Your favourite apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic novels

A

Anonymous

I'm currently reading the third book in Justin Cronin's The Passage series and I have to say, this trilogy is up there with the best apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic books I've read. If I was to compile a short list of my favourites, it would look like this:

Cormac McCarthy - The Road
John Wyndham - The Day of the Triffids
Stephen King - The Stand
Robert R McCammon - Swan Song
Justin Cronin - The Passage/The Twelve/The City of Mirrors

Please post your favourites!

The Road, all day long. Haunting.

Great thread! The Stand is an absolute classic. It takes place in 1985 and I first read it that same year. It added an extra element of eeriness.

Just picked up The Passage - thanks for the recommendation.

Brett Battles - A Project Eden series (drags a bit in places but overall very good)

Last edited:
J.G. Ballard - The Drowned World
J. G. B. - The Drought
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
Atwood - The Handmaid's Tale
T.C Boyle - After the Plague
... A friend of the earth

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice - Anna kavan

The Road, all day long. Haunting.

Regarding Cormac McCarthy, this video is really interesting. Kenneth Lincoln, an English professor at UCLA, explains how McCarthy's Blood Meridian, The Border Trilogy, and No Country For Old Men are all connected.

Regarding Cormac McCarthy, this video is really interesting. Kenneth Lincoln, an English professor at UCLA, explains how McCarthy's Blood Meridian, The Border Trilogy, and No Country For Old Men are all connected.

I meant to add The Road.

So:

explains how McCarthy's Blood Meridian, The Border Trilogy, No Country For Old Men and The Road are all connected.

Back
Top Bottom