Young Mike Joyce

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Two friends of mine, Gary Cavanagh and Matt Webster, have just written the first volume of the history of bands in and around Bradford - it's called Bradford's Noise Of The Valleys and it's bloody fantastic - item modelled below.

3765757627_62f6a136c0_o.jpg

A little known fact is that the young Mike Joyce was amongst the first to play at the then new 1-in-12 club in Bradford, with his band Victim.

3766548888_5ae468a1b6_o.jpg

Their EP, the Teen Age, was recorded before Mike joined - see here, and note the original drummer's comment! You can also hear the songs on the EP on this page.

Anyway - there's a picture in the book of a young Mike Joyce, which must have been only a year or so before he joined The Smiths...on the left, sir.

3766548732_5dcca103b3_o.jpg

Nice hair.

Peter

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Two friends of mine, Gary Cavanagh and Matt Webster, have just written the first volume of the history of bands in and around Bradford - it's called Bradford's Noise Of The Valleys and it's bloody fantastic - item modelled below.

3765757627_62f6a136c0_o.jpg

A little known fact is that the young Mike Joyce was amongst the first to play at the then new 1-in-12 club in Bradford, with his band Victim.

3766548888_5ae468a1b6_o.jpg

Their EP, the Teen Age, was recorded before Mike joined - see here, and note the original drummer's comment! You can also hear the songs on the EP on this page.

Anyway - there's a picture in the book of a young Mike Joyce, which must have been only a year or so before he joined The Smiths...on the left, sir.

3766548732_5dcca103b3_o.jpg

Nice hair.

Peter

Nice one Peter
It was indeed a great haircut!
I also note they played Coventry's General Wolfe.....
There is not many pleasant memories I have from living in cov.... but gigs at The General Wolfe made up for the shit times..... saw UK Subs, Gods Toys and a load of other punk bands there.....

Jukebox Jury

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom