Morrissey Central "YOU’RE THAT STRETCH OF THE BEACH THAT THE TIDE DOESN’T REACH" (July 9, 2021)

Links to a Dodwell article entitled:
"“World Peace Is None Of Your Business”— A Reappraisal of Morrissey’s 2014 Album"

Regards,
FWD.

always liked world peace,one duff track in mountjoy but the rest are very good,i played it for nearly a year and was never bored with it.can anybody tell me why alexa can play just about any morrissey song song yet when i ask her to play staircase or any other WP song she says i cant find that one,is it due to licensing.

The reaction to a song is such an individual experience - I love Mountjoy. Brought a tear to my eye when I first heard it. Maybe it's an Irish thing?

The reaction to a song is such an individual experience - I love Mountjoy. Brought a tear to my eye when I first heard it. Maybe it's an Irish thing?
I agree, this track is more about the lyrics & meaning than anything else, so it's one which you have to do a bit of analysis to understand & spot the significance. It's so good, but I can see how people dislike it because of the darkness of it all.

Being paid by Morrissey to revaluate bad Morrissey albums for eternity seems like a kind of hell for music journalists

Being paid by Morrissey to revaluate bad Morrissey albums for eternity seems like a kind of hell for music journalists
Indeed. It's just someone's shitty, shitty blog. Nothing official about it all. It's not even journalism. It's some randomer's brainfarts.

Indeed. It's just someone's shitty, shitty blog. Nothing official about it all. It's not even journalism. It's some randomer's brainfarts.
I'm really surprised that someone, with such a high level of self-proclaimed intelligence, stoops so low as to actually read "someone's shitty, shitty blog". It's not the first time you've commented on her work, is it? In fact, you usually race to be the first. Anyone could be excused for thinking you're either jealous, or even obsessed.
Perish the thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be awful having to read things you don't want to. If only there was way to not read things.

Well, I didn't read it. So there's still hope for humankind.

Links to a Dodwell article entitled:
"“World Peace Is None Of Your Business”— A Reappraisal of Morrissey’s 2014 Album"

Regards,
FWD.

A strong album, I definitely go back to this more than LIHS. Istanbul, Neil Cassidy, Earth Is, Staircase were my highlights. Always wondered what the sounds were at the start of I'm Not a man. For some reason reminds me of outer space. 🤔

Richt, Morrissey named his favorite album and here she comes (yawn).
Some people are damn so predictable.

Fiona again, eh.
WP started off rather well in May 14 before the albums actual release. I was terrible bored by it come the following March.
If it was so good as M claims, why does he only play 2 songs from it, and has done since 2016?

skinflint lurking from the shaows as usual,usual tired boring mince.

A strong album, I definitely go back to this more than LIHS. Istanbul, Neil Cassidy, Earth Is, Staircase were my highlights. Always wondered what the sounds were at the start of I'm Not a man. For some reason reminds me of outer space. 🤔
as someone who used to work in a sports centre yonks ago it reminds me of a changing room with the lockers creaking,could be wrong just my tuppence worth.

Does she write about anything besides Morrissey?

Does she write about anything besides Morrissey?

She does! She's got a wee thing for falling or fallen stars so has written about Sia (her film was a scandal), Michael Barrymore (body in pool), Johnny Depp (lost a libel trial) & Marilyn Manson (abuse allegations). Mostly I think she writes about horror films & books.

The album's a big favourite of mine (dlx version), & I'm always surprised at the negativity which some people bestow upon it. Clean your ears out & listen, please!
Coincidentally, I was listening to this last night & played it through twice. It is a truly brilliant album without any doubt. I'm even starting to like 'Neal Cassady', which I'd recently condemned as being a complete mess of a track...what a difference a week makes.
Good article from Fifi. :thumb: The nit-pickers clearly have impeccable writing standards beyond reproach. :rolleyes: Oh well.
totally right,it wasnt slated on here at the time,it was met with very good reactions,in-fact i seem to remember skinflint liking istanbul,then again i might have dreamt that.would love to go back and read the haters comments at the time,bet they were gushing.

Last edited:
totally right,it wasnt slated on here at the time,it was met with very good reactions,in-fact i seem to remember skinflint liking istanbul,then again i might have dreamt that.would love to back and read the haters comments at the time,bet they were gushing.
I thought skinny would have liked, & associated mostly with, 'I'm not a man'...

I've got to the stage with Dodwell now where I'm starting to enjoy reading her articles, just to see how poorly they're written. And this one doesn't disappoint:

As the opening track fades away, we take a journey with Morrissey through 11 further songs, each with their own earned place amongst the album.

My god that's bad writing. And then she can't even be bothered to spell Cassady right...
She should be relegated to my
Thread....

Even I could teach her a thing or two🤣🤣

You rate it a lot higher than I would.

1. WPINOYB 1/10
2. Neal C 3/10
3. Man 3/10
4. Istanbul 3/10
5. Earth 2/10
6. Staircase 8/10
7. Bullfighter 2/10
8. Kiss me 2/10