"WPINOYB" (Deluxe Version) tracklisting on iTunes/NZ (6 extra songs)

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
I'm Not A Man
Istanbul
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
Staircase At The University
The Bullfighter dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Smiler With Knife
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
Scandinavia
One Of Our Own
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
Julie In The Weeds
Art-Hounds

source?

My guess is that the ones with no credits yet (N/A currently) belongs to him. That would give, in total, 9 songs written by Boz, 6 written by Jesse, and 3 written by Gustavo.

Which seems a plausible ratio given past releases and seniority. Alain's departure has certainly benefited Boz.

It would appear that the bonus tracks would have been B-sides in the non-digital age. This would signal a huge shift for Morrissey if he's embracing the concept of releasing extra tracks as part of a special edition upfront with no physical single releases. Given the poor performance of recent singles, perhaps it was inevitable. Maybe the terms of the deal with Capitol put the kibosh on other formats?

I do find it interesting that Action Is My Middle Name and People Are The Same Everywhere were played hither and yon for the better part of three years and are nowhere to be found.

My guess is that the ones with no credits yet (N/A currently) belongs to him. That would give, in total, 9 songs written by Boz, 6 written by Jesse, and 3 written by Gustavo.

I can't wait to hear Gustavo's songs. His piano intro to Trouble Loves Me is beyond beautiful.

I do find it interesting that Action Is My Middle Name and People Are The Same Everywhere were played hither and yon for the better part of three years and are nowhere to be found.

There is a small chance they have been reserved exclusively for Amazon or some other future "super deluxe edition"

Which seems a plausible ratio given past releases and seniority. Alain's departure has certainly benefited Boz.

It would appear that the bonus tracks would have been B-sides in the non-digital age. This would signal a huge shift for Morrissey if he's embracing the concept of releasing extra tracks as part of a special edition upfront with no physical single releases. Given the poor performance of recent singles, perhaps it was inevitable. Maybe the terms of the deal with Capitol put the kibosh on other formats?

Yeah. It seems as if we're only going to get them as the Playboy reissue B-sides...

Will we get these bonus tracks as an extra disc, like the deluxe version of Years of Refusal DVD with Russel Brand features erc?

The deluxe "The Next Day" edition Bowie released had some great extras on it, hopefully the same with this one.

So we are getting Art-hounds...intriguing. :cool: The great debate between Viva and I thinking his life is an opera or a book will be solved!

Just the preview, apparently it should be available in Australia now, but it isn't even in the itunes store.

I agree with Viva on a great many things here, but, it's opera!

Lol. We shall see.

its "opera", boz said

Don't celebrate just yet. The last time I saw him asked this on Facebook, he claimed he had no idea what the lyrics were to the song...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. It seems as if we're only going to get them as the Playboy reissue B-sides...

I don't think that should count as the studio versions were never released.

For someone as traditional and stringent to the "Old Guard" as Morrissey, I can't believe he's allowing this release to be in digital format only.

There was a time when he treated the release of every physical single with incredibly precious detail: from paper labels on the wax; to which side the sleeve's opening was set; to fonts, hues, and crops.

I think it's safe to say he let go of all art direction with "Southpaw Grammar" and he stopped caring after that. (That said, the "Years of Refusal" cover was a stroke of genius.)

But no physical packaging on the initial release from the first single of his LP? ... and the debut on his new label? Harvest or Moz are not putting their best feet forward with this decision.

Of course, the skeptic in me says these songs will get traditional vinyl and CD releases a couple months from now. And guess what--completists will have re-buy the recordings even though the digital downloads were downloaded.

In short, this just seems like a sloppy campaign by Harvest. These are some of the reasons to support that...

1. What's With All This Digital Download Rubbish?
No one really knows what the singles or LP cover will look like (will there even be a proper vinyl/CD LP?). Will this be a 100% downloaded campaign?

2. Who's in Charge of Publicity at Harvest?
The wheat-paste posters around LA and NYC have been useless to get the campaign's word out (other than a couple fans posting the images here and Instagram.) True-to-You hasn't even commented on said posters--Morrissey-SoLow is the only news outlet reporting on the street-art campaign.

3. Tour Support? What Tour Support?
There was a time when Morrissey's concert openers were highly looked forward to, almost a treat unto themselves: Big Sandy, David Johansen, Libertines, El Vez, The Smoking Popes, Gallon Drunk... it was different with every tour, sometimes every city. Now, the only common denominator has been Kristeen Young since the Tormentors tour. When he does go wild and invites new faces, it's old faces Tom Jones and Cliff Richard. This isn't necessarily Harvest's fault, but there must be someone there in charge of touring details.

4. Social Media is Free (So Why is Harvest Not Taking Advantage of It?)
There has been no lead-up in the media: No appearances on the late night talk show circuit, no radio airplay, no adverts. No one's even taking advantage of social media. Go find Johnny Marr's Facebook account--that's what one calls interaction. In his defense, Marr does all of his own posting, Morrissey would never do anything so crass, but there is still opportunity for a closer look at our hero.

5. Is the "World Peace" Cover Just the Beginning?
The embarrassingly amateurish Photoshopped "World Peace" cover. Some apologists here are saying this is of little importance, but its poor workmanship is a sign of what's to come from Harvest. Who's manning the art department over at Harvest HQ?

I don't see this relationship between Old Misery and Harvest working out well.

Last edited:
For someone as traditional and stringent to the "Old Guard" as Morrissey, I can't believe he's allowing this release to be in digital format only.

There was a time when he treated the release of every physical single with incredibly precious detail: from paper labels on the wax; to which side the sleeve's opening was set; to fonts, hues, and crops.

I think it's safe to say he let go of all art direction with "Southpaw Grammar" and he stopped caring after that. (That said, the "Years of Refusal" cover was a stroke of genius.)

But no physical packaging on the initial release from the first single of his LP? ... and the debut on his new label? Harvest or Moz are not putting their best feet forward with this decision.

Of course, the skeptic in me says these songs will get traditional vinyl and CD releases a couple months from now. And guess what--completists will have re-buy the recordings even though the digital downloads were downloaded.

In short, this just seems like a sloppy campaign by Harvest. These are some of the reasons to support that...

1. What's With All This Digital Download Rubbish?
No one really knows what the singles or LP cover will look like (will there even be a proper vinyl/CD LP?). Will this be a 100% downloaded campaign?

2. Who's in Charge of Publicity at Harvest?
The wheat-paste posters around LA and NYC have been useless to get the campaign's word out (other than a couple fans posting the images here and Instagram.) True-to-You hasn't even commented on said posters--Morrissey-SoLow is the only news outlet reporting on the street-art campaign.

3. Tour Support? What Tour Support?
There was a time when Morrissey's concert openers were highly looked forward to, almost a treat unto themselves: Big Sandy, David Johansen, Libertines, El Vez, The Smoking Popes, Gallon Drunk... it was different with every tour, sometimes every city. Now, the only common denominator has been Kristeen Young since the Tormentors tour. When he does go wild and invites new faces, it's old faces Tom Jones and Cliff Richard. This isn't necessarily Harvest's fault, but there must be someone there in charge of touring details.

4. Social Media is Free (So Why is Harvest Not Taking Advantage of It?)
There has been no lead-up in the media: No appearances on the late night talk show circuit, no radio airplay, no adverts. No one's even taking advantage of social media. Go find Johnny Marr's Facebook account--that's what one calls interaction. In his defense, Marr does all of his own posting, Morrissey would never do anything so crass, but there is still opportunity for a closer look at our hero.

5. Is the "World Peace" Cover Just the Beginning?
The embarrassingly amateurish Photoshopped "World Peace" cover. Some apologists here are saying this is of little importance, but its poor workmanship is a sign of what's to come from Harvest. Who's manning the art department over at Harvest HQ?

I don't see this relationship between Old Misery and Harvest working out well.

One would think that True-to-you would give some sort of help.

You can't even go on that site and see a list of shows with links for ticket sellers.

Everyone has to do their own research when it comes to Moz, according to Julia/TTY.

Today was another post, it simply says "Morrissey's new single, "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", will be released as a digital download on 13 May." WHAT? Where? Who? I guess by now we can all Google... but I have yet to find a US site that has WPINOYB listed... um, WHAT? He should have had the CD printed up and for sale at the merch booth, he could have sold 100K copies this month.

Morrissey complains that he is overlooked, etc, but I think promotion of the music and of the shows needs to start from his end. TTY should have more info.
That is why I love this site, info info info, even if some of it, is crap or unneeded, we are kept up to date.

Studio version of WPINOYB sounds very very good. Moz voice in lovely form. Cant wait for the rest!

So IS that the album cover? If so, I just have to say WHAT THE f***?!?!

The Smiths gave us some of rock's most iconic cover images.

Morrissey had a few great cover shots too.. then he seemed to lose interest and the slide started. And finally we are here, at the bottom, with this.

I actually liked the cover of YOR but this looks like it was done on a budget of 40 pence and a cheese & pickle sandwich, what the hell? Where does one even begin...?

The Smiths sounded F fantastic....that song doesn't.....another boring song from ring leader......

This isn't The Smiths.
It's not supposed to be The Smiths.
It will never be The Smiths.

Perhaps you should start a website that keeps track of the things The Smiths are doing. It will be F Fantastic!

So IS that the album cover? If so, I just have to say WHAT THE f***?!?!

The Smiths gave us some of rock's most iconic cover images.

Morrissey had a few great cover shots too.. then he seemed to lose interest and the slide started. And finally we are here, at the bottom, with this.

I actually liked the cover of YOR but this looks like it was done on a budget of 40 pence and a cheese & pickle sandwich, what the hell? Where does one even begin...?

This is the cover for the single, not the album.

According to iTunes, I'm Not a Man is a song about an abusive husband, Neal Cassady contains "waggish rhymes about infectious diseases", and Istanbul is "an uptempo rocker".

The iTunes preview gave me a totally different impression of the song; based on the live Youtube clip I'd thought it was kind of plodding and tuneless but hearing the studio version, wow, it's so anthemic and majestic and full of passion. The melody really overtakes you. I can't wait for the record.

One would think that True-to-you would give some sort of help.

You can't even go on that site and see a list of shows with links for ticket sellers.

Everyone has to do their own research when it comes to Moz, according to Julia/TTY.

Today was another post, it simply says "Morrissey's new single, "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", will be released as a digital download on 13 May." WHAT? Where? Who? I guess by now we can all Google... but I have yet to find a US site that has WPINOYB listed... um, WHAT? He should have had the CD printed up and for sale at the merch booth, he could have sold 100K copies this month.

Morrissey complains that he is overlooked, etc, but I think promotion of the music and of the shows needs to start from his end. TTY should have more info.
That is why I love this site, info info info, even if some of it, is crap or unneeded, we are kept up to date.

Great post.

Truth is, he's very lazy, no business acumen at all, he's good at creating controversy but doesn't follow the same tact when promoting his music, if I had a quid for everytime Moz shot himself in the foot with his PR/marketing technique I'd scrape just about enough to buy of of those new extortionate shirts from the merch stand or even a ticket.

This isn't The Smiths.
It's not supposed to be The Smiths.
It will never be The Smiths.

Perhaps you should start a website that keeps track of the things The Smiths are doing. It will be F Fantastic!

Brilliant! or rather F Fantastic :D

I'm listening to the clip of World peace... now. Sounds good, strange choice for a single, though.
I didnt expect all the extra tracks, he could even have made a double album. Let's hope they're good. Really looking forward to the album.

According to iTunes, I'm Not a Man is a song about an abusive husband, Neal Cassady contains "waggish rhymes about infectious diseases", and Istanbul is "an uptempo rocker".

Thanks for the tip-off. If anyone else is curious, here's the complete album description from iTunes:

Morrissey's razor-sharp wit and lofting melodies have shaped one of the most distinctive careers in rock, but World Peace Is None of Your Business shows the pop icon isn't content to rest on his laurels -- the follow-up to 2009's Years of Refusal combines ratty electric guitars and forceful hooks in one of his exploratory, gritty solo albums. The lyrics bear the singer's biting and brilliant signature: within the first three tracks, he rattles off a list of countries in political turmoil, makes waggish rhymes about infectious diseases and sings a first-person account of an abusive husband called "I'm Not a Man". But the big production of Joe Chiccarelli and the incendiary, distorted fury of guitarist Boz Boorer give World Peace… a treacherous, spine-tingling vigor. Among the many highlights are "Istanbul," an uptempo rocker set on the streets of the Turkish metropolis and the jubilant melody of "The Bullfighter Dies".

Back
Top Bottom