Writing A Morrissey Book

prospect

If you were theoretically write a Morrissey book, what kind of stuff would you include? 'Normal' topics of choice such as the charge of racism and his sexuality or would you include some less researched topics such as his relationship with Linder etc.

I believe there to already be too many "Morrissey books" without him having released an autobiography, honestly, an writing about him until we get that from him is somewhat pointless, sorry

As a lover of books and all things in a physical format I'd like Stephane to put a book together. I'd buy two copies.

I believe there to already be too many "Morrissey books" without him having released an autobiography, honestly, an writing about him until we get that from him is somewhat pointless, sorry

This. The market is saturated with Morrissey books, mostly penned by obsessive fans rehashing the same material over and over (Mark Simpson, Gavin Hopps), projecting their own personality onto Morrissey with a clear agenda (David Bret), or just latently copy-and-pasting his interviews to form a "book". Simon Goddard's exhaustive Mozipedia pretty much rendered all the other "Morrissey literature" moot. Other than waiting for the autobiography, I really can't see that there's anything left to write.

Back
Top Bottom