York - York Barbican (June 25, 2011) post-show

Punk? Your such an asshole. I'm sorry but I just didn't want you arm in my ribs but if you wanted an excuse to try an feel me up that your problem

If you're such a lightweight then stand at the back with the other sourpusses. It's rock n roll not a Mozart recital for heavens sake! Chill out.

Just got back home......Overall a good gig but in my opinion the crowd was quite flat - apart from the front rows of course. Morrissey clearly feeds off his crowd and visa versa and once that "balance" (for whatever magical reason) happens to happen on the night, it's always a great gig.

My personal highlights were:

Satellite of Love; Morrissey really does this song well, his voice sounds good and he adds his own personal touch to this Lou Reed classic.

Paris; One of the many "failed" singles. I know many people don't like it but I think it's a real heartfelt "crooner" song. Beautiful.

Meat: Great to hear this song live again! It was a powerful rendition and worked really well with the animal cruelty slaughterhouse projection and blood red lighting.

I know everyone has their own personal Morrissey favourite songs; I was actually thinking about this today! Last night a friend asked me about my thoughts on "Years of Refusal" and I found it difficult to answer that question. YOR has it's good bits and not-so-good bits. People should remember Morrissey has been in this business and making records for 30 odd years; it is humanely impossible to deliver another perfect new record time after time - an album that would always guarantee to exceed/out-do the success of the previous one!

People like different songs & albums for personal reasons; what were you doing at the time when Arsenal/Quarry/YOR came out? Who were you with? Was that a good period in your life? What other music were you listening at the time? What age were you, etc.

Believe you me; in the end of the day "pop music" and Morrissey are a reflection of your very self!

Thoughts?

Wasn't at this one, but did make some of the earlier gigs. Nice to see he has split up the block of three new songs. Although I knew them, and each DO sound better and better, three in a row was a bit much.

Wonder what happened to Boy Racer and Playboys?

Wasn't at this one, but did make some of the earlier gigs. Nice to see he has split up the block of three new songs. Although I knew them, and each DO sound better and better, three in a row was a bit much.

Wonder what happened to Boy Racer and Playboys?

Morrissey tends to play one or two surprise songs at the beginning of the tour and drops them from the setlist.

I bet he won't play Boy Racer and Playboys rest of the tour.

Morrissey tends to play one or two surprise songs at the beginning of the tour and drops them from the setlist.

I bet he won't play Boy Racer and Playboys rest of the tour.

I bet he gets off on it too. What a cocktease!

The gig was amazing! I was in the second row back and got really really squashed but it was worth it :)

Chloe Sevigny? Wonderfull woman.

I always thought she had a natural sexy walk until I heard that she suffers from Scoliosis which turns the spine into a C or an S shaped spine. So the "sexy" walk was just the sign of a freak!

Had a really good time at York last night. Went with my wife, my cousin and his wife - it was her first gig and she is a convert, especially to how good he looks!!!

Last night was up there with the best, great fun and really friendly people. It was nice to meet Irregular Regular before the show and chat with people before and after. Moz was in fine form, he said a few bits during the first half of the show and was in the middle of talking to Julia when someone shouted out something along the lines of "Please get a record deal Moz" to which he reacted with: "I will, when you offer me one!" All the songs were great and worked well, the new ones were good but I'm pleased that the new ones have been spread throughout the set.

Meat is Murder was terrific and the instrumental at the end was awesome, I love the way his band work a powerful, extended ending into at least one of the songs. Irish blood, Alma Matters and There is a light were real highlights and Speedway was also ace. I must say (as a southerner) that there is something about a northern crowd which is terrific; there is always a great atmosphere in my experience. This was up there with the Manchester shows for his 50th and my first one at Ally Pally in 92.

A great evening, all in all.

I really hope that the setlist stays the same for tomorrow in Bradford, sounds awsome!:thumb:

The York gig was awesome and I've seen some Morrissey gigs in my time. He seemed really relaxed compared to the Glastonbury performance. Alma Matters was amazing and Speedway. Great set list. I was 2nd row from front standing and it rocked, got the scars to prove it. I'm still reeling that the great man played my home town!

The gig was one of the best I've seen. I was pleasantly surprised by how clear and strong his vocals were. As many have said, Meat is Murder had people standing there speechless. Very visually arresting and the sound of the band toward the end is stellar.

I am a crazy Chloe Sevigny fan and unashamedly asked to have my photo taken with her. She was friendly and obliged. She is my favourite sister wife.

I was right next to the fight on the floor and it was intense yet brief. Someone had blood streaming down their face during There is a light.... it was strangely fitting.

Paris was a musical highlight and the crowd was surprisingly into it. It is seemingly becoming a crowd favourite. I never thought of it as particularly strong but the masses have other plans for it. Ouija Board got a really strong reaction as well. The new tracks sounded a million times better than the radio session (thank f***).

Next stop for me is Hop Farm.

Paris was a musical highlight and the crowd was surprisingly into it. It is seemingly becoming a crowd favourite.

Paris used to be one of my favourites. And so used to be In The Future When All is Well and Roy's Keen (on face value) and Ask and How Soon is Now. In the process the joy of all of them was ruined.

I always thought she had a natural sexy walk until I heard that she suffers from Scoliosis which turns the spine into a C or an S shaped spine. So the "sexy" walk was just the sign of a freak!

Nice attitude you've got there. Prick.

Interesting threads in here:
1. I was there with my friend who's not a freak but has scoliosis (but isn't called Chloe) and doesn't have a choice but to sit through gigs. Don't assume everyone who's sitting down isn't having as good a time as you.
2. My tenth and I agree that it was easily up there with Manchester 50th birthday gig - this time I think because it was a showcase instead of having an album to tour. And personally I think the only weak song in the whole set was Alma Matters. But then I've never liked puns which almost, but not quite, work.

Interesting threads in here:
1. I was there with my friend who's not a freak but has scoliosis (but isn't called Chloe) and doesn't have a choice but to sit through gigs. Don't assume everyone who's sitting down isn't having as good a time as you.

Well said. Some people are ignorant arseholes.

Just got back home......Overall a good gig but in my opinion the crowd was quite flat - apart from the front rows of course. Morrissey clearly feeds off his crowd and visa versa and once that "balance" (for whatever magical reason) happens to happen on the night, it's always a great gig.

My personal highlights were:

Satellite of Love; Morrissey really does this song well, his voice sounds good and he adds his own personal touch to this Lou Reed classic.

Paris; One of the many "failed" singles. I know many people don't like it but I think it's a real heartfelt "crooner" song. Beautiful.

Meat: Great to hear this song live again! It was a powerful rendition and worked really well with the animal cruelty slaughterhouse projection and blood red lighting.

I know everyone has their own personal Morrissey favourite songs; I was actually thinking about this today! Last night a friend asked me about my thoughts on "Years of Refusal" and I found it difficult to answer that question. YOR has it's good bits and not-so-good bits. People should remember Morrissey has been in this business and making records for 30 odd years; it is humanely impossible to deliver another perfect new record time after time - an album that would always guarantee to exceed/out-do the success of the previous one!

People like different songs & albums for personal reasons; what were you doing at the time when Arsenal/Quarry/YOR came out? Who were you with? Was that a good period in your life? What other music were you listening at the time? What age were you, etc.

Believe you me; in the end of the day "pop music" and Morrissey are a reflection of your very self!

Thoughts?

I have thoughts. I am in love with Action Is My Middle Name, but then I just can’t get this song away from my brain, my heart, the computer. I relate to a lot of the concepts that you set forth, however I eject some of the analyses that you mentioned. However, that’s ok, because I do not think that everybody agrees with every single, solitary, literal, or not literal thing that Morrissey says or does, except me. Me, me, me, me, me, me, me. Directly or indirectly.
See I get a lot of what you are saying, but then I’ll tell you now I do agree and not agree with regarding what you mentioned.

But before I do that, I just would like to say that I listened to Looker over and over, on yesterday’s gig. Lalalalalalalalalalalala. I love that Morrissey utilized the word dense, it just so adds to the suspense. The song is number three to me, in order my three new favorites are Action, People and then last but never least, Looker. By the way I don’t agree with you about your thoughts about Paris. Because Paris happens to be one of my ultimate favorite Morrissey songs. It is so beautiful and inspirational and I could listen to it fifty two thousand times a day. OK.

And what you mentioned, you said that it is impossible for Morrissey to “deliver” another perfect album. I cannot agree with you on your opinion reflecting this matter. Because, Morrissey did in fact release another perfect album, CD, etc. I just wish I knew the title of this. However upon the fact that I am absolutely in love with Action. I think this is a reflection that this new “album” about to come, I think it is even going to top YOR, no question. And I would also like to add that Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross is disgusting.

Now onto what you said about YOR. I have to tell you in my opinion, I have to tell you this … YOR has ALL good “bits”. That’s what you call it, isn’t it? And as you expressed, but then regarding YOR. It is perfect and I love it.

I would also like to say if I may, I am happy that most of ya all had fun at yesterday’s concert. And that is to you “true” fans, disciples, apostles, supporters, etc. (obviously). Judging by what you things have written -- you had the time of your life. And I understand it. Because the times, best times of my life were like what some of you on here expressed. Although like this other poster suggests, everyone’s experiences are different. Like each and every Morrissey concert that I attend, that I got to go to. Each concert, gig, I had unique, special, monumental feelings.

And most importantly, I am so happy to know that Morrissey, My Baby is better. He should drink Iced Tea with green tea in it like in the cans, it comes in cans. Arizona, is one of the brand that I like. The green ones work well, or the plastic bottles that say Ginseng with honey in the ingredients. This tea helps not just dehydration, but then it also helps with exhaustion. It will give you that jolt, even though sometimes it takes around an hour. Especially because being in Morrissey’s world is like being in a cult (sort of, maybe). Sounds crazy, but then if you think I’m crazy, I don‘t give a F*** but what, so what, so who cares. But then, the iced tea, it gives you a source of energy and helps you to feel stronger and give you more inspiration. Even if you are hung over. And well, for when I was dehydrated (which is three quarters of my life), so that’s why Morrissey, Morrissey’s staff brought me numerous bottles of Poland Spring water in Boca.

Words cannot express how I feel when I watch Morrissey performing Action at Glastonbury. I wish words could be utilized because he needs to know what types of feelings Morrissey stirs up. The help, support, and happiness that Morrissey’s hard work produces for the true fans, supporters. And Oh My God, his expressions and where his hand leads from his hand on his pants!

I am delighted to see all of Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross’ haters. It is good to see the real deal on here. Not just the imitators. I read all the bashers comments on here yesterday telling how it really is. And this is what I needed. I think that Morrissey would be proud of you all too. Directed to all the fans who think Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross is despicable. Let’s just face it, he is.

Anyway, even though Looker is my third favorite, it IS somewhat better. My bf says in like all of my messages and letters, “until the next one”. He really is talking about my messages on Action though.

I’m sorry to hear about that fight and I am sorry to that man’s wife. She did not deserve that. I have been to a gig in NYC, General Admission and some guys and girls in foreign accents wouldn’t let me get in front of them for like even 2 seconds and I’ll never forget that. Because I always let people in front of me if they ask politely and I even asked them nicely “can I get in front of you for a minute?” And two rude idiots said ”No.” So a fight could have happened I guess. And I guess I can relate to the feelings you expressed. And to that man, I hope your wife is alright and feeling better.

Anyways Morrissey is my middle name.
I just wish I was the one going on that date.
You are my possession.

All my love

Kate2828

I have thoughts. I am in love with Action Is My Middle Name, but then I just can’t get this song away from my brain, my heart, the computer. I relate to a lot of the concepts that you set forth, however I eject some of the analyses that you mentioned. However, that’s ok, because I do not think that everybody agrees with every single, solitary, literal, or not literal thing that Morrissey says or does, except me. Me, me, me, me, me, me, me. Directly or indirectly.
See I get a lot of what you are saying, but then I’ll tell you now I do agree and not agree with regarding what you mentioned.

But before I do that, I just would like to say that I listened to Looker over and over, on yesterday’s gig. Lalalalalalalalalalalala. I love that Morrissey utilized the word dense, it just so adds to the suspense. The song is number three to me, in order my three new favorites are Action, People and then last but never least, Looker. By the way I don’t agree with you about your thoughts about Paris. Because Paris happens to be one of my ultimate favorite Morrissey songs. It is so beautiful and inspirational and I could listen to it fifty two thousand times a day. OK.

And what you mentioned, you said that it is impossible for Morrissey to “deliver” another perfect album. I cannot agree with you on your opinion reflecting this matter. Because, Morrissey did in fact release another perfect album, CD, etc. I just wish I knew the title of this. However upon the fact that I am absolutely in love with Action. I think this is a reflection that this new “album” about to come, I think it is even going to top YOR, no question. And I would also like to add that Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross is disgusting.

Now onto what you said about YOR. I have to tell you in my opinion, I have to tell you this … YOR has ALL good “bits”. That’s what you call it, isn’t it? And as you expressed, but then regarding YOR. It is perfect and I love it.

I would also like to say if I may, I am happy that most of ya all had fun at yesterday’s concert. And that is to you “true” fans, disciples, apostles, supporters, etc. (obviously). Judging by what you things have written -- you had the time of your life. And I understand it. Because the times, best times of my life were like what some of you on here expressed. Although like this other poster suggests, everyone’s experiences are different. Like each and every Morrissey concert that I attend, that I got to go to. Each concert, gig, I had unique, special, monumental feelings.

And most importantly, I am so happy to know that Morrissey, My Baby is better. He should drink Iced Tea with green tea in it like in the cans, it comes in cans. Arizona, is one of the brand that I like. The green ones work well, or the plastic bottles that say Ginseng with honey in the ingredients. This tea helps not just dehydration, but then it also helps with exhaustion. It will give you that jolt, even though sometimes it takes around an hour. Especially because being in Morrissey’s world is like being in a cult (sort of, maybe). Sounds crazy, but then if you think I’m crazy, I don‘t give a F*** but what, so what, so who cares. But then, the iced tea, it gives you a source of energy and helps you to feel stronger and give you more inspiration. Even if you are hung over. And well, for when I was dehydrated (which is three quarters of my life), so that’s why Morrissey, Morrissey’s staff brought me numerous bottles of Poland Spring water in Boca.

Words cannot express how I feel when I watch Morrissey performing Action at Glastonbury. I wish words could be utilized because he needs to know what types of feelings Morrissey stirs up. The help, support, and happiness that Morrissey’s hard work produces for the true fans, supporters. And Oh My God, his expressions and where his hand leads from his hand on his pants!

I am delighted to see all of Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross’ haters. It is good to see the real deal on here. Not just the imitators. I read all the bashers comments on here yesterday telling how it really is. And this is what I needed. I think that Morrissey would be proud of you all too. Directed to all the fans who think Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross is despicable. Let’s just face it, he is.

Anyway, even though Looker is my third favorite, it IS somewhat better. My bf says in like all of my messages and letters, “until the next one”. He really is talking about my messages on Action though.

I’m sorry to hear about that fight and I am sorry to that man’s wife. She did not deserve that. I have been to a gig in NYC, General Admission and some guys and girls in foreign accents wouldn’t let me get in front of them for like even 2 seconds and I’ll never forget that. Because I always let people in front of me if they ask politely and I even asked them nicely “can I get in front of you for a minute?” And two rude idiots said ”No.” So a fight could have happened I guess. And I guess I can relate to the feelings you expressed. And to that man, I hope your wife is alright and feeling better.

Anyways Morrissey is my middle name.
I just wish I was the one going on that date.
You are my possession.

All my love

Kate2828

My thoughts exactly.

Troll

Chloe Sevigny is a freak
*jumping up and down like Jedward singing*

"She’s got her lipstick on
Here I come, da da dum
She’s got her lipstick on
Hit and run, then I’m gone
I'll Check my collar, collar, hey, hey, ey