Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I get the disdain for the TP, but for this particular release I liked all the alternate versions and decided to go the whole hog and add the TP. Treat to me and why not. I know it's not going to end up in the 'classic' collectables but it's for my enjoyment, a period in life etc. I really do like seeing everyone's collections and buys and imagine their bits and pieces hold personal values too. My personal fave is my t rex promo. Seems so right in so many ways. I did also sell a lot of pieces about 10 years ago to keep myself afloat during a big life change. The ones that still bug me and I've not replaced were the 3" CDs Jap suedehead and Austrian Ouija. Infact purchased the Jap cd from stephane way back I've been pleased with the quality of the new 7"s and had a good time earlier with Jacky on the turntable. Records, CDs whatever.....still great fun after all these years (and moz knows that when he's signing the TPs). Cassettes....you have to laugh, but you can't resist really.....

I get the disdain for the TP, but for this particular release I liked all the alternate versions and decided to go the whole hog and add the TP. Treat to me and why not. I know it's not going to end up in the 'classic' collectables but it's for my enjoyment, a period in life etc. I really do like seeing everyone's collections and buys and imagine their bits and pieces hold personal values too. My personal fave is my t rex promo. Seems so right in so many ways. I did also sell a lot of pieces about 10 years ago to keep myself afloat during a big life change. The ones that still bug me and I've not replaced were the 3" CDs Jap suedehead and Austrian Ouija. Infact purchased the Jap cd from stephane way back I've been pleased with the quality of the new 7"s and had a good time earlier with Jacky on the turntable. Records, CDs whatever.....still great fun after all these years (and moz knows that when he's signing the TPs). Cassettes....you have to laugh, but you can't resist really.....

Any signed Morrissey item is worth 200 quid in my opinion, let alone a white label limited to 200 copies, or whatever it was. BUT, you expect to pay that on ebay or from other third party sellers. Not from the official outlet.

Agreed on that ob. I still have to do a double check paying seven pounds for a 7". Having grown up saving pocket money to buy maybe one ex jukebox 7" per month at the newsagent racks for 45p I think still retain some sort of value or stinginess which is occasionally overwhelmed by some primal urge I still don't understand...want that one!

Just got my copy of the 7" box set today. Can anyone else say wether their 7" on the back contain the lyrics written in different languages or are yours in English?

Thanks
MSR

Yeah thanks I'd checked that thread already but thought the collectors area might have been better.

A bargain found in a local charity shop. TIALTNGO limited edition numbered 09746 featuring sandie shaw. Both discs, priced at £1.50, went to pay, it was reduced to £1.00..Happy new year..

Just got the aussie suedehead 7'' (top), never noticed this before but the detailing on the letters is much darker blue than the UK version, Are they all like this or is this some sort of printing error?

aussuedehead.jpg

I had noticed difference in colours before but had never compared to another Australian one. Mine has white text as well. Also the text on the back of the sleeve is aligned as if Morrissey appears at the top of the front sleeve. This seems to affect the "leaf" pattern used as a graphic on the back. Tried to upload a picture but couldn't. Flip them over and line up the text and you might see what I mean.
Just got the aussie suedehead 7'' (top), never noticed this before but the detailing on the letters is much darker blue than the UK version, Are they all like this or is this some sort of printing error?

View attachment 43438

Attachments

• 20180106_163223.png
    20180106_163223.png
    636.7 KB · Views: 0
Couple of new buys from February.
- Bigmouth Strikes Again 7” New Zealand
- How Soon Is Now 7” New Zealand
- How Soon Is Now 7” Aus Promo
- What Difference Does It Make 7” Aus Promo

3B203341-A368-4320-A940-604AF2597962.jpeg

Well let's hope this isn't a fake as well.

Attachments

• The Smiths - The World Won't Listen.compressed.pdf
    156.1 KB · Views: 0
  • The Smiths - The World Won't Listen (Plaque).compressed.pdf
    498.4 KB · Views: 0
Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom