YOR song endings

So many of the songs have the same style ending where the song is moving a long fast.. Morrissey sings the last line as the song slows and stops.

That is probably my biggest criticism of the album.

Yes, I agree. It's quite annoying. The songs sound half-written. It's like everyone got bored half-way through the songs and they said, "Okay, well, that's not working very well, so let's just finish that and move on to the next one." Sigh.

I was REALLY hoping that he'd finish "Paris" and "Farewell" for the album, but that was a futile hope.

That's 1/3 of the songs... and yes, this needed it's own thread. Everything should have it's own thread. One for favourite song. One to rank the album. One to talk about what the singles should be. One to talk about the way the vocals end.

We also need a new thread about the drummers.
We need a thread to ask which Finn was better on, Quarry or Refusal.
Do you still think Morrissey is gay?
Do you still think Morrissey is not gay?
How much would you pay to hear Johnny Marr play all of Kill Uncle with his son on vocals?
Have you changed your stance on eating animals?
What is your dream setlist for the new tour?
What is your predicted setlist for the new tour?

So much to do!

I agree that this needs it's own thread, though I haven't actually heard 'the' album yet so can't comment on what you've chosen a topic of discussion on.

As for the work to be done: :D :D :D can't wait. :p

Why on earth would you expect guitar solos and no slow vocals on a Morrissey album? :confused: I think you're looking for another artist.

I know what you are saying but in the case of Black Cloud it wasn't us that invited Jeff Beck to play on the song. If he's going to appear surely you have to let him do his thing and when the song is building and everyone is thinking "Right, this is now going to be handed over to Jeff Beck" why stop the flaming song!!

I want the album with all the other bits in PLEEEEASE. Hopefully there will be a directors cut version soon.

I know what you are saying but in the case of Black Cloud it wasn't us that invited Jeff Beck to play on the song. If he's going to appear surely you have to let him do his thing and when the song is building and everyone is thinking "Right, this is now going to be handed over to Jeff Beck" why stop the flaming song!!

I want the album with all the other bits in PLEEEEASE. Hopefully there will be a directors cut version soon.

No, not really. Jeff Beck agreed to work on a Morrissey album, not some classic rock shite.

So many of the songs have the same style ending where the song is moving a long fast.. Morrissey sings the last line as the song slows and stops.

That is probably my biggest criticism of the album.

Well, I think this is exactly what gives the album its great sense of cohesion and character. In fact, the only song to fade out, as if making a point, is the final track - so it's all clearly deliberate...

Yeah, I agree, most of the songs end before they have developed fully. But well, the main annoyance must be You were good in your time. It feels as if it could be one of the most beautiful Moz-songs then it just ends when it is about to get really good. Lost potential.

That's funny! :D

Honestly, for the life of me I can't believe you were able to look that up so fast!
I'm impressed :guitar::guitar:...

btw, I didn't mean that he didn't lovvvve you, I just meant he was the opposite of you because he made a new thread similar to the other ones!

I'm sure she has it bookmarked ;)

I know I do!

Back
Top Bottom