WPINOYB to be reissued by Étienne, Nov. 2016 with new sleeve - Typical Moz e-zine/ Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2016 (read-only)' started by Sarcasmos, Aug 6, 2016.

By Sarcasmos on Aug 6, 2016 at 2:50 AM
  1. Sarcasmos

Sarcasmos Active Member

Original text:

En noviembre saldrá una reedición de WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (último álbum de Morrissey) a través de otro sello...por lo que se ve en la imagen es Étienne. Pronto ampliaremos la información.

[​IMG]

Photo source posted by Famous when dead:

The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dir: C.T.Dreyer) is a great film.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2016 (read-only)' started by Sarcasmos, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Lamplighter
      Lamplighter
      Hmmm. Great cover but a couple of concerns. He may have the rights to the record but will he have the masters? If not then the vinyl release will just be sourced from cd which isn't great. If he is re-releasing please god Kick the bride off the album, the witless half-sister of William. Replace it with Forgive Someone.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's a woman, right?
    3. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      I agree that "Kick the Bride..." is a complete embarrassment.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. mozzalini999
      mozzalini999

Not posted by Boz, just posted on his page and tagged to him and others. Still no real proof yet in my opinion
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I think it should have an altered tracklisting, the album could have been so much stronger than it was.

Here's my preferred World Peace:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
      Neal Cassady Drops Dead
      I’m Not A Man [6.14 Edit]
      Istanbul
      Scandinavia
      Staircase At The University
      The Bullfighter Dies
      Kiss Me A Lot
      Julie In The Weeds
      Action Is My Middle Name
      One Of Our Own
      Drag The River
    6. ninetimesfined
      ninetimesfined
      I'm not a fan of the sleeve. Although it's growing on me a bit.

It looks like it's another SER creation...

I'd be interested to see whether there's anything different about the track listing. It would only be fair to offer us something new.
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Matt Walker has just posted the picture of the album on his Facebook, with the caption "Soon".
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      And now it´s posted by Boz himself, using the "new" album cover for his profil on Facebook.
    9. JoeSellMozza
      JoeSellMozza
      And now it´s posted by Boz himself, using the "new" album cover for his profil on Facebook.
      https://www.facebook.com/boz.boorer.3
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      There is no such label, so it its true, it self published, the bottom of the barrel. No interest out there for new Moz music. The end, apparently.
    11. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I didn't really think the b-sides were all that special or at least not better the songs in the original track listing. He seemed more middle of the road to me. Wonder if this along with his touring means new songs coming. Seems like the evidence is building
    13. JoeSellMozza
      JoeSellMozza
      And the world is going under, right? So just wait, there will be a new album and tonight in Bergen even new songs, I bet.
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yep, just seen that. I stand corrected!

As for the label, if it is self-released then good on him. Finally. Who needs a major label in this day and age?
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Peanut
      Peanut
      It makes a lot of sense really. Why moan about a label not promoting your work when you can just self-publish, retain all rights & royalties, and pay someone else for guaranteed promotion? (given enough cash..)
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      its self published there are no royalties. The point of being with a label is for you not to pay for promotion and for you to receive royalties. There will also be ltd distribution if any.
      subtract for the horrible cover and for the terrible material.
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yes, Morrissey owns the masters - he just licensed the recording to Harvest. Was the Harvest vinyl release sourced from the CD, or did it have it's own master at the time?
    18. Anonymous
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Perhaps he will paddle his own canoe this time
    20. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      Morrissey will fund the re-issue - leave the canoe-paddling to Damon.