Your favourite Morrissey lyric

"I've been stabbed in the back, so many many times, I don't have any skin - but that's just the way it goes".

Is evil just something you are, or something you do?

When you look at me you actually see me

I really cant remeber where these lyrics belong... yes i feel ashamed

If I listed my favourites, I'd be here all day! There's very few I don't like, other than the 'got down on one knee' bit on 'King Leer'. Can't think of many other howlers.

At a push, I'd go for 'Accept Yourself' as a favourite lyric as it 'set me free' - as in psychotherapy -when I was in a bit of trap.

Noboys gonna help me...pih...........
Anyway..my favourite ones..to write a few...

I know I need hardly say
How much I love your casual way
Oh, but please put your tongue away
A little higher and we're well away

MY LIFE IS AN ENDLESS SUCCESSION
OF PEOPLE SAYING GOODBYE

And when they haul me down the hall
And when they kick me down the stairs
I see the faces all lined up before me
Of teachers and of parents
And bosses, who
All share a point of view
"You are a loser

They say 'to protect and to serve'
but what they really need to say is
Get back to the ghetto

Someone kindly told me
That you'd wasted
Eight of nine lives
This ia hilarious (last one)

I really cant remeber where these lyrics belong... yes i feel ashamed

"I've been stabbed in the back, so many many times, I don't have any skin - but that's just the way it goes".

"Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself"

Is evil just something you are, or something you do?

"Sister I'm a Poet"

When you look at me you actually see me

"All the Lazy Dykes"

i like "but then a strange fear gripped me, and i just could'nt ask"
and "dont rake up my mistakes, I know exactly what they are"
and "the woman of my dreams, well, there never was one"

I touched you at the soundcheck
You had no real way of knowing
In my heart I begged "Take me with you ...
I don't care where you're going..."

"Don't rake up my mistakes, I know exactly what they are/And what do you do? You just sit there"

""I turn the music down... and I don't know why, this is my house" (it just makes me giggle)

Nowhere Fast is also a favourite ("... neither one particularly appeals to me..." I have that quote stuck to the wall beside my bed). I could go on (and on and on), but I really ought to do some work...

"There is something I wanted to tell you. It's so funny you'll kill yourself laughing - but then I, I look around and I remember that I am alone".

Heartbreaking.

"Gasping - but somehow still alive
This is the fierce last stand of all I am"

Well I Wonder

Its just so sad and desperate.... someone at their final ebb.... So moving......

"Whether you stay or youn stray,
an inbuilt guilt catches up with you"

Will never Marry

Sums up the futility of marrage. If you stay faithful you will always wonder what you might have had elsewhere.

If you dont stay faithful (stray) the guilt of it all can consume you.

Either way its gona wake you up and laugh in your face at 5am....​

Drinking tea with the taste of the Thames, Sullenly on a chair on the pavement
Here you'll find, my thoughts and I,

That's a great one- I remember when I first heard 'Come Back to Camden'- I was in love with a rogue of a gentleman who didn't deserve me and that lyric "me and my heart/ we just knew" cut me real deep. I think I even shed a little tear at the bus stop.

Not necessarily in order of preference!:-

" Farewell to this land's cheerless marshes - hemmed in like a boar
between arches."

" Just some raincoat lovers puny brothers ..."
" You had to sneak into my room, just to read my diary.."
" Why did you stick me in self deprecating bones and skin..."
" And here I am, here I am, well you don't need to look so pleased....."

But, of course I love most of his words!;)

"when you sleep i will creep in to your thoughts,like a bad debt that you can`t pay,take the easy way and give in" lovely lyrics :D

"And you can tell I have never really loved
You can tell, by the way, I sleep all day"
From 'Seasick, yet still docked'. One of my favorite Morrissey songs of all time.

That is a great lyric. Ive been reticent to post one because there are so many. I just heard "Nobody Loves Us" today and I've always been struck by the line:

"And people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be, if life would improve."

Just a biting backlash to those idiots you don't understand depression, don't understand it's not a choice. Not the most clever or beautiful, but to me, very powerful.

And when they've bought you and they've sold you and they've billed you for the pleasure and they've made your parents cry...

The Saints smile shyly down on you -and- Jesus made this all for you, love- you, love

God, come down if you're really there, well, you're the one who claims to care

I will live my life as I will undoubtedly die-alone -and- For whether you stay or stray, an inbuilt guilt catches up with you <-ah heck, the whole song really... :)

Minimalist Morrissey Perfection:

And when I climb into an empty bed, oh well, enough said...

And when they've bought you and they've sold you and they've billed you for the pleasure and they've made your parents cry...

The Saints smile shyly down on you -and- Jesus made this all for you, love- you, love

God, come down if you're really there, well, you're the one who claims to care

I will live my life as I will undoubtedly die-alone -and- For whether you stay or stray, an inbuilt guilt catches up with you <-ah heck, the whole song really... :)

Back
Top Bottom