Morrissey Central "YOU’RE THAT STRETCH OF THE BEACH THAT THE TIDE DOESN’T REACH" (July 9, 2021)

Links to a Dodwell article entitled:
"“World Peace Is None Of Your Business”— A Reappraisal of Morrissey’s 2014 Album"

Regards,
FWD.

always liked world peace,one duff track in mountjoy but the rest are very good,i played it for nearly a year and was never bored with it.can anybody tell me why alexa can play just about any morrissey song song yet when i ask her to play staircase or any other WP song she says i cant find that one,is it due to licensing.
Was it when he fell out with the labels boss a week after release and then it was pulled from ever where cant remember the bosses name.

totally right,it wasnt slated on here at the time,it was met with very good reactions,in-fact i seem to remember skinflint liking istanbul,then again i might have dreamt that.would love to back and read the haters comments at the time,bet they were gushing.
I’m actually one of them. I loved it at the time of release, but has since “grown” to almost loathe it. I think I was just starved for new Morrissey music and was also duped by the polished and professional sounding production.

Was it when he fell out with the labels boss a week after release and then it was pulled from ever where cant remember the bosses name.
Steve Barnett.
Regards,
FWD.

it was steve barnett baz,it was three weeks after release.tempers frayed when harvest did the spoken word videos whereas M probably wanted videos with actual music,not much to ask as a singer.
least M got up close and personal with pammy anderson for an afternoon so wasnt a wasted exercise.

Vegan Croc of Sh1t won’t be pleased. I don’t have the box set.
I guess I thought it was quite good in 2014. 🧐

Attachments

• DFDE9C0E-D70E-4212-95B1-067E83083157.jpeg
    DFDE9C0E-D70E-4212-95B1-067E83083157.jpeg
    742.2 KB · Views: 0
Vegan Croc of Sh1t won’t be pleased. I don’t have the box set.
I guess I thought it was quite good in 2014. 🧐
Step it up, Janice. I hate the album, but even I have the box-set. And the giant poster with the fans names on it (mine included). And I remember a shitty-looking t-shirt with a totally misaligned print that went straight in the bin.

I love World Peace, both the record and the ideal state of global existence, but if I have to read one more 'reappraisal' by Fifi, I will personally make sure we never get there.

That line used on Central however... 💕

Golly Gee, I wonder where ‘they’ saw that line, recently..? 😉

I’m delighted Morrissey picked out World Peace for some special mention. It represents a moment (for me) when being a Morrissey fan became easy again. I was running on fumes after Ringleader.

Step it up, Janice. I hate the album, but even I have the box-set. And the giant poster with the fans names on it (mine included). And I remember a shitty-looking t-shirt with a totally misaligned print that went straight in the bin.
It is a poor effort. I concur.😳

I do have that T-shirt somewhere. I also have the poster and the lithograph from recordstore (I think it was them)
I sold the box set a couple of years ago.

I did have a Japanese prono disc also which went for sale

I’m delighted Morrissey picked out World Peace for some special mention. It represents a moment (for me) when being a Morrissey fan became easy again. I was running on fumes after Ringleader.

For me it was Years of Refusal. Have always felt that was the low point in his discography. But I agree - World Peace came as a welcome return to form. Was worried that Low in High School suggested World Peace was something of an outlier in his more recent work, as I have never rated that album highly (although I would rate it higher than Years). Thankfully California Son and Dog on a Chain are pure genius.

Links to a Dodwell article entitled:
"“World Peace Is None Of Your Business”— A Reappraisal of Morrissey’s 2014 Album"

Regards,
FWD.

"Forgive someone" "One of Our Own" "Drag the River" all Quality from this period.

It is a poor effort. I concur.😳

I do have that T-shirt somewhere. I also have the poster and the lithograph from recordstore (I think it was them)
I sold the box set a couple of years ago.

I did have a Japanese prono disc also which went for sale
I need to start selling some of my stuff. I buy multiple copies of vitually every release, thinking I’ll sell them one day.
But that day, just never arrives.

An old thread from when it leaked

One from a year after it was released

What I remember about world peace’s reaction was that this was the point in which it seemed like some started to turn against the man. The vegan question was a big deal to some around this time though a lot of the vegan people seem to have left. people thought or claimed to think kick the brides down the isle must be sexist and an insult to women, that the split with harvest was of course morrissey being a diva, banning meat and how people didn’t like what they consider to be world music I guess. I remember skinny going on and on about how morrissey was wishing death on the fictitious bullfight killed by his own choice to get in a ring and kill a bull and how he thought this was a moral wrong

For me it was Years of Refusal. Have always felt that was the low point in his discography. But I agree - World Peace came as a welcome return to form. Was worried that Low in High School suggested World Peace was something of an outlier in his more recent work, as I have never rated that album highly (although I would rate it higher than Years). Thankfully California Son and Dog on a Chain are pure genius.
Yes, I was a little surprised Dog didn’t get a mention. If Low in High School had come out after Refusal, I’d be wearing a Call the Comet T-Shirt right now. Possibly.

We share similar opinions on those albums

I need to start selling some of my stuff. I buy multiple copies of vitually every release, thinking I’ll sell them one day.
But that day, just never arrives.
Same
Every now and then I have a cull. It’s usually for space reasons to be honest.
I have far too many sealed items which is almost defeats the object
I sold all my Japan releases last year. The time felt right 🤶

Same
Every now and then I have a cull. It’s usually for space reasons to be honest.
I have far too many sealed items which is almost defeats the object
I sold all my Japan releases last year. The time felt right 🤶
Having failed to find a way to take my records with me, or convince my kids that Morrissey’s solo work is superior to The Smiths, my selling is well underway. My pink vinyl copy of World Peace is, however, going nowhere.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom