YOR vs The Bends vs The Stone Roses vs Aeroplane Over The Sea

I been frinking alot, just to try and stop the people who have decided to use the thread to argue and bitch instead of posting pictures:crazy:

your quite modest too.

I don't even know what frinking is??? :confused:

John Squire knows. He can play Byrdsian stuff, psychedelia, Page-esque blues riffs, a pale imitation of Hendrix - or even pass himself off as a noodling Eric Clapton clone.

I want Morrissey to sign him up from Cheshire Athletic on a free transfer.

The Smiths and The Roses are the only great Manchester bands.

I quite liked the Mondays, New Order, The Charlatans and Joy Division though.

I don't even know what frinking is??? :confused:

Its the thread on general discussion, Its for wonderful pictures of Morrissey.
(as Morrissey's very handsome, I think it's a word for that)

Ian brown's singing I want to be adored and Fool's Gold brought the house down, as for John Squire, I admire how he's turn his back on music to work as an artist (I believe he was an artist originally, if my memory serves me well, he helped to draw Dangermouse:D ) It's also agreat loss as he wrote some brilliant music.

Didn't Lou Reed give it up to and become a secretary? maybe John wanted a normal life (good for him)

1. The Smiths (by a huge margin)
2. Oasis (sentimental reasons)
3. The Stone Roses
4. The Charlatans (nearly joint 3nd)
5. Happy Mondays (a big gap away from the top 4)

Are none of you saying Take That? I hate New Order!

I've always imagined Squire would be a good foil for Morrissey. Both are quite unusual, artistic types from Manchester. Both take sleeve art very seriously. Both played in seminal bands before falling out with their song-writing partners. The only problem would be a collision of enormous egos. Having said that, most 'great' pop writers and performers have big ones. So that problem is unavoidable, really.

I saw Black Grape two or three times live and they were very good in 1995ish. Their music hasn't aged very well though. Oddly, it sounds less cutting edge than the Mondays.

Last edited:
Tags
belief bored gildenstern rosenkrantz two idiots
Back
Top Bottom