"WPINOYB" enters at #83 on Official UK Singles Chart

Must be that it wasn't promoted properly ..
or it received no airplay at all or maybe, just perhaps, it's Not good

Last edited:
I'm glad, it's what the song deserves, nothing more. Especially if you think to His previous singles that came out before an album.

It's so good. I love the melody and passion and the high level of conscientiousness and critical thinking. I'm going to celebrate Morrissey's b-day with a vegan grilled veggie burrito catering platter and a chocolate wacky cake that I will make myself. :)

one of my favourite moz songs for a very long time!!!!

one of my favourite moz songs for a very long time!!!!

I really like it too. I bought the album prerelease that had the song as the "free download" - I expect many did this - does that count towards "singles sales" or is it in album sakes (once the album is fully released)?

He's lucky to even be in the Top 100 considering there was no advanced promotion, physical release, and he gave away free copies as part of the album pre-order.

The charts are dead, and have been for a long time.
We all knew Moz was never going to get a top 40 single again, and so did Harvest (and Moz), hence giving it away for free.
The album is a different matter though. They'll want to push that to number 1. And I think it will.

He's lucky to even be in the Top 100 considering there was no advanced promotion, physical release, and he gave away free copies as part of the album pre-order.

True.

The charts are dead, and have been for a long time.
We all knew Moz was never going to get a top 40 single again, and so did Harvest (and Moz), hence giving it away for free.
The album is a different matter though. They'll want to push that to number 1. And I think it will.

Again, true. These "stealth" singles are simply adverts for the album. The chart positions were always going to be immaterial.

Yep agree.

There would have been extra tracks and different formats if he was looking for singles chart success.

Album will go to straight in at No 1 in my opinion.

It's like the Drug Dealer approach, the first three baggies are free to get you hooked.

Was it actually a single? Surely it was just an album track that was released early...the artwork for it was just the album art, there were no b-sides and no physical release. Bullfighter stands a good chance of getting some airplay imo.

Is it normal for a single to be released to radio and the public at the same time? I always thought promoted tracks were sent out to radio or whatever a couple weeks before you could buy it?

Last edited:
Can anyone relate how many downloads that rating represents? Are we in the thousands? Tens of thousands? The other thing is that from a record company point of view, money is made on tour, not through releases any more. For an artist such as Morrissey, that is.

P.

Last edited:

I believe that these count towards the chart. I remember a few years ago Prince charting with an album that he gave away in a magazine.

I think that chart position represents a few 100 sales.. Poor poor.. Why does Moz shoot down twitter and FB, but does put up a clear concise "where" to buy in TTY? I freaking hate how lazy true-to-you seems, it may not be Julia's choice but come on, there should be some "where to go" on releases and tours.

Can anyone relate how many downloads that rating represents? Are we in the thousands? Tens of thousands? The other thing is that from a record company point of view, money is made on tour, not through releases any more. For an artist such as Morrissey, that is.

P.
definitely not tens of thousands, he would be much higher up in the chart if that was the case.

Was it actually a single? Surely it was just an album track that was released early...the artwork for it was just the album art, there were no b-sides and no physical release. Bullfighter stands a good chance of getting some airplay imo.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I never thought I'd see the day that 3 so called Morrissey singles were born into a virtual world with no B side brothers and sisters to play with... so to speak. These are some seriously lonely singles. Especially considering Morrissey has been consistently releasing CD ones and twos with 7" Vinyl and 12" pic discs in the past. I was so looking forward to getting my hands on some 12" singles for this album because of the recent 12" Satellite release. my high hopes have been digitally dashed!

I love the songs though :)

So you think it was the album art and others are saying it's just the single art. I'm confused now.

It was not said to be the album art, it said it was for the single, no mention at all for it being for the album.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom