Write poetry about Morrissey

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
Just a quick note for attention!

Dear all.

I invite you to do something debatably sac-religious, and certainly very difficult. I would love to hear some poetry / creative writing based on or inspired by Morrissey and / or his lyrics.

It may involve going very deep, or not very deep at all. It may involve personal exposure and pain, or the complete opposite. However you feel you can or want to express and react to / for Morrissey, through your own poetic words (and I stress, poetry does not have to be rhyme and rhythm, it is anything within us, but i believe it MUST be genuine, i think, personaly.)

I hope i don't come across as some arty farty pen and paper arrogant poet, i am just a normal 22 year old who loves The Smiths and Morrissey, and happen to love poetry too. I am not trying to be pretentious, just genuinly interested in other peoples creative-ness. It doesnt matter how good or bad you are, or think you are.

If no-one wants to or dont feel like it then no worries. I just thought i would create the opening.

Many thanks

Dom

Last edited:
Re: Just a quick note for attention!

i have a feeling that, after 90 views of this post here and 38 on the other, and only one post on the whole subject that people aren't particularly enthused by the idea.

As i said, it doesn't matter if not, was just a suggestion and experimental opening if people wanted to.

All the best

Dom

Dear Dom,

off-topic is just for irrelevant posts/threads if you thought anything of your Morrissey (Smiths is a bad word round here btw) poetry then you need to post it in here, nothing is taken serious in off-topic (you only need to check out the threads, except the ones that have been moved there by kewpie of course but because she's moved them they become irrelevant).
Also you are not allowed to advertise threads in other threads, kewpie says.
Oh & don't have a signature because that upsets kewpie & that makes her move any of your threads in to off-topic too.

Enjoy your stay!

love

Grim

Dear Dom,

off-topic is just for irrelevant posts/threads if you thought anything of your Morrissey (Smiths is a bad word round here btw) poetry then you need to post it in here, nothing is taken serious in off-topic (you only need to check out the threads, except the ones that have been moved there by kewpie of course but because she's moved them they become irrelevant).
Oh & don't have a signature because that upsets kewpie & that makes her move any of your threads in to off-topic too.

Enjoy your stay!

love

Grim

On courtesy of cornelius blaze :p :

graphics-funnyanimated19.gif

A quilled pen beneath my bed
It writhed and then it scribed
red blood minced minds
messy kisses intertwined

could you ever grab at me
clinging to me desperately
sweaty in your mothers arms
mmm mothers arms

but you’ll never go back
looking to me back to back
skin is touching
im over that
I bleed and rot
Fumble at my dress and top

Bring me here
Restless in a motherly frame
But your eyes are pale
and you face is grey again

But I can't say we are desperate

Husbands and wives
Attraction thrives

On bended knee
I beseech thee

I beseech thee

Yea, but i was told it was better to put it here as i put it in off topic. Was just PETRIFIED kewpie was gonna move it if i put it anywhere other than in OFF TOPIC!

OK. But posting the same thing twice is not good manners. You have to give people chance to see the previous post. Don't think that because it got fewer responses that users haven't seen it - they have. I'm going to merge the threads. Come on, you know you posted this before. Take it easy.

Peter

**Edit - OK Already done**

There’s fields and abundance of gold
But no-one no-one to hold
Run me over and scorn me
Kick me and then
Tie me down

Here

This body of chalice and lace
A whispering shimmer of grace
Sweep me over and love me
Hate me and then
Slap me down

Here

I’ll fit in a box for you all
To talk at and moan and abhor
But you’ll never reveal me
Never re-seal me
Just simply condemn me a whore

Forever

it's easy to grin
when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat
but the man who's worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are to tight in the seat.

I am a bit embarrassed but I have Moz poems. Will dig them out. Check out my post about Swing magazine, people- Morrissey poetry is very welcome there.

Ri-poste

The pressure lies behind my eyes
I won’t shut up or compromise
I’ll sing and dance, I’ll strut and preen
I’m not too old to live the dream

Don’t think I’m fooled by your false smiles
I hear you sharpening your knives
Make sure you print what I have said
“Don’t write me off, I’m not dead yet!”

Ah, Modesty’s a liars’ mask
I love myself, you needn’t laugh
I give my all, you know it’s true
I’m only here because of you

sorry to those who've seen this before :D

Dear Dom,

Nearly everything said there is total rubbish

it's easy to grin
when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat
but the man who's worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are to tight in the seat.

I love this. Very simple and to the point. Reminds me a bit of 'why pamper lifes complexity when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat' :)

I am a bit embarrassed but I have Moz poems. Will dig them out. Check out my post about Swing magazine, people- Morrissey poetry is very welcome there.

Hey! Dont be embarrased. Show them off and off ;)

For all of the Swedish speaking folks out there there was a nice Moz poem in "Lyrikvännen" #5-6 2007.

Ri-poste

The pressure lies behind my eyes
I won’t shut up or compromise
I’ll sing and dance, I’ll strut and preen
I’m not too old to live the dream

Don’t think I’m fooled by your false smiles
I hear you sharpening your knives
Make sure you print what I have said
“Don’t write me off, I’m not dead yet!”

Ah, Modesty’s a liars’ mask
I love myself, you needn’t laugh
I give my all, you know it’s true
I’m only here because of you

sorry to those who've seen this before :D

I really like the image of sharpening knives. Someone sharpening their knife ready to stab you in the back? Awesome

Back
Top Bottom