Years of Refusal is utterly mediocre

Re: Who dislikes Yor

i think its aces,best in a long time.but as always,different strokes for different folks.
what bugs me though,as the people who constantly compare anything he does to vauxhall and i, that was a long time ago folks.

i think its aces,best in a long time.but as always,different strokes for different folks.
what bugs me though,as the people who constantly compare anything he does to vauxhall and i, that was a long time ago folks.

Well said son. :thumb:

yeah i dont like it.

i've loved everything Morrissey's done but this one blows.

i cant seem to find anything i like about the album. besides Paris the rest is crass

i think that's why people like it. srsly. it's just plain all throughout the album that people confuse this for consistency. they think it's a consistent album coz every song is EXACTLY as bland as the other.

I think it sucks. Majorly.
Yes, I'm sure if I listened to it enough it would eventually grow on me, but that's not much of a compliment to the album is it?

Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall and I were his best albums, and Steven Street, Lillywhite, Alain and Boz were his best collaborators.

I've been waiting patiently for YEARS for something half decent to come along, and all I get is dissapointment after dissapointment. It doesn't look like I'm going to get my wish.

His heart and music belong to Jesse Tobias now.

honestly at first i was dissapointed ,i think i was expecting too much,,but as the weeks have gone on and many listens i think its a cracking album taking him in a different direction slightly than his usual music content,,,i have tried to figure out how i wasnt to keen at yor at first and now really like it,,and my conclusion is IM STUMPED the guy must have some sort of spell on me,,steve,

It's not half bad.

ive found YOR to be like other recent releases, you have to let it grow, today ive started to really enjoy it, i didnt download it, so its been a week in the car, every day, to and from work and school runs and my daughter HATES IT!! sorry kid, only moz in my car!!! lol

I think it's alright. Not bad, not great, just okay, really. Some songs on it I like a lot, others I think are duds. I don't like his current voice as much as his earlier voices - I don't know how else to explain it, there's a very strange quality to it now.

It is not that I do not like it. I think it is quite good. I just do not think it is "great."

I'll be honest, it takes a few listens to digest properly.

Some songs really stand out above others at first listen. I actually took it in small pieces-- I burned a CD with 5 songs-- then another with different songs-- I listened to them seperately over and again until I got to know the songs. Worked for me.

IMO Because of My Poor Education was worth the price of admission. We expect every song to be a gem then are disappointed when they don't meet our expectations. I look at it this way-- one, two, or even three gems are worth it. I'll accept the rest being filler.

I think its ok, i find it abit of a moan though, who else feels same

Then why don't you just post your fairly weak comment on one of the many "I can't stand YOR" threads that already exist? If you going to start a thread that covers ground already done at least put some effort into your writing.

For god's sake Moz is possibly only going to be around in the biz for 5 years and this could quite possibly be his last album. We get it. A few of you don't like it but if you could keep all your moaning to one thread that would be great! :)

Tags
blind worship emma = yoda emma álainn :) emma is suspect emma purrrs emma rules! hitlercat! ilovemma respect the comtesse whaaa whaaa whaaa
Back
Top Bottom