you are all aware of damien dempsey, yes?

Too bad he put me to sleep, and I really gave him a chance.

Oh well, he's a nice guy though.

A few good songs that really have some excellent insight into Irish life, both culturally and politically, but half of the songs aren't very good.

Damo!

charlie tango said:
i am very hard to please with new music but this fella is the real thing.

Damo is great. He's my second favourite artist after Moz. The clincher for me was seeing him at Dublin Castle in 2004 supporting Moz. I've seen him a couple of times since then, and the gigs are fanatastic, both the man himself and the fans full of energy. I'm seeing him again at the end of May in Cypress Avenue in Cork, a really small venue, the upstairs of a bar really, which should be really good. There's a live album due out soon as well. Damo's the real deal alright, original, talented and seems likely a genuinely good guy to boot.

Saw Damo at the MEN gig back in 2004. He really didn't do much for me, sadly, despite Morrissey's obvious love for his music. Ah well. He was decent enough as a support act but the whole man-and-guitar folky type thing isn't my cup of tea.

I'm a big fan. Love his 'Shots' album. Met him a few times too, top bloke. Going to see him in Derry this Sunday. Can't wait.

Mickey Ferry said:
I'm a big fan. Love his 'Shots' album. Met him a few times too, top bloke. Going to see him in Derry this Sunday. Can't wait.
Wow. There's a Moz fan in Tyrone. What do the other ten people like?

mp3 request

Can someone upload the Damien Dempsy song with the line... "I'm never going to let anybody get their negative vibes into my mind and psyche" ???

Thanks.

It's weird hearing this song with drums, strings, bass, a second guitar.. I had only heard it 3 times acoustic only back in 04.

Does anyone have any live shows from ol' Damo?

My wife and I saw him on the '04 tour and thought he was great.

- unrulyboy -

unrulyboy said:
Does anyone have any live shows from ol' Damo?

My wife and I saw him on the '04 tour and thought he was great.

- unrulyboy -

i have a recording i made of two of his shows this past weekend... the quality is just so so though (vocals are way too loud) wish i had brought a recorder to the show last night. good craic. there's a few videos on youtube though.

Back
Top Bottom