Morrissey Central "YOU’RE THAT STRETCH OF THE BEACH THAT THE TIDE DOESN’T REACH" (July 9, 2021)

Links to a Dodwell article entitled:
"“World Peace Is None Of Your Business”— A Reappraisal of Morrissey’s 2014 Album"

Regards,
FWD.

All’s well that’s Dodwell.

That record sold 25,000 units in his beat chance at a market. Why? …because it was GARBAGE.

Fak Arf with this nonsense.

World Peace is a good album with some outstanding tracks - but I was a surprised he named that above Dog, which is a much better album and one of his best. Love California Son too. Obviously we're all yet to hear Bonfire - but it sounds very promising from the recent interview.
Yes. The new Melvis album will be his “best yet”. 😂

Being paid by Morrissey to revaluate bad Morrissey albums for eternity seems like a kind of hell for music journalists
She’s not a journalist. She’s a glorified blogger who’s paid to write pap. Ever tried to read one of her books? 😝

o_O
today we bring you an interview of an unknown
mediocre Moz/Smiths collector/fan:

" I had all Japanese items"
really?
"Yes all and the tshirts too"
do you have the tshirt still?
"cant find it inside my one closet,
lets move on.."
and the other Japanese items?
"sold them but had them dont have them now because I sold them its not like I never had"
LOL you sold then right before you signed up right?
"yes i needed the rubbles"
lucky you, you can buy some items from TheSmiths1985
"the time is not right, interview over"

🇭🇷>:hammer:

always liked world peace,one duff track in mountjoy but the rest are very good,i played it for nearly a year and was never bored with it.can anybody tell me why alexa can play just about any morrissey song song yet when i ask her to play staircase or any other WP song she says i cant find that one,is it due to licensing.
It's funny how 2 people can hear the same thing and have it impact them different. I love Mountjoy. I think it's one of the best tracks on the record.

I think the album is pretty good.. I dunno if it's great relative to the much of his catalog but it's got a lot of moments I really enjoy.

I Am Not a Man is the one track I never listen to.

Here are the M Rourke votes for the World Peace songs
  • WPINOYB 7/10 (great music, foolish lyrics)
  • Neal Cassady 8/10
  • Not a man 8/10 (again some great music but let down by a few duff lyrics)
  • Istanbul 9/10
  • Earth 7/10
  • Staircase 9/10
  • Bullfighter 8/10
  • Kiss me 6/10
  • Smiler 10/10
  • Bride 6/10
  • Lovejoy 8/10
  • Oboe 8/10
  • Scandi 4/10
  • One of... 8/10
  • Drag the river 9/10
  • Forgive someone 6/10
  • Julie 10/10
  • Art-hounds 8/10
All in all, a surprisingly good collection of songs with the most diverse set of arrangements since the Bona Drag era. His equal-4th best album (after Viva, Arsenal and Vauxhall).

today we bring you an interview of an unknown
mediocre Moz/Smiths collector/fan:

" I had all Japanese items"
really?
"Yes all and the tshirts too"
do you have the tshirt still?
"cant find it inside my one closet,
lets move on.."
and the other Japanese items?
"sold them but had them dont have them now because I sold them its not like I never had"
LOL you sold then right before you signed up right?
"yes i needed the rubbles"
lucky you, you can buy some items from TheSmiths1985
"the time is not right, interview over"

🇭🇷>:hammer:
bless
The thickest person to ever grace these cherished boards
Now go on, off you pop to pick berries in Minnesota.

:)

of course, every new album builds on the previous one.:)
Melvin it aint working for you, maybe time to apply at
the AMPM:hammer:

Indeed. It's just someone's shitty, shitty blog. Nothing official about it all. It's not even journalism. It's some randomer's brainfarts.
Like her words or not, they have been reposted on Morrissey's official site. So, if she's a 'randomer', what does that make you, oh skinny one?

He's always just about to release his best ever album, '2041, and the 82 year old ex-Smiths singer is about to release his new LP, 'Dahmer's Fridge', Morrissey has told the Old Musical Express that it's his best ever and makes 'The Queen Is Dead' look like 'absolute crap'.

Track listing:

1. Dahmer's Fridge (Has Anybody Thought To Look In?)
3. Joyce's Threat
4. There Is A Hate That Never Stays In
5. Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Bought A Load Of Sex Toys On My Amazon Prime Account (But It Wasn't Me)
6. Surely I'll Be Dead Soon
7. They're All Laughing At The Guitarist Who Still Dyes His Hair
8. Love On The Stair Lift
9. Dentures Strike Again
10. Probably The Last Song I Will Ever Sing. No, Really.

The reaction to a song is such an individual experience - I love Mountjoy. Brought a tear to my eye when I first heard it. Maybe it's an Irish thing?
Yeah I love Mountjoy because it was one of the first tracks to bring back that Bona Drag, Viva Hate type vibe into Morrissey's sound that has been seriously lacking of late. Michael's Bones, Yes I am blind, Late Night, Maudlin Street, etc...

Step it up, Janice. I hate the album, but even I have the box-set. And the giant poster with the fans names on it (mine included). And I remember a shitty-looking t-shirt with a totally misaligned print that went straight in the bin.
My T shirt looked like someone had been sick on it.

It's funny how 2 people can hear the same thing and have it impact them different. I love Mountjoy. I think it's one of the best tracks on the record.

I think the album is pretty good.. I dunno if it's great relative to the much of his catalog but it's got a lot of moments I really enjoy.

I Am Not a Man is the one track I never listen to.
I too love Mountjoy and give I am not a man a pass on every listen.

My ratings

WPINOYB 3/10
2. Neal C 2/10
3. Man 2/10
4. Istanbul 8/10
5. Earth 7/10
6. Staircase 6/10
7. Bullfighter 7/10
8. Kiss me 8/10
9. Smiler 7/10
10. Kick 7/10
11. Mountjoy 6/10
12. Oboe 2/10

For me, Cassady just dissolves into an aimless mess, like a demo, when we get to the bits with Morrissey just singing 'la da de dahh da de da dahh' over and over. I've never got the love for Oboe, think it's one of the worst cuts along with NCDD and, yes, INAM never really did it for me either.

Istanbul is one of his strongest solo songs for me, really evocative, good storytelling lyrics too. Staircase is catchy but a bit hammy. KMAL was perfect single fodder but I never hear anyone else who loves it.

As a previous poster said, some of the best bits are in the bonus tracks such as ArtHounds, but I'll always think Morrissey singing 'Forgive Someone' is hilarious coming from someone who's held a grudge since 1996/7!

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom