Your favorite non-English speaking bands?

Bløf...is that a Danish band?

I love balkan music...Östblocket, Tummel (they are Swedish but play like genuin gypsies), Taraf de Haidouks, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Esma Redzepova, Boban Markovic, Goran Bregovic...etc.

And of course Sigur Rós, they are amazing, especially live.

Found them - they're Dutch after all

Bløf

That letter exists in Norwegian too, right? :)
Jeg kan prøve å snakke norsk :D

Nei, jeg er serbisk. Jeg kommer fra Belgrad. Ok, I go off topic so often that mods have every right to ban me! :p

There's a Dutch band called Blof too. They are terribly commercial and make 'pop' music packed in a 'rock' style. I'm sure tough you don't mean them.

lnathan said:
Oh is it illegal to go off topic here?

Oh yes, actually one guy may be in prison because of it by now...:( We're all waiting to see if he'll drop us a line... :confused:

Well the thing with Norwegian is, I studied it for four months because it was the most exotic language in this school in my neighbourhood. And that's it, really. I forgot pretty much everything because my knowledge was very basic after the course. I may try and refresh it some day... I love the idea that I'm able to understand a few words from http://www.thesmiths.dk ;)

I actually remembered I LOVE to death La Renga, one of argentina's rock demons(along with divididos)

chica said:
Well the thing with Norwegian is, I studied it for four months because it was the most exotic language in this school in my neighbourhood. And that's it, really. I forgot pretty much everything because my knowledge was very basic after the course. I may try and refresh it some day... I love the idea that I'm able to understand a few words from http://www.thesmiths.dk ;)

Cool! Norwegian and Danish is almost the same. Don't really know how usefull it is unless you wanna read Kierkegaard in his original language (which I can recommend)

One of my favorite songs is in Serbian: "Djurdjevdan" with Goran Bregovic. I know it's an old gypsy song but I like his version.

Are you familiar with Zabranjeno Pusenje? Similar to Bregovic, only they make more fun out of their music. Quite hilarious guys, actually.

chica said:
Are you familiar with Zabranjeno Pusenje? Similar to Bregovic, only they make more fun out of their music. Quite hilarious guys, actually.
No, but sounds fun. I'll check them out.

Actually I was planning to go to Serbia this summer for the Guca festival, but then unexpected things came up. Maybe next year...

Back
Top Bottom