Morrissey Central "Yes, I Am Blind" (February 3, 2020)

The tune was from a batch of demos that former Smiths bassist Andy Rourke had supplied Morrissey in the spring of 1989, sharing an autumnal melody and plodding tempo with Gilbert O’Sullivan’s 1970 hit ‘NOTHING RHYMED’; it therefore seems more than coincidence that Morrissey should cover the latter in 2002. It was unfortunate that Rourke himself never played on the record, undoubtedly the best of his three Morrissey co-writes. Instead, session bassist Matthew Seligman and guitarist Kevin ARMSTRONG faithfully copied the arrangement of Rourke’s original cassette. The song’s recording was particularly significant in establishing Morrissey’s relationship with new producers Clive LANGER and Alan Winstanley. Initially unhappy with their work on ‘Ouija Board’, the singer was considering aborting the session until he heard their foundations for ‘Yes, I Am Blind’ and changed his mind; hearing its lyrical metaphor of ‘little lamb’, Langer and Winstanley would humorously refer to it thereafter as ‘the one about the sheep’.

Regards,
FWD.
WOW, that’s every one put in their place then . Without you we are nothing... I won’t start with the VIVA shit just yet....

"The usual trolls"? That's rich coming from you.
I think it means people like me... defenders of the faith... he’s trying to turn the coin around , turn the tables ECT . You get my drift stompy... he’s just litter on the street,

Remember this was a point-to-point structural rip-off of Gilbert O'Sullivan's 'Nothing Rhymed'.

But something rhymed - the title.

Fully expect the usual trolls to vote this down. But they will have to concede - I am right. And that's why it made it into the Mozipedia.

I wasn't aware of it but I looked it up and there's indeed a striking similarity. Andy Rourke had a good taste, what else can I say? And he / Moz weren't sued?

I think this is one occasion where Goddard forgot to take off his cloth ears. To me it bears very little resemblance to 'Nothing Rhymed,' not least because that song is a classic and 'Yes, I Am Blind' is not.

The intros are remarkably similar to my ears. In the epic part, yes am blind takes a different direction though.

And was ‘Girl least likely to’ also just a coincidence. Remembering what Alain said in a recent podcast about Moz
suggesting a Ramones type song and Alain coming up with ‘Fatty’. And I’m sure ‘Certain People’ was a coincidence too. :rolleyes:

I think Morrissey sometimes may make suggestions to the writers he is working with because he is looking for a specific mood to fit the words he wants to use, but not all of the time. This is not unusual amongst music collaborators.
RE The bottom half of your post... does morrissey still deal with songs that are presented to him ( like the smiths did) on tape, then he takes it from there??? With his lyrics, then the producer , settles in with the musicians, and moz, then the magic happens,

DUDE will be smiling at this from heaven.
No doubt dude will be behind him at the england gigs ( as I’ve seen dude on other big screens , whilst alive) broken , we all will be smiling when they both return, and the new music... is presented.. I only hope to hear it’s over, alas he could never sing that live, nor attempt to do so... VIVA LEEDS VIVA LONDON AND VIVA GORDYBOY86 AS HE f***ED THE COKE OFF!!!!!!!

Remember this was a point-to-point structural rip-off of Gilbert O'Sullivan's 'Nothing Rhymed'.

Fully expect the usual trolls to vote this down. But they will have to concede - I am right. And that's why it made it into the Mozipedia.
The “usual trolls” are a bunch of daft c***s, amigo.

Nobody who’s yapping about “here” was “there”.

...and NONE of them have even heard of O’Sullivan, so don’t waste your breathe. Save it for the belly laugh that’ll soon come. ;)

No doubt dude will be behind him at the england gigs ( as I’ve seen dude on other big screens , whilst alive) broken , we all will be smiling when they both return, and the new music... is presented.. I only hope to hear it’s over, alas he could never sing that live, nor attempt to do so... VIVA LEEDS VIVA LONDON AND VIVA GORDYBOY86 AS HE f***ED THE COKE OFF!!!!!!!

^AGAIN with this shit-stain clown. He’s like a ball-washer at a low-rent bowling tournament.

In death, as in life - Morrissey’s cat will NOT be with him.

Morrissey paid someone to feed and care for his cat throughout most of its entire existence. He ordered the lackey to feed it a vegan diet, which directly led to its early death. He’s a f***ing absentee murderer.

Morrissey wasn’t anywhere around when poor Dude was malnourished and dying either, was he? He was paying someone like Hovis, Gordo or K-Hole to do his bidding. Someone who’d just follow the instructions.

A carnivore, murdered via force-fed vegan diet. ...and then the errant Kerrygold Dude must have come across. We all know Moz has a penchant for vodka and cheese. It’s likely the poor cat was downed by a heart-attack.

The same person who tended to the cat, while Morrissey was away, was likely responsible for the burning of its carcass, after SER took the photos for the merch.

Morrissey didn’t have a f***ing thing to do with any part of that animals life beyond post-death capitalization.

Quit spouting like a stuck-pig in a goof-hole.

Fak Arf!

RE The bottom half of uyour post... does morrissey still deal with songs that are presented to him ( like the smiths did) on tape, then he takes it from there??? With his lyrics, then the producer , settles in with the musicians, and moz, then the magic happens,

Moz IS the MAGICK and ALWAYS will BE the MAGICK !

capiche?

:p

Top tracks to listen to now..... by carlislebaz..... track 1 by benny and the bastards.... i used to suck morrisseys cock... but I don’t like it any more.... track 2 for all the annons... the more I ignore you, the worse you become.... track3 we hate it when morrissey is successful .. track 4 every day is just like another morrissey day..... track5 .. little benny what now.... to luji..... some girls are bigger than others... JA JA. Has morrissey played in your home town luji...... no no no

^AGAIN with this shit-stain clown. He’s like a ball-washer at a low-rent bowling tournament.

In death, as in life - Morrissey’s cat will NOT be with him.

Morrissey paid someone to feed and care for his cat throughout most of its entire existence. He ordered the lackey to feed it a vegan diet, which directly led to its early death. He’s a f***ing absentee murderer.

Morrissey wasn’t anywhere around when poor Dude was malnourished and dying either, was he? He was paying someone like Hovis, Gordo or K-Hole to do his bidding. Someone who’d just follow the instructions.

A carnivore, murdered via force-fed vegan diet. ...and then the errant Kerrygold Dude must have come across. We all know Moz has a penchant for vodka and cheese. It’s likely the poor cat was downed by a heart-attack.

The same person who tended to the cat, while Morrissey was away, was likely responsible for the burning of its carcass, after SER took the photos for the merch.

Morrissey didn’t have a f***ing thing to do with any part of that animals life beyond post-death capitalization.

Quit spouting like a stuck-pig in a goof-hole.

Fak Arf!
Hello again Fak Arf... did morrissey really kill his cat....shit... I’ve never thought for one minute that morrissey would kill his own cat.... this breaking news has destroyed everything that I love about him.... I have now stopped being a morrissey fan, all because of this startling “ grab line” and it’s all because of your sheldon cooper inadequacy to grasp humility at any price.... you are without doubt an intelligent human that has been starved of beauty, comfort, and void of any warmth whatsoever...... good night n Fak Arf yer sell........

Who cares? You think this is breaking news? "Morrissey stole something! I am done!" You're an old bitch and some old bitches are entertaining but you're just dull.
"You have to concede - I am right." :crazy: Get help.

The tune was from a batch of demos that former Smiths bassist Andy Rourke had supplied Morrissey in the spring of 1989, sharing an autumnal melody and plodding tempo with Gilbert O’Sullivan’s 1970 hit ‘NOTHING RHYMED’; it therefore seems more than coincidence that Morrissey should cover the latter in 2002. It was unfortunate that Rourke himself never played on the record, undoubtedly the best of his three Morrissey co-writes. Instead, session bassist Matthew Seligman and guitarist Kevin ARMSTRONG faithfully copied the arrangement of Rourke’s original cassette. The song’s recording was particularly significant in establishing Morrissey’s relationship with new producers Clive LANGER and Alan Winstanley. Initially unhappy with their work on ‘Ouija Board’, the singer was considering aborting the session until he heard their foundations for ‘Yes, I Am Blind’ and changed his mind; hearing its lyrical metaphor of ‘little lamb’, Langer and Winstanley would humorously refer to it thereafter as ‘the one about the sheep’.

Regards,
FWD.

Y U SIGN UR POSTS THO?

And was ‘Girl least likely to’ also just a coincidence. Remembering what Alain said in a recent podcast about Moz
suggesting a Ramones type song and Alain coming up with ‘Fatty’. And I’m sure ‘Certain People’ was a coincidence too. :rolleyes:

I think Morrissey sometimes may make suggestions to the writers he is working with because he is looking for a specific mood to fit the words he wants to use, but not all of the time. This is not unusual amongst music collaborators.

Did you read "more than a coincidence" and translate that to "just a coincidence?"
Girl Least Likely To is not a coincidence. You know this, right? It's an homage. "Only To Other People" is "answered," which is another great songwriting tradition, by "The Girl Least Likely To." It's brilliant and shouldn't be denied. The only issue I see is that The Cookies were probably three old ladies who could have used a check by that time, but it's very unlikely they had any publishing anyway.

Who cares? You think this is breaking news? "Morrissey stole something! I am done!" You're an old bitch and some old bitches are entertaining but you're just dull.
"You have to concede - I am right." :crazy: Get help.
No... your wrong... I with glee think I’m the oldest bitch on here??? And maybe, just maybe, be slightly a bit more entertaining than some.... and I’m only 37... f***ing stone....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom