Morrissey Central "You, Me & Ours" (April 11, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "You, Me & Ours" - April 11, 2020

2020-04-11 22.04.18.png

Regards,
FWD.

Yes the factory farming industry has oceans of blood and swill on its hands. But at least we have westerners protesting the abhorrent actions of these factories. China has a good history of protest within the ranks of its own country but I have never heard of any Chinese protest of these barbaric wet markets. It seems to just be part of their culture. God I'm so sick of peoples' culture.
From what I gather, they are limited to specific regions of China and many from the more metropolitan areas of China find them distasteful if not cruel. So there is hope there.

And if our own liberals in the West can overlook the killing of (up to) forty million people for the benefit of the Chinese ‘cultural revolution’, it’s hard to take their apparent concern for Chinese traditions and reputations seriously. Perhaps they can go on the menu in wet markets, rather than the other animals? That way, everyone is happy.

Taken from autobiography page 202..... yet there comes a time when suicidalist must shut it down if only in order to save face , otherwise you accidentally become a nightclub act minus the actual nightclub.....

The wet markets are a time bomb. And the time bomb just went off. If the wet markets start to open again - as it appears they are - the clock is ticking for this to happen again. Maybe worse next time. This virus has a relatively low morbidity and mortality rate - no consolation to those who have died. God help us if something comes along with a mortality rate that is much higher.

It really should be called the "meat-eater virus", really It should, But offend the carnivores?not goin to hapoen. Call the virus anything other than what has made innocent Chinese Americans run to the gun shop, in numbers.
The virus was made in a Wuhan lab.
Nothing to do with meat.

What concerns me is that this will become a distraction from the horrors occurring in slaughterhouses across Europe and in the USA. We could do more about this, pretty much overnight.

I don't think it will in the UK. Whenever an animal rights group gets footage, there's good coverage. We've had the horse meat scandal & farms that have been quarantined because of flu outbreaks. They'll probably watch it more closely because now we know the whole country can lockdown because of the meat industry.

I'm hoping factory farming will get tighter regulations from this.

Morrissey has posted a video on his shit website and said nothing.

He can speak out when it comes to The Guardian, so why the f*** doesn't he say exactly what he means when it comes to his recent post?

Gutless as f***!

He can't post a video on The Guardian & he obviously thinks the video has a point.

The wet markets are pretty horrible, yeah

But they've been going on for years

Not a scientist, but i can"t see how wet markets can be blamed for this

Coronaviruses change every year - my work gives me the flu jab for free, which is never the same one year after year

People look for someone / something to blame (carnivores or sinister scientists in Wuhan labs...creating deadly viruses to kill their own people while munching on a bat pie) but i kinda think these things do just happen from time to time

Coronaviruses change every year - my work gives me the flu jab for free, which is never the same one year after year

People look for someone / something to blame (carnivores or sinister scientists in Wuhan labs...creating deadly viruses to kill their own people while munching on a bat pie) but i kinda think these things do just happen from time to time

You sound like my Gran when her local butcher got shut for an E. coli outbreak that killed 21 people.

He reopened - all his regulars went back as if he hadn't been selling them contaminated meat & then the shop collapsed because it was built on old mining works.

Covid was caused by bats coming in close contact with humans at a market. China knew it was likely to happen & they should regulate their markets. And they also shouldn't lie, cover-up & punish people who tell the truth when they do get an outbreak.

Influenza is not a type of coronavirus. They are two different types of virus entirely. Coronaviruses by definition are diseases that come from mammals and birds. Trouble occurs when the disease jumps to humans as they cause respiratory-type illnesses which can be fatal. People are rightly pointing the finger at the wet markets because:

a) they sell disease-carrying wild animals like bats and pangolins for food and traditional medicine
b) the conditions are filthy, with animals frequently being skinned alive on dirty floors
c) the SARS outbreak (another coronavirus) originated from China in similar circumstances in 2002-3 and it seems the Chinese have learned nothing.

Influenza is not a type of coronavirus. They are two different types of virus entirely. Coronaviruses by definition are diseases that come from mammals and birds. Trouble occurs when the disease jumps to humans as they cause respiratory-type illnesses which can be fatal. People are rightly pointing the finger at the wet markets because:

a) they sell disease-carrying wild animals like bats and pangolins for food and traditional medicine
b) the conditions are filthy, with animals frequently being skinned alive on dirty floors
c) the SARS outbreak (another coronavirus) originated from China in similar circumstances in 2002-3 and it seems the Chinese have learned nothing.
Thank you, very informative!

I don't think it will in the UK. Whenever an animal rights group gets footage, there's good coverage. We've had the horse meat scandal & farms that have been quarantined because of flu outbreaks. They'll probably watch it more closely because now we know the whole country can lockdown because of the meat industry.

I'm hoping factory farming will get tighter regulations from this.
I’ve not heard the Tories or Labour mention the animal welfare issues which underpin this. And I was fairly surprised to hear the shadow chancellor calling for a Brexit delay on Thursday, first because it’s obviously going to happen anyway and secondly because they are simply picking the ball up from December; if anything, it will play less well now.

Are they more scared of China or our own meat industries?

This virus jumped from one animal species to another. If you can't see how a wet market would increase the risk of that then you really do need to go back to school.

I’ve not heard the Tories or Labour mention the animal welfare issues which underpin this. And I was fairly surprised to hear the shadow chancellor calling for a Brexit delay on Thursday, first because it’s obviously going to happen anyway and secondly because they are simply picking the ball up from December; if anything, it will play less well now.

Are they more scared of China or our own meat industries?

Virtually no one has mentioned it. Most governments are reluctant to criticise China in any way. We are watching the twilight of the USA - and the full rise of China as the world superpower. Scary.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom