YOU?

U

unclever name

Stumbling out of the Chicago Theater, on the Feb 10th gig, i expectidly winced at the sight of what is a "Morrissey Fan". Is this a generalization?...yes, but accurately so. I have always had the personal experience of leaving concerts slightly downcast, because after the drapes close and the band waves bye, the night ends and so does the fantasy that i be seen and loved above all the rest of the shouting idiots.
Though Morrissey didn't say, "Yes, you, i like you best" or anything of the like, i was surprisingly contented that i was not of the rest, seperated by the very single fact that i stood there with vertebres that worked, not some less-handsome imposter or groveling characture. The Chicago Theater that night was an ugly sea of shabby side-burns and tiresome vintage glasses, all with this artifical smugness where mounds of people, perhaps you, pranced around as some Morrissey incarnet, secretely conviencinging themselves, yourselves, there is this mystical bond in being the same. I stood there in the pit adoring the man, making eye contact several times, somewhat unnerved that i was just another spinless clone. I left the show that night, semi-charmed, wondering how a Morrissey-devout rests at night knowing in the back of their silly brains they are the less successful version of the one on stage, the anonomous immatator looking up at the one who is, literally, looking down at them.

sad to say...

unclever name, your words ring true...

I've been fortunate enough to meet a handfull of music icons (Black Francis, Pet Shop Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cardigans) and I always feel a little sad after I do.

Morrissey means so much to me, and were I ever to meet him, I pray that I can muster the charm to say something original to him that he would remember. The sad fact is, though, that while we may feel that we know everything about a celebrity, they know nothing about us as individuals. It is as though we are worshipping them from the opposite side of a double mirror, where we can see everything they do, but they have no knowledge of us whatsoever.

No matter who we are, or how sincerely we tell Morrissey that "we love him", we will always fall into the anonymous genre of "the fan". It is only through our personal accomplishments or the expression of our personalities that The Star will ever acknowledge us and appreciate us as an individual.

-c

moz16.jpg

Re: sad to say...

> unclever name, your words ring true...

> I've been fortunate enough to meet a handfull of music icons
> (Black Francis, Pet Shop Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cardigans)
> and I always feel a little sad after I do.

> Morrissey means so much to me, and were I ever to meet him, I
> pray that I can muster the charm to say something original to
> him that he would remember. The sad fact is, though, that while
> we may feel that we know everything about a celebrity, they know
> nothing about us as individuals. It is as though we are
> worshipping them from the opposite side of a double mirror,
> where we can see everything they do, but they have no knowledge
> of us whatsoever.

> No matter who we are, or how sincerely we tell Morrissey that
> "we love him", we will always fall into the anonymous
> genre of "the fan". It is only through our personal
> accomplishments or the expression of our personalities that The
> Star will ever acknowledge us and appreciate us as an
> individual.

> -c

retards are the best

i dont know ahts going on with this posting board crap but its confusing mee

You'll never be a starlette

> i dont know ahts going on with this posting board crap but its
> confusing me...

perhaps im giving you too much d-i-c-k...wait a sec, you're coochy is very mooshy from penetrating your walls with fierce force. there we go, a nice tight little a-s-s-h-o-l-e, ahhhhhh, you like that you circus b-i-t-c-h, stop @#!!!n' screaming so @#!!!n' loud...you wanna be a rock star, you gotta earn your name, Starlette...look you goofy, bulimic, hypomanic b-i-t-c-h, for the last @#!!!n' time, im not Juan Valdez, so just open your mouth and say ahhhh...

Back
Top Bottom