"Your Arsenal" aborted re-release bonus tracks

Re: "Your Arsenal" aborted re-release bonus tracks

And a cover for itunes...

nvea10.jpg

Do you have the remastered version of the original 'Tomorrow' which I can see here? What about the original of 'There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends' remastered which I can also see listed from your previous post?

These would be good to have.

Do you have the remastered version of the original 'Tomorrow' which I can see here? What about the original of 'There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends' remastered which I can also see listed from your previous post?

I think the entire albums need to be ripped and uploaded so that the equalization would be the same--please do this owner of the CDs!

Many thanks for sharing IR

Dave

Somebody ready the oxygen tank and the coffee maker for Skylarker. This has been a gloriously busy week. Thank you to all who have contributed. Truly.

Ok, so thanks to the kindness of a person who shall remain unnamed we are all now able to hear this wonderful acoustic rendition of Seasick, Yet Still Docked.

Enjoy!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/71nd5x

So, first of all, it's wonderful to have this, and I'm grateful to you for sharing it as well as to whoever gave it to you.

I am curious, however, as to why it's at 128. Was it given to you this way? I assume so. But I still have to wonder as to the likelihood of the source only having it at 128. Now, as that was the semi-standard for digital files sometime back (10-15 years ago), and as the album tapes date back even further, maybe whenever this person got their hands on this song, assuming it wasn't the hard disc, it was already encoded at 128. And that's entirely possible.

But I also feel like maybe the person who gave you this has the 320 copy, or even lossless, but retained that higher quality copy as a way of holding back, as it were, a tiny bit of collectibility, which is kind of odd ,and kind of implies a "this is good enough for the plebs," mentality. And yes, there's the whole element of "even if they intentionally only shared a 128 rip, they didn't have to share it all" and that's true.

And this brings me full circle, which is to express gratitude to all those involved in leaking this. And honestly, as it's an acoustic track, the 128 compression isn't really an issue, like it would be with a heavier track.

Still, at the risk of sounding petulant, I'm just curious as to the low bitrate. But...STILL grateful, STILL happy to have this, STILL think it sounds great.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, first of all, it's wonderful to have this, and I'm grateful to you for sharing it as well as to whoever gave it to you.

I am curious, however, as to why it's at 128. Was it given to you this way? I assume so. But I still have to wonder as to the likelihood of the source only having it at 128. Now, as that was the semi-standard for digital files sometime back (10-15 years ago), and as the album tapes date back even further, maybe whenever this person got their hands on this song, assuming it wasn't the hard disc, it was already encoded at 128. And that's entirely possible.

But I also feel like maybe the person who gave you this has the 320 copy, or even lossless, but retained that higher quality copy as a way of holding back, as it were, a tiny bit of collectibility, which is kind of odd ,and kind of implies a "this is good enough for the plebs," mentality. And yes, there's the whole element of "even if they intentionally only shared a 128 rip, they didn't have to share it all" and that's true.

And this brings me full circle, which is to express gratitude to all those involved in leaking this. And honestly, as it's an acoustic track, the 128 compression isn't really an issue, like it would be with a heavier track.

Still, at the risk of sounding petulant, I'm just curious as to the low bitrate. But...STILL grateful, STILL happy to have this, STILL think it sounds great.

I am sorry but this is how I received it.
I am very happy to be able to listen to this song and extremely grateful to the person who made it available, the bitrate never even crossed my mind.
The other 4 tracks I shared are at 320kbps, and I would have done the same with this one if I could.

I am sorry but this is how I received it.
I am very happy to be able to listen to this song and extremely grateful to the person who made it available, the bitrate never even crossed my mind.
The other 4 tracks I shared are at 320kbps, and I would have done the same with this one if I could.

There is zip for you to apologize for. And I am aware that your shares are almost always at 320. And, again, I would be grateful to hear this track if it was at 64, LOL...

Just, as I said, curious as to why this generous benefactor only granted you a 128 copy. If that question comes off as implying ungratefulness, or dissatisfaction with the track, well, that is simply not where I'm coming from.

Back
Top Bottom