Yor promo cd

Advance discs to select people/media were sent out ages ago, hence the leak. This is just me guessing but I assume both Universal and Lost Highway did this.

isnt that a bit unusual :crazy:

That is very unusual, must pop up at some stage. I was so looking forward to it...
Cheers Moz

Or Press Kit with PROMO CD
322e_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YEARS-OF-REFU...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318
Dave

Wow - it went for $68!!! I was put off by the $42.50 postage costs :(

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow - it went for $68!!! I was put off by the $42.50 postage costs :(

I am guessing that the additon of posters and stickers made this collectable whether official promo or not.

btw I'm confused :confused: (nothing unusual there!) Why does the American CD have the 'Attack' logo on the back? Our UK ones dont, is this only put on US releases? Thanks

Technically, there is a YOR US promo. It's the I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris by Lost Highway.

That was released to promote Years of Refusal, not the I'm Throwing My Arms single.

2009_pariscd_uspromo_1.jpg
2009_pariscd_uspromo_3.jpg

On EBAY UK there is a FULL ALBUM PROMO CD , released by POLYDOR.
To me, it looks a genuine "official" promo.
Cheers Moz

On EBAY UK there is a FULL ALBUM PROMO CD , released by POLYDOR.
To me, it looks a genuine "official" promo.
Cheers Moz

Post some pictures please mate? On me break at work, but can't go on eBay for obvious reasons.

Still there on e bay , now it has reached 67 pounds sterling....
Let's how far it can go.
Cheers Moz

Apparently polydor know nothing about that cd:swear:

That's interesting.
A quick look through their other sales - both current and completed - show an awful lot of promo cds which are plain CDs with black text and simple text only inserts.

Whilst I accept that some promo CDs are like that not that many surely.

I'm no expert, but why would Elbow release the album Seldom Seen Kid with a plain CD http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELBOW-THE-SEL...rms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318#ebayphotohosting
!BNGg)jg!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBJo!64CdKg~~_2.JPG

but the single Grounds for Divorce is full colour (from a different seller)
a572_2.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELBOW-THE-BON...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318

Tread cautiously...

Dave

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Exactly my thoughts...

Why would anyone be willing to pay best part of £100 for what appears to be a home made CDr?

I reckon I could put together one of those if I put my mind to it.

There is minimalist and minimalist when it comes to promos, you decide!

I'm with you on this one Dave. The different record companies Polydor, Sony/BMG, Roadrunner.....all on identical formats would make me concerned these were not legit although I know it can be a murky area. The guy has been an ebay member since 2003 but only been selling in the last year.....maybe he got a new printer?

Back
Top Bottom