"You Have Killed Me" cover version - Morrissey Central (January 19, 2019)

What a lovely video the girl made and a nice post on Instagram. Morrissey has the loveliest fans. Bella!

I always find this hard to watch because of Alain having to mime drums in the background while Jesse plays guitar. I really wish he hadn't agreed to do it.

i like the idea of a cover not just replacing the male voice with a female one but also in another language. i cant think of any other examples at the moment.

I love the Elvis Presley clips in the video "Is It Really So Strange?". Elvis Presley was such a handsome man. They sound like they might be singing in Italian in the video.

I always wonder if Elvis Presley was still alive what songs he might sing today. I'm sure that he would still be singing gospel songs. I wonder if he might of covered one of Morrissey's solo songs. Tom Jones is still going and he has a great voice. Engelbert Humperdinck, Pat Boone, Cliff Richard and Tony Bennett are still going. So sad that Elvis died so young.

I love the Elvis Presley clips in the video "Is It Really So Strange?". Elvis Presley was such a handsome man. They sound like they might be singing in Italian in the video.

I always wonder if Elvis Presley was still alive what songs he might sing today. I'm sure that he would still be singing gospel songs. I wonder if he might of covered one of Morrissey's solo songs. Tom Jones is still going and he has a great voice. Engelbert Humperdinck, Pat Boone, Cliff Richard and Tony Bennett are still going. So sad that Elvis died so young.
I'm not sure which Morrissey song Elvis Presley might of chosen had he lived. Elvis could sing anything he had such a tremendous, powerful voice it was almost operatic towards the end! Elvis sang really sad, heartbreaking love songs and songs about loneliness, feeling hurt, depression and lost love towards the end of his life. I don't think that Elvis ever got over his wife Priscilla leaving him he was heartbroken. Elvis was almost like a torch singer towards the end of his life but he could still rock. Gospel music was probably Elvis' favourite music but he also loved rock 'n' roll, country, blues, opera, vocal harmony groups (I think that he liked 'Doo-Wop' and Southern Gospel Quartets) and soul. Elvis could also sing in the Bing Crosby 'crooner' style.

I heard that Elvis wanted to record Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" he never did though. Maybe his life might of taken a similar path to that of Johnny Cash had he lived. Johnny Cash died back in 2003. Ray Charles died in 2004. Roy Orbison and Johnnie Ray (who Morrissey liked) have also both sadly died.

Johnny Hallyday the French version of Elvis Presley died at the end of 2017. Last year Charles Aznavour the French version of Frank Sinatra died. Morrissey paid tribute to the great Charles Aznavour and the great Aretha Franklin! There was also a Swedish version of Elvis Presley. Britain had a few versions of Elvis like Cliff Richard and the late Billy Fury (who Morrissey liked). There were some American singers/entertainers who tried to be like Elvis Presley.

Fats Domino and Chuck Berry both died in 2017. Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard are still with us they are still alive. Little Richard is very religious these days and has retired from performing.

They are definitely singing in Italian in the video! They don't sing like Luciano Pavarotti or Enrico Caruso though. Mario Lanza was Italian-American like Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Dean Martin.

Maybe Elvis Presley might of recorded the song "You Raise Me Up"? Had he lived and sung it in English. It has a spiritual feel about it. It isn't a Morrissey song though. Josh Groban does a nice version of it:

Jesus, that is f***ing terrible.

I'm very sorry! I'm not a singer, but I wanted Morrissey to know that - in Italy - we miss him a lot. 4 years without a gig. So... he had my message, and this is the only important thing for me ❤️

But, yes, I killed his songs, I know... and I'm so sorry!

Anyway ... I'm going to kill Speedway too.
Any advice for the videoclip?
Well, besides pausing halfway through and having someone sing in English... :)
Any footage from things like The Leather Boys, The Girl On A Motorcycle (M.Faithful has a great look in this), This Sporting Life, Poor Cow, Room At The Top, A Place To Go... Just some random suggestions from things I've watched recently that fit in with your videos.
I'd just carry on regardless - asking things here can be like asking a bag of snakes if they know the best way to get poisoned ;)
Regards,
FWD.

Any advice for the videoclip?
200_d.gif

:thumb:

Good advice, thank you!
Done!

Oh, Sam didn't share the video.
View attachment 47300

Thank you for this.

Elvis Presley: Speedway (1968) - Original HQ Trailer:

Elvis Presley & Nancy Sinatra only made one movie together back in 1968? Maybe Morrissey should make a movie with Nancy Sinatra?

Elvis Presley "You Gave Me A Mountain" (for Tom Tom Club) and others who relate to this song:

As others have said don't let the negativity get you down. You are doing your best that is all that matters. You are showing Morrissey how much he means to you.

I'm sure that he appreciates your tributes and Sam probably does too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom