Years of Refusal vs Chinese Democracy?

Izzy Stradlin was the main songwriter in GNR. Slash just added his pyrotechnics on his compositions.

Are you from Oregon? Your Seinfield sig was copied from KPTV channel 12 Portland. I do miss Portland (but not the rain).

Yes, Izzy was very instrumental in writing the music behind GNR; however, I think you'll find the new material is light years from the bluesy-guitar driven rock of the original line up.

Are you from Oregon? Your Seinfield sig was copied from KPTV channel 12 Portland. I do miss Portland (but not the rain).

Yes, Izzy was very instrumental in writing the music behind GNR; however, I think you'll find the new material is light years from the bluesy-guitar driven rock of the original line up.

mspendl828 used to live in Manchester, now in some other part of UK.

Shows you how much I know/care about GnR, but I thought "Chinese Democracy" was out already! :p

You probably already know that Merck Mercuriadis used to be GnR's manager, too. Merck seemed to be a very diplomatic manager who regularly took the fall for what suspiciously appears to be the f***-ups of tempermental divas:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=86721

Interesting parallels between YoR and CD...hopefully the delay for YoR won't be too long. Take it from someone who's been disappointed plenty of times by Morrissey's later releases, based on the songs he's sung live so far, I believe YoR will truly be his best solo release.

Shows you how much I know/care about GnR, but I thought "Chinese Democracy" was out already! :p

You probably already know that Merck Mercuriadis used to be GnR's manager, too. Merck seemed to be a very diplomatic manager who regularly took the fall for what suspiciously appears to be the f***-ups of tempermental divas:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=86721

Interesting parallels between YoR and CD...hopefully the delay for YoR won't be too long. Take it from someone who's been disappointed plenty of times by Morrissey's later releases, based on the songs he's sung live so far, I believe YoR will truly be his best solo release.

Yes, I remember Merck was the manager. I think one reason the album has been delayed has been Axl has tried to self-manage himself since firing Merck in (I believe) December 2006. It didn't work. He now has a couple of high powered players who can hopefully negotiate the release of the record.

Love or hate GNR, I personally would love to see the pendulum swing back to guitar driven rock/pop music. I am sick to death of hip hop (my opinion). :guitar:

I hope Axl doesn't release 4 CD's at once. It sounds like he's trying to play catch up. What he ought to do is offer the very worst songs he's done since the last record, and then put out all the best songs in about 4 months.

Both records would sell huge numbers, and he would drastically lower expectations. The "real" comeback record would seem like an all-time masterpiece.

I thought Axl had died sometime during the '90s. :confused::confused::confused:

The rumors are growing that the long awaited (by some) Guns n' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, will be released this September. The evidence is piling up as GNR have recently given permission for a new song to be used on an upcoming popular video game "Rockband 2" and rumors are swirling that the new GNR will make their return to the rock scene at the September MTV Video Music Awards and subsequently release four albums worth of material.

Now, I wouldn't bet my life savings on the actual release of Chinese Democracy; however, I do wonder if it might not be a bad idea for Moz and Decca to move up the September release date of Years of Refusal? I'd love to see Moz have another #1 album, and it just isn't going to happen against a Guns n' Roses release (whatever your opinion of their music my be).

So, Decca are you watching the marketplace? Are you helping our boy?:confused:

I'm prejudiced against Guns 'n' Roses as when I was a lifeguard some troublemakers at the city pool were all about that band, and they didn't wanna LISTEN when I yelled at them through my bullhorn. They tried to play G 'n' R on their boombox, but boomboxes weren't allowed at the pool. They also liked to do cannonballs off the diving boards, landing dangerously close to the wall in order to splash the guards who told them they weren't allowed to blast G'N'R poolside. (I really didn't wanna enforce this rule (nor the rule against females in skimpy bikinis) but I was ordered to.)

Last edited:
I thought Axl had died sometime during the '90s. :confused::confused::confused:

he did.

this is who came back.

axel-rose.jpg

I am looking forward to Chinese Democracy.

Axl Rose is an anagram of Oral Sex.

End of thread.

Back
Top Bottom