Your favorite Morrissey/Smiths Live quotes

nothappynotsad

Snapping necks and cashing checks
"Ahh, steady. Ahh, stop! Oi oi oi, oi, oi! Ugly man, ugly man, ugly man, ugly man, ugly man, ugly man!" - Hammerstein Ballroom 1997

"Ahh, steady. Ahh, stop! Oi oi oi, oi, oi! Ugly man, ugly man, ugly man, ugly man, ugly man, ugly man!" - Hammerstein Ballroom 1997

i think i know who was on the other side of that beating:(

my fav was "alma matters!" moz-"no she doesn't."

"I hope that the security don't ruin your night too much, but I'm sure that they'll do their best....never mind; they're outnumbered."

During "Tomorrow" - "I've got two testicles, oh, I've got two testicles, oh oh.."

"Thank you to the gallant souls who at least made an attempt, and if you don't make an attempt, have you really lived?"

Why?
Because he said it to me, just after I attempted to climb onto the stage in Sunderland back in Feb 2008.
There is a huge orchestra pit at the Sunderland Empire, I was fortunate not to do myself a serious injury that night.

There's something about Whitechapel... not much, but something.

Mama, I wanna sing, Mama, I wanna sing...

not sure which date exactly but I'm pretty sure during the '97 Maladjusted tour, after Alain had played the short solo in Shoplifter's, someone screamed out 'Johnny played it better' to which Moz quickly replied 'No he didn't' - or something to that effect....

not sure which date exactly but I'm pretty sure during the '97 Maladjusted tour, after Alain had played the short solo in Shoplifter's, someone screamed out 'Johnny played it better' to which Moz quickly replied 'No he didn't' - or something to that effect....

To my knowledge, Boz has always played the solo on 'Shoplifters'...

I always quite liked some banter from one of the Australian gigs, Adelaide I think...

Crowd Member: Piccadilly Palare!
Morrissey: Piccadilly Palare? You must be joking!
Alain whilst playing the opening chords: Such a silly song.
Morrissey: Excuse me Alain? I'll be working with tapes tomorrow night.
Alain: But you have been already
Morrissey: Alain cracks a joke, and in the usual way...

So, tonight, you can be as playful as you like, or you can be your old boring self.

"thank you from the heart of my bottom" - the end of Now My Heart is Full from Introducing Morrissey, 1995

"It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to!"
San Diego,CA
May 22,2012

Last edited:
I don't know the entire/proper way He said it, but during the Bakersfield on the 25th of May.
During a song break, he made this really nice sincere announcement about how, "There are people all around the world sitting at home being miserable....watching the Big Bang Theory"
During the show, everyone cracked up!

I don't know the entire/proper way He said it, but during the Bakersfield on the 25th of May.
During a song break, he made this really nice sincere announcement about how, "There are people all around the world sitting at home being miserable....watching the Big Bang Theory"
During the show, everyone cracked up!

Brilliant :D

From the recent Stockton show:
"My ASS is back in town!"
"Well, if nothing else, its a cheap night out."
and
"I say to Jesus, why do people have such filthy minds?"

Back
Top Bottom