Yay, big banks have lots of money! :squiffy:

$30 effin billion in bonuses :tantrum:
no, I did not read any further, I already have enough hate for the scum on Wall Street :gun:
and I am trying not to hate, ok bored? :o

What the media agencies have deliberately avoided talking about is the fact that Obama could've spent millions LESS by paying off all the individual debts instead of handing truckloads of cash to the creditors so their executives could buy boats and BMWs. :mad:

What the media agencies have deliberately avoided talking about is the fact that Obama could've spent millions LESS by paying off all the individual debts instead of handing truckloads of cash to the creditors so their executives could buy boats and BMWs. :mad:

Obama is their darling, and he is bought payed for by high finance scum, "the bailout" that made these people even richer
(while my mother still lost her house! :mad:)
Obama has showed his true colors, I still want to say he is better than the Republican alternative, but maybe not
maybe even more evil policies is what we need for the people to finally
last-samurai-1.jpg
rise up!
1106ck8.gif

*=yeah, yeah, I know that Tom Cruise and a bunch of Samurias is not most people's idea of "the people rising up" but I like the movie and the image so just deal or dont :cool:

We talked about this a lot at work and if they took all the money that went into the first stimulus package from Bush they could have written a check to everyone for $450,000 which I personally believe would have caused a lot of spending and really jump started the economy.

Virtuous Bankers? Really!?!

The Great Vampire Squid has gotten religion.

In an interview with The Sunday Times of London, the cocky chief of Goldman Sachs said he understands that a lot of people are “mad and bent out of shape” at blood-sucking banks.

“I know I could slit my wrists and people would cheer,” Lloyd Blankfein, the C.E.O., told the reporter John Arlidge.

But the little people who are boiling simply don’t understand. And Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi, who unforgettably labeled Goldman “a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money,” doesn’t understand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/opinion/11dowd.html?em

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked for a bank and have to agree. The top dogs were giving themselves millions in bonuses in advance as the bank was sinking fast. They eventually sunk it and walked away. While all this was happening the rest of us were told no raises or bonuses. :mad:

We talked about this a lot at work and if they took all the money that went into the first stimulus package from Bush they could have written a check to everyone for $450,000 which I personally believe would have caused a lot of spending and really jump started the economy.

I'd like to double check the math. If thats' true it's appalling. That would've paid for my college education, medical bills, I would have made a sizeable donation to a number of charities. Again, appalling. Yes, that would've been so much more productive. Instead, a number of executives can buy new yachts. Isn't that why we pay taxes? ::sarcasm::

I'd like to double check the math. If thats' true it's appalling.
i really do not want to go look it up, but it does sound like
FuzzyMath_Title03_320x240.jpg

to me, no offense to bored, of course :o

ps: I am thinking now, oh shit :eek:, perhaps they meant for each taxpayer?
not each American?
still, its all vile hideous amounts and these people in government mostly deserve death :mad:
ok, back not thinking again, but that was close there :lbf:

ps: I am thinking now, oh shit :eek:, perhaps they meant for each taxpayer?
not each American?
still, its all vile hideous amounts and these people in government mostly deserve death :mad:
ok, back not thinking again, but that was close there :lbf:

I figured it had to be each taxpayer. My computer can't take those numbers, I have a graphing calculator but I'm not going to dig it out right now. Simplifying it to 700 THOUSAND, instead of 700 BILLION, devided by 138 (Instead of 138 MILLION) taxpayers and got 5,072, if you add the zeroes back in he should be about right.That's disgusting. I have to remember that so I can share. Thanks, Bored!

if i had a $450,000 stimulus check I would rid myself of all my debt right away. While it's not a lot, it would make my credit better.

I would probably spend some money on a few nice things, a trip, a new computer, a flat screen tv and then invest the rest.

I know a ton of poeple would just spend it all but many people would pay off mortgages and credit cards and stuff and the banks would actually have ended up with a ton of money which then would give them an incentive to lend at much lower interest rates because they wouldn't have people knocking down their door like they do now.

The auto industry would get a massive boon as people went crazy buying cars.

The travel industry would also get a massive boon.

Really every industry would. Every store would be full of people buying something, pool tables, new kitchens, house repairs.. pretty much everything.

Sure, some people would squander the money away real quick and that would be their choice. It's ok for the government to squander it away, why not let the people that generated the money in the first place decide if and how to burn through it.

With all that actual spending, even the squandering of money would stimulate the economy.

My apologies to you all for not being president and providing all you tax payer with $450,00. Please forgive me.

If you were I would do my best on your special day to give you a rendition of "Happy Birthday Mr. President"....

Last edited by a moderator:
Bankers, CEO's, politicians, lawyers. I don't trust any of them.

your list is a good start and to it I would personally have to add some people I once revered:
Gunny.jpg
career NCOs, they are the backbone of armed forces and the always act as if they are being "professional" and non-political by basically always following orders
no matter how unjust the war, or the orders they are given and give to the rest of us
if its even possible to be a "good soldier" which I do not know if it is anymore :confused:
then orders must be(gulp) questioned sometimes :o
it really, really, sickens me, especially when I see the cycle seemingly continuing on and on and on forever because they will not just stop!
Just say for once:
"No sir."
It takes practice but it can be done. :straightface:

*=I do not know the current views of the pictured R. Lee Ermey, so the use of his image by me is not really a statement about him in particular

Bankers, CEO's, politicians, lawyers. I don't trust any of them.

Never trust a barista, either. They're pure evil.

your list is a good start and to it I would personally have to add some people I once revered:
Gunny.jpg
career NCOs, they are the backbone of armed forces and the always act as if they are being "professional" and non-political by basically always following orders
no matter how unjust the war, or the orders they are given and give to the rest of us
if its even possible to be a "good soldier" which I do not know if it is anymore :confused:
then orders must be(gulp) questioned sometimes :o
it really, really, sickens me, especially when I see the cycle seemingly continuing on and on and on forever because they will not just stop!
Just say for once:
"No sir."
It takes practice but it can be done. :straightface:

You're full of it. The job of a soldier is not to think, but to obey. What the hell kind of Army would one have if everyone was off doing their own thing and making their own decisions?

That said, the manner in which an Army is used is critical. I'm not saying I agree with the way the American military has been used recently, or ever, but an Army full of independent thinkers isn't an army, it's a rabble.

The Army is a great life for certain types of people. I'm not one of them. This was quickly realized in my first week of ROTC. :rolleyes:

I grew up as the child of a career NCO, and at the mercy of the Pentagon's whims, and I respect the Army and its soldiers for what it is. I don't have to like it or want to be a part of it to respect it.

You're full of it. The job of a soldier is not to think, but to obey. What the hell kind of Army would one have if everyone was off doing their own thing and making their own decisions?

That said, the manner in which an Army is used is critical. I'm not saying I agree with the way the American military has been used recently, or ever, but an Army full of independent thinkers isn't an army, it's a rabble.

The Army is a great life for certain types of people. I'm not one of them. This was quickly realized in my first week of ROTC. :rolleyes:

I grew up as the child of a career NCO, and at the mercy of the Pentagon's whims, and I respect the Army and its soldiers for what it is. I don't have to like it or want to be a part of it to respect it.
erm, ok Preggers, my post was inspired by my own military service and those of others who I am more and more coming to know
and you are right, I am advocating the current army becoming little more than rabble
the war machine as it stands now is rarely being used to "defend us"
and more and more soldiers(including now former NCOs) are coming to believe this
a lot of these guys are getting dishonorable discharges for not wanting to go on their 3 or 4th tour of combat duty! and its just wrong :(
one of the things the army most uses to justify this is that they make it very hard for you to justify changing your status to that of conscientious objector
after you have been in combat :crazy:
this is completely backward, many NCOs agree, Obama could help change this, but he simply does not care
I am going to try to not say anymore on this issue, it is a deeply personal one for me

erm, ok Preggers, my post was inspired by my own military service and those of others who I am more and more coming to know
and you are right, I am advocating the current army becoming little more than rabble
the war machine as it stands now is rarely being used to "defend us"
and more and more soldiers(including now former NCOs) are coming to believe this
a lot of these guys are getting dishonorable discharges for not wanting to go on their 3 or 4th tour of combat duty! and its just wrong :(
one of the things the army most uses to justify this is that they make it very hard for you to justify changing your status to that of conscientious objector
after you have been in combat :crazy:
this is completely backward, many NCOs agree, Obama could help change this, but he simply does not care
I am going to try to not say anymore on this issue, it is a deeply personal one for me

Didn't you go "AWOL" to attend a MOZ gig in LA?

Back
Top Bottom