You Are The Torrent - Smiths Gig (09-28-85) Error

C

CrashingBore

The following was posted on Sharing The Groove's Message Board, and I hope to let everyone here know the same information (in case you "stumble" upon this gig somewhere). If you are looking to download this gig, get a program called, "BIT TORRENT".

--------------------
You Are The Torrent - Smiths 092885 Gig ERROR!

This was uploaded to the Smiths/Morrissey Tracker site
"You Are The Torrent" [http://aloneta.mine.nu:6969/index.html]

The setlist (provided by Passions Just Like Mine - Smiths Complete Gigography)

September 28 1985 -
Clickimin Centre
Lerwick, Shetland Isles (Scotland)

Shakespeare's Sister
I Want The One I Can't Have
What She Said
Nowhere Fast
What's The World
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Stretch Out And Wait
Frankly, Mr Shankly
Bigmouth Strikes Again *
Still Ill
Rusholme Ruffians/ (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Meat Is Murder *
This Charming Man
Hand In Glove
Miserable Lie

[even though the cd covers included in the torrent don't mention a track 1 intro, it's not a big deal]

* - MULTIPLE ERRORS -- "Bigmouth Strikes Again" at around 1:37, at 1:38 to 1:48 it is silent, and quickly thereafter it is the next song, "Still Ill" - and then the next track is "Still Ill" which is the complete tracked version. "Meat Is Murder" starts off with the intro, and cuts it at 0:51 then jumps (i don't know how far into the song) to the rest of the song. Still on "Meat Is Murder" (or so how it was tracked), at the end of the song, at 4:01 (on the SAME track) it goes into "This Charming Man" which, by that point, actually the timed ending of the track, renders "This Charming Man" incomplete. It then proceeds to the next track, "This Charming Man" which is complete, as so the rest of the gig. *

These errors could have been by:

1. Original Silvers (the way it was originally on the CDs)
2. Rip (from the Silvers), where, the drive ripping the tracks skipped certain parameters on the timing of tracks (possible 0:00 errors in EAC - I have seen this before), this is odd, I mean I have seen EAC 0:00 errors, but not in the way where the tracks were misaligned. (I DOUBT THIS WAS THE CASE BUT I AM ONLY GUESSING HERE)
--------------------

I hope this helps anyone looking to download this gig from that site.

Back
Top Bottom