can actually check what you are getting.:thumb:
Cheers Moz

London 7" flexi stapled to a copy of the magazine 'The Catalogue'. I did not realise it was such a nice item till I saw a couple of previous posts in this section. Lovely item.Thanks :thumb:
Cheers Moz

Croatian Best LPs and a couple of Japanese finds:)

DSCN0066-1.jpg

Croatian Best LPs and a couple of Japanese finds:)

How on earth do you go about sourcing a Croatian LP from Sweden :confused:

Keep taking the pills Mikael, and sharing your photos :lbf:

Dave

These particular PVC sleeves I bought from a guy that always attend the two international fairs here in Stockholm every year. Normally I buy PVC sleeves from a gentleman who sells all kinds of sleeves and cases out of his appartment here in Stockholm. He is quite pricey though and if I lived in the UK no doubt I would get my covers from covers33, I'll try and contact them in the near future to see how much postage would be for a couple of hundred PVC sleeves to be delivered to Sweden. I've never bought their PVC sleeves so I don't know about quality but their prices are unbeatable.

sounds like a nice record store whats the name of it?

photo-44.jpg

Hello my name is Greg and i'm addicted to collecting The Smiths and Morrissey records. Even though I have these records, of the same pressing, I can't stop myself from buying them when i see them in the bin at the record store.

photo-44.jpg

Hello my name is Greg and i'm addicted to collecting The Smiths and Morrissey records. Even though I have these records, of the same pressing, I can't stop myself from buying them when i see them in the bin at the record store.

you sound like me when i find any morrissey cds in the used bin.

i think i purchased about 17 bona drags throughout the 90s.
i only have 2 on vinyl.

Just got the Have-A-Go Merchant promo cd. Doesn't it look good next to these other promo cds from the early to mid-90's? :thumb:
The Complete Picture Japanese laser disc also arrived today in mint condition. Nice!

Last edited:
Just got the Have-A-Go Merchant promo cd. Doesn't it look good next to these other promo cds from the early to mid-90's? :thumb:
The Complete Picture Japanese laser disc also arrived today in mint condition. Nice!

Is that stored next to a Rank DAT cassette on your shelf of 'stuff I can't play'? :D
Still, looks nice :thumb:

Dave

Is that stored next to a Rank DAT cassette on your shelf of 'stuff I can't play'? :D
Still, looks nice :thumb:

Dave

Yes, it is Dave. :)
Stored along with the Rank DAT and various other laser discs...
I don't play my vinyl or cassettes nowadays either and hardly ever play cds.
I mostly listen to music through my ipod. Quality of course isn't the same, but convenience and portability make the ipod my preferred source.

Cheers,

I.R.

I got this and I have some more beauties on the way. It has been a busy, buying month for me. This is the first of three or four more goodies to come in the mail.:guitar:

mozcertainpromo-1.jpg

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom