"You Like This Sort of Thing, Don't You" - my original anti-monarchy song

Eustace Walks

Obviously, since we're Morrissey fans, I figured there may be other English republicans in our midst, so I wanted to share this...

With the words written this afternoon on scraps at work in the university shop, I did the music when I got home in only about 10-15 mins - so it's not studio quality or anything! As you may have gathered - it's with regards to today's special delivery and the related media hype...

Be awesome to know what people think (be honest obviously!)

Best,
Oliver

[link deleted by request]

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, since we're Morrissey fans, I figured there may be other English republicans in our midst, so I wanted to share this...

With the words written this afternoon on scraps at work in the university shop, I did the music when I got home in only about 10-15 mins - so it's not studio quality or anything! As you may have gathered - it's with regards to today's special delivery and the related media hype...

Be awesome to know what people think (be honest obviously!)

Best,
Oliver

[link deleted by request]
That is what I call good little idiot and from uni of course.

I'd swap the swedish royals for a president any day but only because our royal family is not swedish but in fact french and I think that applies to the english royal family as well.

We will always have people living off people and a brigade of people applauding that saying they are great ambassadors and so on. Morrissey identified that the royals have more power than some claim and especially the english royal family or in short the queen.

With age he seems to have softened probably because he now wants to become part of the establishment and get a look in. He might even become a politician.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I call good little idiot and from uni of course.

I'd swap the swedish royals for a president any day but only because our royal family is not swedish but in fact french and I think that applies to the english royal family as well.

We will always have people living off people and a brigade of people applauding that saying they are great ambassadors and so on. Morrissey identified that the royals have more power than some claim and especially the english royal family or in short the queen.

With age he seems to have softened probably because he now wants to become part of the establishment and get a look in. He might even become a politician.

I mean, I agree... so quite why 'little idiot' was necessary, I will remain blissfully unsure

I really like the style of recording that you chose, and you've got the kind of voice I can see listening to. Kind of a Mountain Goats singer/guitarist sensibility that I like on rainy days.

I mean, I agree... so quite why 'little idiot' was necessary, I will remain blissfully unsure
Anyone at uni is because they brain wash you people and you never end up the same. It is needed though to fill positions where the many do useless things getting paid to stay controlled so they don't rebel.

You will end up fat and bitter but fairly wealthy but never at any point really happy. Your highlight in life will be a backpacker tour of the far east and from then on it is all downhill in life.

The same people dictating your life now will dictate your life in the future only their first names will be different and the surname the same.

I really like the style of recording that you chose, and you've got the kind of voice I can see listening to. Kind of a Mountain Goats singer/guitarist sensibility that I like on rainy days.
You listened to it!

LOL

well done Eustace,few funny lyrics in there,good guitar sound as well.

each time one of these royals has a child the sovereign grant goes up meaning they don't even pay for their own childs upkeep.

Good job, Eustace. I usually go into these sort of posts with very low expectations to be honest, but I really like this. Nice lyrics!

Tags
eustace walks
Back
Top Bottom