Your Arsenal vs. Wish

Did the real Nazis know? How did that work?

I believe I read the government classified them as "partial" Jews which allowed them to join the military. Even some REAL Nazis were Jews...maybe not Hitler's top men, but certainly Admirals and Generals.

if I was asked this question at gothicIsh club then I'd say "Wish" :thumb:
otherwise "Your Arsenal" :rolleyes:

ps: but thinking about it a little :crazy: from those 2 albums :guitar:
I'd have to say that "Friday I'm in Love" is my fave to karaoke :blushing:

Both (I hope/assume we all agree) are great albums.

Both came out in 1992.

Both albums were made by artists who had come to be defined as founding figureheads of indie/alternative rock during their 80s heydays but who at that point (early 90s) were starting to lose ground and relevance (at least culturally) to newer bands and music scenes.

Both albums showcased a remarkably striking attempt at re-imagining their respective creators' sound with an eye toward a much harder edge.

But which is the better record, artistically?

Discuss.

Er, "Wish" moved The Cure towards a "much harder edge"? It's fluffy bubblegum pop.

It's also a piece of irrelevant junk as far as I'm concerned, so it's Your Arsenal for me, by a huge margin.

Er, "Wish" moved The Cure towards a "much harder edge"? It's fluffy bubblegum pop.

It's also a piece of irrelevant junk as far as I'm concerned, so it's Your Arsenal for me, by a huge margin.

It's my least favorite Cure album but there are some great songs on there -- stuff like Apart, Trust, To Wish Impossible Things and From The Edge of the Deep Green Sea rank up there with the Cure's best IMO. As previously mentioned, the album's b-sides are better than most of the stuff on Wish.

It's my least favorite Cure album but there are some great songs on there -- stuff like Apart, Trust, To Wish Impossible Things and From The Edge of the Deep Green Sea rank up there with the Cure's best IMO. As previously mentioned, the album's b-sides are better than most of the stuff on Wish.

I agree. People focus a bit much on the singles in their judgement.

'Coz I'm a baaad man.

Come to me, you gruesome sonofabitch. Ha ha, c'mon.

jkaballoons.jpg

Come to me, you gruesome sonofabitch. Ha ha, c'mon.[/IMG]

PS - He actually says "Come ON, you gruesome son of a bitch...come to me. Ha ha, c'mon."
With as many times as I've seen the movie, I know...believe me. For my next trick, I'll be quoting 'Jaws' line for line...

"The little brown eel swims out of the cave..."

What? 'Jaws' or 'Batman'? I've seen them both a couple hundred times...especially 'Jaws'. It's been my favorite movie since I was 4.

As I'm sure you can tell from a viewing of my Dvd Aficionado account, I'm a huge Batman fan...and horror fan...and WWF fan...and Seagal fan...and Van Damme fan...and Arnold fan...and Stallone fan...and Clint Eastwood fan...Lol. The list goes on and on.

That never gets old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom