WPINOYB to be reissued by Étienne, Nov. 2016 with new sleeve - Typical Moz e-zine/ Facebook

Original text:

En noviembre saldrá una reedición de WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (último álbum de Morrissey) a través de otro sello...por lo que se ve en la imagen es Étienne. Pronto ampliaremos la información.

38910_world_peace_etienne.jpg

Photo source posted by Famous when dead:

The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dir: C.T.Dreyer) is a great film.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Great cover but a couple of concerns. He may have the rights to the record but will he have the masters? If not then the vinyl release will just be sourced from cd which isn't great. If he is re-releasing please god Kick the bride off the album, the witless half-sister of William. Replace it with Forgive Someone.

Hmmm. Great cover but a couple of concerns. He may have the rights to the record but will he have the masters? If not then the vinyl release will just be sourced from cd which isn't great. If he is re-releasing please god Kick the bride off the album, the witless half-sister of William. Replace it with Forgive Someone.

I agree that "Kick the Bride..." is a complete embarrassment.

I think it should have an altered tracklisting, the album could have been so much stronger than it was.

Here's my preferred World Peace:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
I’m Not A Man [6.14 Edit]
Istanbul
Scandinavia
Staircase At The University
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Julie In The Weeds
Action Is My Middle Name
One Of Our Own
Drag The River

I'm not a fan of the sleeve. Although it's growing on me a bit.

It looks like it's another SER creation...

I'd be interested to see whether there's anything different about the track listing. It would only be fair to offer us something new.

Matt Walker has just posted the picture of the album on his Facebook, with the caption "Soon".

Not posted by Boz, just posted on his page and tagged to him and others. Still no real proof yet in my opinion

And now it´s posted by Boz himself, using the "new" album cover for his profil on Facebook.

There is no such label, so it its true, it self published, the bottom of the barrel. No interest out there for new Moz music. The end, apparently.

I didn't really think the b-sides were all that special or at least not better the songs in the original track listing. He seemed more middle of the road to me. Wonder if this along with his touring means new songs coming. Seems like the evidence is building

There is no such label, so it its true, it self published, the bottom of the barrel. No interest out there for new Moz music. The end, apparently.
And the world is going under, right? So just wait, there will be a new album and tonight in Bergen even new songs, I bet.

And now it´s posted by Boz himself, using the "new" album cover for his profil on Facebook.

Yep, just seen that. I stand corrected!

As for the label, if it is self-released then good on him. Finally. Who needs a major label in this day and age?

It makes a lot of sense really. Why moan about a label not promoting your work when you can just self-publish, retain all rights & royalties, and pay someone else for guaranteed promotion? (given enough cash..)

its self published there are no royalties. The point of being with a label is for you not to pay for promotion and for you to receive royalties. There will also be ltd distribution if any.
subtract for the horrible cover and for the terrible material.

He may have the rights to the record but will he have the masters? If not then the vinyl release will just be sourced from cd which isn't great.

Yes, Morrissey owns the masters - he just licensed the recording to Harvest. Was the Harvest vinyl release sourced from the CD, or did it have it's own master at the time?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom