Yazoo:Live Copenhagen, Denmark 26-05-2008

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by SNS22, Jun 14, 2008.

1. SNS22

SNS22 Not Dead Yet

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G91D5PLM

Nobody's diary
    Bad connection
    Mr Blue
    Good Times
    Tuesday
    Ode to boy
    Goodbye 70's (Alison stopped when she couldn't remember second verse)
    Goodbye 70's
    in my room
    I before E except after C(remixed for dance) - partly played from a big reel2reel tape recorder
    Anyone
    Statefarm (Alison stopped a second time when she couldn't remember 2nd verse)
    Statefarm
    sweet thing
    winter kills
    midnight
    unmarked
    bring your love down
    situation
    don't go

Encore:
    only you

2. Corrissey

Corrissey lovable loser

Nice set, thanks. Wazzup with Ali forgetting the words :doh: tho I bet the crowd didn't mind.

3. SNS22

SNS22 Not Dead Yet

It's been 25+ years, she can't just hit play on a tape recorder like Vince. My friend was telling me the other day, that Vince seems to have become lazy during the last few Erasure tours, he doesn't even get out the old guitar for Sometimes and Victim Of Love. Fatherhood must be taking its toll on Mr. Clarke.

4. Corrissey

Corrissey lovable loser

Oh, I don't fault her. I forget shit by the minute :p -I can't imagine being a performer... or an aging performer! Clarke seems to be slowing down too, but he should at least enjoy himself. Give us our money's worth ;)

Gah, how I love 'Upstairs at Eric's'. :guitar:

5. SNS22

SNS22 Not Dead Yet

You And Me Both had more of Alison's writing, and is quite a bit more soulful which is what makes me more partial to it. Yes, Vince needs to get out the Abba Dress and mime along to Happy People. Unfortunately, it's a recording we know he wants to forget. She hated the song, refused to record it, so we get stuck with Vince giving us a half-assed vocal effort and makes us thank God Depeche Mode found Dave Gahan and spared the world from Vince Clarke, singer-songwriter.

6. Dave2006

Dave2006 Active Member

Thanks for this, a mate at work will be dead chuffed - She follows Alison around all over the place, but could not afford the high prices for the Yazoo gigs

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  7. myboyracer

myboyracer Speedway, here we come!

Cheers, SNS22!

Good to hear some live YAZOO music at this part of the world.

8. The Seeker of Good Songs

The Seeker of Good Songs Well-Known Member

Thanks for this recording.

As much as I like Yazoo, after listening to this concert and viewing the You Tube of then on Jonathon Ross, I get the feeling that seeing them live would be a bit of a bore.

Clark poking away at a laptop isn't very exciting, and many of the songs have a lot of non vocal parts. I don't imagine Alison dancing around or glad handing the crowd.

If they would have added a band and updated the sound with other instruments to sub for the 80's synth beep bop boops, it would be much more interesting. Alison's voice is still good that changing the instruments wouldn't have hurt the nostalgia.

9. martinv

martinv New Member

thanks for sharing

i wasn't able to attend a show in germany.

best wishes
    MartinV