Yazoo Live:10 July 2008 Orpehum Theatre, Los Angeles.

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by SNS22, Jul 13, 2008.

1. SNS22

SNS22 Not Dead Yet

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVEIDUBP

Great show which I was fortune to attend. Kudos to the recorder/uploader for providing it.

2008-07-10 YAZOO (YAZ in USA)
    LIVE AT THE ORPHEUM THEATER
    LOS ANGELES, CA, USA
    2ND NIGHT OF 3 SHOWS
    AUDIENCE RECORDING

The beautiful Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles is a vintage 1930's movie theater
    recently updated and restored to its original state. It was host to the YAZOO
    Reunion tour! It seats a modest 3000-4000 persons, so the show was quite small and
    intimate. It is also home to the "Hollywood Week" of the famous TV Show American Idol.

The band was introduced by Richard Blade, famous host of 1980's hit station KROQ Los Angeles,
    and who is now hosting his own show on SERIUS satellite radio. He proudly
    introduced the band saying he was excited enough about the Police Reunion Tour, and
    he was most excited about this YAZOO concert. He recounted his interview with Allison Moyet
    who was said to have contacted Vince Clarke this year and told him how it's been 25 years
    and that they should consider doing a few gigs. He listened back to his CDs and decided to!

The show was brilliant. The stage was simple - just two stage decks where Vince stood with
    2 keyboard stands, and the other deck where Allison stood with a stand for her water bottles
    and an occasional glass of wine! The back drops were the same sort of fiber optic lighting
    featured in U2's recent tour. The production crew did a great job with the show - including
    a few cameos of other 80s US hits like PacMan and Galactica shots during the backing show.

Richard Blade mentioned that this show was going to be recorded and re-aired on his SERIUS Radio
    Show, so those in the States with it, please be sure to record it! The crowd was fairly loud on the
    first couple of songs but the recording equipment did fairly well to pick up the music instead. The vibe
    was definitely wild. No teens were seen in the building. Age range was 25-55. I was shocked at
    the gay turn out too. Is this happening at other shows worldwide? Just an observation, not anything else.

RECORDING DETAILS

EQUIPMENT: Sony HD-MD Mini Disc recorder, Sonic stereo mics with bass-roll off, uncompressed audio.
    LOCATION: Stage Left, balcony, 7 rows back, isle seat unobstructed
    RECORDING TIME: 1:23:20
    LINEAGE: Above equipment > USB > WAV > Sound Forge 9 to split tracks > FLAC (level 6) > YOU!
    RECORDER: DMLIVE2K(2) / Emmett C.

SET LIST:
    1. Nobody´s diary
    2. Bad connection
    3. Mr. Blue
    4. Good times
    5. Tuesday
    6. Ode to boy
    7. Goodbye 70´s
    8. Too pieces
    9. In my room
    10. Softly Over
    11. Walk Away From Love
    12. I before E except after C (dance version - all from tape/reel to reel)
    13. Good Times
    14. Sweet Thing
    15. Winter Kills
    16. Midnight
    17. Anyone
    18. Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)
    19. Don't Go (false start)
    20. Don't Go
    21. Crowd Banter

Encore:
    22. Only You
    23. Situation

2. London By Night

London By Night Daydream Believer

I went to see the Yazoo reunion show and it was absolutely brilliant...though I couldn't understand why Alison Moyet kept disappearing off the stage every five minutes or so! She said something about it into the mic but there was so much hubbub around me I couldn't quite catch it. I hope it's cleared up, whatever it is!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  3. myboyracer

myboyracer Speedway, here we come!

Thanks for the link. :)

mbr.

4. Maurice E

Maurice E Junior Member

did they do that cover of the Flying Pickets' Christmas number one?

5. geordie

geordie lets share a greased tea

Hi thanks for the link seen yazoo in Glasgow great night oot

6. malvachat

malvachat My eyes are now open

You are joking of course.:D:D

7. SNS22

SNS22 Not Dead Yet

No. They do an English version of the Enrique Inglasis classic Solo En Ti :rolleyes:

8. martinv

martinv New Member

thanks for sharing

best wishes
    MartinV