WTF should I do during Obama's inauguration?

What should I do?

• Get tha f*** outta Dodge! (But when would I come back?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I live a few miles from the White House, inside the DC Beltway. Next Tuesday, god knows how many thousands (maybe millions) of people are going to descend on DC for Obama's inauguration festivities. So, like the other few million people who actually live here, I'm wondering what I should do the next few days while this area goes completely f***ing beserk.

The mass-transit system is warning of crush capacity all day long. I once waited for about 2.5 hours for a train one year after the 4th of July fireworks, and this expected to be much, much worse--and in freezing-ass weather.

All of the bridges connecting Virginia to DC are going to be closed to normal traffic.

Highways leading into the city are expected to have backups up to 20 miles long.

An old HS friend of mine is flying in from St. Louis to party with the rich and famous, and it'd be nice to hang out with him, but I don't think there'll be time to do so. Even if there was, I don't even know whether I'd be able to reach him!

What would you do?

Stay at home.

Sorry, I didn't know there would be a poll. :o

You don't have off that day? I thought that due to the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue that day in and around the city, that a lot of offices were going to be closed etc. No?

You don't have off that day? I thought that due to the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue that day in and around the city, that a lot of offices were going to be closed etc. No?

The Federal Government offices are closed, as are most local governments & schools. But we don't have the day off; we have a "liberal leave" policy (presumably because the liberals are going to leave & go to the inauguration :p). We do have Monday off. for MLK day. I want to go out of town (even if that means to the in-laws'), but when would I drive back to be at work on Tuesday? Monday night is when everyone & his brother is going to be driving into DC.

Stay home and watch it on tv, natch. And where do you get off complaining about "freezing-ass cold?" I think you have no room in which to complain. I can't go outside and there is no school for the second day in a row, and no school Monday either, and OMG help they are eating my leg...

Stay home and watch it on tv, natch. And where do you get off complaining about "freezing-ass cold?" I think you have no room in which to complain. I can't go outside and there is no school for the second day in a row, and no school Monday either, and OMG help they are eating my leg...

The dogs, or the kids?

It's a balmy 8 degrees here today. At least that's in the positive number territory.

That's crazy! What's the temp? Apparenlty it was 10 below in Philly last night. Good thing I had those beers to keep me warm ;)

It's twenty degrees colder here. Obama's gonna show up wearing a golf shirt, he's a Chicagoan.

The kids. But I managed to beat them off with a wooden spoon. I should just teach them how to do it themselves.

Since the cops will be preoccupied with the festivities you should use it as an opportunity to go looting. :D

Oh, right--with the Secret Service, SWAT teams, and thousands of soldiers on patrol. There have been lots of helicopters, F-whatevers, & other things flying around on drills around here this week, too. Crazy shit.

Oh, they won't be paying attention to Best Buy. Just smash out the window and go in there and get that camera you always wanted. Nobody'll notice. :rolleyes:

Tags
like you ever log off? nice tag corny nrith 4 prez
Back
Top Bottom