WPINOYB to be reissued by Étienne, Nov. 2016 with new sleeve - Typical Moz e-zine/ Facebook

Original text:

En noviembre saldrá una reedición de WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (último álbum de Morrissey) a través de otro sello...por lo que se ve en la imagen es Étienne. Pronto ampliaremos la información.

38910_world_peace_etienne.jpg

Photo source posted by Famous when dead:

The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dir: C.T.Dreyer) is a great film.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fans have bought WPINOYB already, so what's the point of a re-release? It's not that great an album to begin with, so who is supposed to buy it the second time around?

Morrissey will fund the re-issue - leave the canoe-paddling to Damon.

Funny and probably true. Neat to see the adorable artwork. My first thought on the image is that it brought belle and Sebastian to mind

If this is true, it's wonderful. The cover is perfect, Morrissey at his best.

Two anthems in that album: I'm not a man and World Peace... Morrissey always way ahead of his time.

Last edited:
I was simply terrified (for a brief moment) that the person on the cover was Lena Dunham.

Maria Falconetti...heavenly.
Now i know how she felt...Now i know how she felt.
And the centre label image has been delpoyed before; some mucky kid amongst his 45s, from a 2004-era aftershow pass...identity unknown...?

Morrissey+Aftershow+Silkscreen+Pass+366174.jpg

Maria Falconetti...heavenly.
Now i know how she felt...Now i know how she felt.
And the centre label image has been delpoyed before; some mucky kid amongst his 45s, from a 2004-era aftershow pass...identity unknown...?

Morrissey+Aftershow+Silkscreen+Pass+366174.jpg

It's a still from the German movie Tätowierung (1967) by Johannes Schaaf.

CpRyoq-WYAUfBVC.jpg

There is no such label, so it its true, it self published, the bottom of the barrel. No interest out there for new Moz music. The end, apparently.
You are such a fool. Self releasing an album isn't scraping the barrel. Posting anonymously on a fan site while you scratch your diseased gonads is.

If it is a self-release, who is he going to blame when it doesn't get to #1 in the album charts? :confused:

hes probably just going to sell it at the gigs for 35 quid apiece.
only his most ardent bots can actually stare at that awful cover.

Fans have bought WPINOYB already, so what's the point of a re-release? It's not that great an album to begin with, so who is supposed to buy it the second time around?

There are about 500,000 people who would buy a Morrissey album in the UK if they a) knew it was out and b) thought it was any good.
Most of these 500,000 didn't even know World Peace was out - it sold 35,000.
Put out 'Staircase' (his catchiest song since FOTGTD), it will be a-listed by Radio 2, Xfm and Absolute, and will help the album to shift 100,000 alone.

I personally won't be buying it since I already have the vinyl, but I find the news interesting nevertheless. I'm just happy that Morrissey is embarking on a new tour, and I am hoping this gives him the impetus/energy to create new things in the future.

so if this is a self-release, that would imply that moz was not happy with the original sleeve. I always assumed he had a part in that original sleeve, but maybe not? was that ever determined?

There are about 500,000 people who would buy a Morrissey album in the UK if they a) knew it was out and b) thought it was any good.
Most of these 500,000 didn't even know World Peace was out - it sold 35,000.
Put out 'Staircase' (his catchiest song since FOTGTD), it will be a-listed by Radio 2, Xfm and Absolute, and will help the album to shift 100,000 alone.

For an album they could easily find/rip from YouTube? I think those numbers might be wishful thinking, considering the album is freely available. I'm happy he's getting it reissued as per his wishes - and looks like he is giving more credence to the idea of self-releases - but "shift 100,000" when those people can get those songs for free right now? People will buy it. I don't think that many people will buy it.

so if this is a self-release, that would imply that moz was not happy with the original sleeve. I always assumed he had a part in that original sleeve, but maybe not? was that ever determined?

I would imagine he would just want to differentiate between the Harvest version and his reissue version.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom