You were good in your time - Who is it about?

Mike Joyce.

Love PTxx.

I reckon it's about himself - the way he thinks everyone's always trying to get rid of him.

Sorry Doesn't Help is definitely about Joyce, though - and I wonder if the line about sorry not being enough to bring Mozzer's true love back to him is a reference to Marr?

I don't think Sorry Doesn't Help is about Joyce. I think it's about a parental figure.

Sorry Doesn't Help is definitely about Joyce, though - and I wonder if the line about sorry not being enough to bring Mozzer's true love back to him is a reference to Marr?

:doh:

It's probably about Jake.

Yeh when he used to be good, last two albums have been a joke, now i have to sit and wait another 2 years to ee if he releases anything bareable.

Yeh when he used to be good, last two albums have been a joke, now i have to sit and wait another 2 years to ee if he releases anything bareable.

You think?

I think it's a general song to all his heroes. I don't think it's about him, although I can imagine he might see that people will feel about him the way he feels about his heroes.

According to the french forum, the voices in this song are taken from the french movie "Pepe le Moko" (starring Jean Gabin). An US remake was shot by John Crowell : Casbah (Algiers, 1938) with Charles Boyer.

Here, the english subtitles from the movie, corresponding to extracts used :

Will you come again?
- Tomorrow.
- You sure?
- Same time.
Here?
I really like you.
You're beautiful.

What did you do before?
Before what?
Before the diamonds.
I dreamed of them.

You really can't get rid of this Casbah?
Why do you ask?
No, they've got me boxed in. I can't hole up anywhere else. They're hunting me. If I leave here, they nail me.

Happy now? You're reassured ?
I'm neither happy nor reassured.

You're right, because I could do anything, even come looking for you

Last edited:
Oh good, theres a thread about this song! Cos I've listened to it a few times now...who could it be about? I dunno

1) I like the song, its growing on me.
2) I find the end bit a bit creepy!?! hahaha I dunno why, I just do....

I'm not sure I have the lyrics right but he say's something like..."Then you grip with your hand, now so small in mine. Are you aware?, wherever you are, that you have just died"... and then it goes a little strange! :eek:

I just find it eerie...I still like it but....ya know!

Tags
lyrics
Back
Top Bottom