Years Of Refusal - new MOZCORE band

Re: Mozcore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt3dflTjH9o&feature=youtu.be
As discussed before. Hardcore versions of Morrissey songs. This is the first of a long line coming.

First of all, this belongs in Other Music or Off Topic somewhere; it isn't anything that would lead to discussion about Morrissey; or even if it would, that's not your intention, you're just spamming your band and using Morrissey -and this site- as a free ride, and posting it in the thread group that gets the most views.

And on that note, this is horrible. Morrissey is about nothing if he's not about melody. This has none. This music, and I use that term with great elasticity, is an abortion of the pop ideal that Morrissey idolizes and strives for.

And yes you can say, "that's the point," in which case I would say...why. If you're gonna "cover" his music, why even bother when it is so totally divorced from the original blueprint? It's not like the melody is intact or the vocals are even remotely decipherable.

The elder has spoke.

I personally enjoyed it. I don't think there's much respect for smaller genres(not that small)
As a fan of Punk, Hardcore, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, and etc... this seems like a really fun band you got going on.
I know If I asked friends to form a band, we'd most likely end up like this.

That's quite a compliment (I don't know if you intended it to be) as dramatically fools were the ones with inspired wit and insight.

As for the song, only one word comes to mind - abomination.

But you know, whatever floats your boat.

Well it's modern-day hardcore, it's not Siege, Heresy, Cryptic Slaughter or hardcore as I used to listen to, but each to his own. This is what I mean...

P.

Last edited by a moderator:

Didn't mind the sound at all. As for the vocals .......... I don't know why anyone would choose to do that. Would like to hear this version again with less "CRRAAAZZY !" -style vocals ...

Hey folks, my name is Gar. I play in a hardcore punk band called 20 Bulls Each www.facebook.com/20bullseach I have started a new band called YEARS OF REFUSAL. A late 80s/early 90s style hardcore punk band that plays Morrissey covers. We are calling it MOZCORE. We will do one gig a year and thats in. Our first gig ever will be on May 19th in The Thomas House bar in Dublin, Ireland. A bar regularly visited by Boz Boorer and Gary Day when they are in town.

Gig poster:

yorfinal.jpg

Im trying to get word out to those whos musical interests cross both Morrissey and Hardcore. Please click attend and spread the word. Whenever possible we will be butchering a Moz tune and putting it online to give people an idea what the story is!

Thanks a million!

"Something Is Squeezing My Skull" cover video... This is the first of a long line coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
How dare you even call it music, or even hardcore? Everything is wrong and out of rythm. Get a life, start knitting.

i literally laughed when i heard this

Tags
mozcore

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom