Years of Refusal is utterly brilliant

Re: Gorgeous Morrissey

This actually made me laugh out loud. A comedian in our midst!!! :lbf:

Are you on a singular mission to make everyone dislike this album as much as you do? :confused: Bloody hell; not everyone shares your opinion, and your constant negativity isn't going to change that I'm afraid. You don't like it - I think the message has been well and truly hammered home.

Lets take a different approach to this then.

Where do you believe Years of Refusal could have been improved?

Nah. Don't hear close resemblance anywhere.

I like the way INYBA takes on the "anthemic" pop song of eternal love and twists it into something darker. The "Coldplay" reference mentioned here before...

Also "syrupy sentimental" echoes Crowded House's "sickly sentimental", but I think "syrupy" suits better here. :)

Hi, I'm new here. Be tolerant, I'm french, I live this year in North Carolina in the USA. so I learn but my english is still bad :blushing:

Anyway, I'm here to speak about YoR not about me. I like it....a lot! I've got the album for one week and it's still in my HiFi. i think is one of the best album solo of Morrissey. YoR is very coherent and homogeneous. It is very tense and I like that. I like that the band play very loud and makes Morrissey singing loud too. Maybe the global esthetic is arguable but I don't care, Morrissey as an artist makes his choice and if the emotion is there, it's fine for me. I like that the lyrics are ( maybe) more direct than usually, because the music of the album is more direct, so ....It's difficult for me to say which song I prefer but if I have to choose one...or too:p...I would choose "all you need is me" and "It's not yur birthday anymore"....but il like a lot " When last I spoke to Carol" and...I said it's difficult to choose!

Yesterday I read on the web " les inrockuptibles" which is THE rock magazine in France. They were very big fans of The Smith and of Morrissey after they split but sadly they don't like a all YoR. But, what is more irritating is that they don't speak about the album in their column but only about the physical appearance of Morrissey. They can accept that Moz is more athletic than before and seems happier in life than before. The paper is incredible and made of bad faith and don't speak about music....it's a pity ( and very funny on the other hand).

If some of you read the french:

http://www.lesinrocks.com/musique/musique-article/article/years-of-refusal/

I'm going to see Morrissey for the first time of my life next week, the 03/11....I look forward to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand!!!!!!!!!! I bought the cheapest tickets ( it's the financial crisis you know!), I'm going te be on the third balcony, I think that Morrissey will be tall like a ant....So I hope the sound will be good.

Hi, I'm new here. Be tolerant, I'm french, I live this year in North Carolina in the USA. so I learn but my english is still bad :blushing:

Anyway, I'm here to speak about YoR not about me. I like it....a lot! I've got the album for one week and it's still in my HiFi. i think is one of the best album solo of Morrissey. YoR is very coherent and homogeneous. It is very tense and I like that. I like that the band play very loud and makes Morrissey singing loud too. Maybe the global esthetic is arguable but I don't care, Morrissey as an artist makes his choice and if the emotion is there, it's fine for me. I like that the lyrics are ( maybe) more direct than usually, because the music of the album is more direct, so ....It's difficult for me to say which song I prefer but if I have to choose one...or too:p...I would choose "all you need is me" and "It's not yur birthday anymore"....but il like a lot " When last I spoke to Carol" and...I said it's difficult to choose!

Yesterday I read on the web " les inrockuptibles" which is THE rock magazine in France. They were very big fans of The Smith and of Morrissey after they split but sadly they don't like a all YoR. But, what is more irritating is that they don't speak about the album in their column but only about the physical appearance of Morrissey. They can accept that Moz is more athletic than before and seems happier in life than before. The paper is incredible and made of bad faith and don't speak about music....it's a pity ( and very funny on the other hand).

If some of you read the french:

http://www.lesinrocks.com/musique/musique-article/article/years-of-refusal/

I'm going to see Morrissey for the first time of my life next week, the 03/11....I look forward to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand!!!!!!!!!! I bought the cheapest tickets ( it's the financial crisis you know!), I'm going te be on the third balcony, I think that Morrissey will be tall like a ant....So I hope the sound will be good.

bien venue Julie.
moi, je suis bien heureux que tu aimes Les Years de Refusal!
et, en plus, j'espere que le concert sera tout a fait formidable!

Merci bien a tous pour l'accueil!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Oui, Les inrocks ne sont plus ce qu'ils etaient et c'est bien triste de les voir detruire aujourd'hui les icones qu'ils ont eriges hier. C'est juste que j'ai grandi en lisant les Inrocks, qu'ils m'ont fait decouvrir plein d'artistes....alors aujourd'hui quand je les vois s'en prendre a Morrissey alors qu'ils mettent Anais, Cali ou Lily Allen en couv'...m'enfin ce ne sont que des mots sur du papier, rien d'important donc...

J'espere bien que le concert va etre bon, j'espere juste que je ne serais pas trop loin et que donc je n'aurais pas de mal a entrer dans le concert...enfin pour ca je fais confiance a Morrissey. Je vous ferez un petit compte rendu, promis.....une petite anecdote locale qui m'a fait rire...le 11 mars qui est aussi en concert en Caroline de nord a 40 petits km environ de la salle ou joue Morrissey?.....Johnny Marr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Les coincidences de la vie!!!!!!! Bon, pour moi le choix a ete vite fait, meme si j'ai bien aime le dernier album de Modest Mouse, je n'allais pas me priver de pouvoir voir ENFIN Morrissey sur scene....je l'ai tjs rate jusqu'a present.

Merci bien a tous pour l'accueil!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Oui, Les inrocks ne sont plus ce qu'ils etaient et c'est bien triste de les voir detruire aujourd'hui les icones qu'ils ont eriges hier. C'est juste que j'ai grandi en lisant les Inrocks, qu'ils m'ont fait decouvrir plein d'artistes....alors aujourd'hui quand je les vois s'en prendre a Morrissey alors qu'ils mettent Anais, Cali ou Lily Allen en couv'...m'enfin ce ne sont que des mots sur du papier, rien d'important donc...

J'espere bien que le concert va etre bon, j'espere juste que je ne serais pas trop loin et que donc je n'aurais pas de mal a entrer dans le concert...enfin pour ca je fais confiance a Morrissey. Je vous ferez un petit compte rendu, promis.....une petite anecdote locale qui m'a fait rire...le 11 mars qui est aussi en concert en Caroline de nord a 40 petits km environ de la salle ou joue Morrissey?.....Johnny Marr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Les coincidences de la vie!!!!!!! Bon, pour moi le choix a ete vite fait, meme si j'ai bien aime le dernier album de Modest Mouse, je n'allais pas me priver de pouvoir voir ENFIN Morrissey sur scene....je l'ai tjs rate jusqu'a present.

Ça fait rien, les Inrocks n'ont pas aimé YOR, bah! tampis pour eux :crazy:

Tu peux faire confiance a Moz :D c'est ton premier concert et c'est toujours spécial -J'oublierai jamais mon premier concert :guitar: c'est très dificille d'expliquer :blushing: vraiment super!

Et Johnny à 40 petits km de MOZ ? :D :guitar:

I'm just wondering if someone knows from which movie is extracted the dialogue that we can heard at the end of "you were good in your time"? I suppose it's Jean Gabin but with ?

Yay! Another Julie! Welcome

(I can't speak French, though my mom is 1/4 French) :D

I'm so glad you like YOR, I think it's his best yet.

Thanks. I'm glad to met people here who like YoR!!!!!!!!

Tags
loony ep sad
Back
Top Bottom