Your favourite Morrissey quote?

C

Cosmic Dancer

Your favourite Morrissey quote?

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: After all that's happened to you, why do you still bother?
M: For the same reason that St. Francis of Assisi bothered...

''Who put the grim in Grimsby''

(good job he has never played at Sc***horpe:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

Interviewer: 'TaTu covered 'How Soon Is Now?' They're teenage Russian lesbians...'
Morrissey: 'Well, aren't we all?'

From the TTY q&as:

"The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most." - Morrissey, Februrary 21, 2006

Interviewer: 'TaTu covered 'How Soon Is Now?' They're teenage Russian lesbians...'
Morrissey: 'Well, aren't we all?'

How about the "love me outside" to the dimwit at his concert? That was a classic!

From the TTY q&as:

"The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most." - Morrissey, Februrary 21, 2006

:lbf: I love all these. I also like "I'm actually 40% papier mache", and "If I don't give people something to complain about then I've failed". Another one of my favourites is the one I have as my signature (slightly edited there)- when I read that statement on TTY I just found it so hopeful and beautiful. :o

- How do you feel about being referred to, as you were in reviews of your last UK performance, as Jarvis Cocker's dad?
- Just relieved that they didn't say Joe Cocker.
:thumb:

''Who put the grim in Grimsby''

(good job he has never played at Sc***horpe:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

Ha, I was at that gig and was tempted to shout that out, but didn't fancy being ejected!

Quite like his quote about TV no-mark Richard Madeley having married his own mother.

Off the top of my head:

Fan: "Morrissey, I just want to thank you. You've made me and so many people happy."

Mozza: "Well, I didn't mean to."

or

Mozza: "I'm not a phone person. I can't quite get used to the telephone."

Interviewer: "Why? Lack of intimacy?"

Mozza:" Lack of interest.There's usually a person on the other end." :lbf:

Interviewer: Pick five words that describe yourself?
Morrissey: Loving, lovable, lovely, lovelorn, loveless...

How about this one, I always remember it to calm my own obsession down:

Morrissey hands the microphone out into the audience and says something like "I love you, I need you, Morrissey". He replies "You'll get over it".

But I must admit, the telephone quote above had me giggling.

This interview:3.12-4.05
esp."Leaders are always bullies" and "People who are attracted to politics are never good people"

Last edited by a moderator:
And this one:But the sun will creep back into the room one way or another. It always does.

(cos it made it me laugh at the time)

"Hey, hey, Tiger Bay!"

It made me hopeful he'd duet with Shirley Bassey. Alas, this is yet to come to pass.

''Once you're Northern, you're Northern for life....You're born with a certain feel for life....''

Or something along lose lines.

Back
Top Bottom