YOR vs The Bends vs The Stone Roses vs Aeroplane Over The Sea

I couldn't possibly comment.

Perhaps not. But I can. I notice they've all gone. My conclusion? Since you've eaten them all, it's very unlikely you found time to comment on them.

I hope there are some brandy snaps left. Or you're ruined. Ruined.

Perhaps not. But I can. I notice they've all gone. My conclusion? Since you've eaten them all, it's very unlikely you found time to comment on them.

I hope there are some brandy snaps left. Or you're ruined. Ruined.

Oh I am already ruined. I am already dead.

My top ten songs from the listed four albums

1 Mama Lay Softly
2 Planet Telex
3 Something is Squeezing
4 The King of Carrot Flowers 2/3
5 Nice Dream
6 Good in Your Time
7 I Wanna Be Adored
8 It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
9 Sugar-Spun Sister
10 Aeroplane Over The Sea

Aeroplane Over The Sea was quite amazing. I am in love with that album, The Mountain Goats did a cover of Two Headed Boy, and said that there were people out there living and dying with that song, and I am one of them. I just can't get over how beautiful the composition was, and how all the songs tied together, and flowed so beautifully, I just cry whenever I listen to it.

Aeroplane Over The Sea was quite amazing. I am in love with that album, The Mountain Goats did a cover of Two Headed Boy, and said that there were people out there living and dying with that song, and I am one of them. I just can't get over how beautiful the composition was, and how all the songs tied together, and flowed so beautifully, I just cry whenever I listen to it.

It's the perfect pop album from sleeve to final track. To compare YOR to such an album is great praise indeed.

What separates it from so many other outstanding records is - as you say - how the songs flow together. The tracklisting is perfect and every gently-conceived idea works wonderfully: the sound of him walking away as the album closes; the way the songs coalesce; the ebb and flow of energy throughout the album. Even the fact one song is repeated seems entirely natural and inspired. I do love it. It's a shame I lost it when I moved!

I also love the underlying Anne Frank story going on, you should look into it, it's very interesting.

Tags
belief bored gildenstern rosenkrantz two idiots
Back
Top Bottom