yet another fake on ebay ! !

mrmorrissey1

COLLECTOR
hello everyone , well after spending all weekend hanging out with Andy Rourke i decided to show him this ebay link for a guitar that is for sale on ebay with Johnny's and his signature, and he said that it is definately a fake! he said he did not sign it and he laughed. the other thing that made him laugh is the sellers story about them signing it after a show, what show?
check it out for yourself, cheers!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120340836782

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Whilst it is cool that you've just spent time with one of your heroes; I wouldn't trust Andy Rourke's memory when it comes to this sort of thing - I doubt he can remember turning up to most Smiths' gigs, let alone whether he was doorstepped outside for an autograph. The seller doesn't claim that the guitar belonged to either Johnny or Andy - just that they signed it - doesn't even claim that they signed it together.

The seller has some very good feedback - the only negative one I could see said that their item was broken when it arrived - no one was questioning whether they'd just bought a fake.

Having said that, I assume that most signed stuff on ebay is fake so I don't bother.

Dave

if it is genuine, the guy probably just brought the pick guard to be signed. not the whole guitar.
standard procedure.

hello again, well yes it probably is true about him maybe not remembering if he signed that certain item but he obviously knows what johnny's signature looks like and of course he knows his, and when he says the signature is not right and both signatures are in the same color marker so that made him more doubtful about it. well thats ebay for you , im sure there will be some poor soul who will fall for it. cheers!

hello everyone , well after spending all weekend hanging out with Andy Rourke i decided to show him this ebay link for a guitar that is for sale on ebay with Johnny's and his signature, and he said that it is definately a fake! he said he did not sign it and he laughed. the other thing that made him laugh is the sellers story about them signing it after a show, what show?
check it out for yourself, cheers!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120340836782

how did rourke sign his name under the strings?sounds like a dodgy snide to me,some mug will buy it,if it makes them happy:blushing:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yeah the old smack doesnt help the memory
smile.gif

LOL...if that ain't the truth!

I don't get why anyone would want a signed item from an artist that didn't sign it for them... :crazy:

Unless it's signed in my presence and for me, it has no real significance.

Back
Top Bottom