Young the Giant – iTunes Live from SoHo (2011)

The Seeker of Good Songs

Formerly known as the Jakes, Young the Giant began making eclectic indie rock in Irvine, CA, where bandmates Sameer Gadhia (vocals), Jacob Tilley (guitar), Eric Cannata (guitar), Payam Doostzadeh (bass), and Francois Comtois (drummer) all met each other during high school. Following graduation, the guys ditched their respective bands and formed their own outfit, drawing upon their European and Middle Eastern roots to forge a worldly, summery sound. Although the boys left Orange County shortly thereafter to attend different colleges, they continued making music together, eventually deciding to put school on hold and focus on the group instead. The decision wasn’t in vain; by early 2009, they were opening for Kings of Leon and playing shows at…
mp3 256 kbps | 77 MB | FSo | FSe | WU | Ul | ES
… South by Southwest. Several months later, they were signed to Roadrunner Records. The Jakes changed their names in January 2010 and began working on an album with producer Joe Chiccarelli, tracking most of the songs at Sunset Sound Studios in Los Angeles. Featuring cameos by My Morning Jacket’s Bo Koster and Jellyfish’s Roger Manning, the self-titled debut was released later that year.
Tracklist:
1. Strings (Reprise)
2. I Got
3. Apartment
4. Cough Syrup
5. Shake My Hand
6. God Made Man
7. Islands
8. My Body

from: http://exystence.net/blog/2011/10/23/young-the-giant-itunes-live-from-soho-2011/

Back
Top Bottom