Wouldn't this woman be a better support for Morrissey?

Amazing.

Hope this isn't the only gig for her as Moz support.....

Definitely it's the only support slot for Anna because there is no other arena gig planned in the UK.

But you know there are other gigs across Europe?

But you know there are other gigs across Europe?

Anna Calvi has already released two critically acclaimed albums and has been graduated from a support act.
She can sell out a London venue such as Shepherds Bush Empire / Brixton Academy.

She's not in the same league as KY, she won't accept a support slot of Morrissey's European tour.

*edit*
She'll support him both Antwerp dates.

Last edited:
^^ I'm not sure there's such a thing as "graduating from [being] a support act." Up and coming acts with big followings (like Calvi, who I admit I had never heard of before today) will take support slots if the headliner has a bigger name, especially if it's someone like Morrissey who is at this point a legend. I don't think it even necessarily has to do with being able to sell out big venues—it's more about the association.

I think a fair comparison (though on a larger scale) would be Florence & the Machine opening for U2 a few years back.

I saw Muse open for U2 at Giant Stadium on their last tour. I'm pretty certain they had already played Madison Square Garden at that point. Its all about exposing yourself to a different audience.

I'm familiar with Anna from brooklynvegan. She's played a few shows in the States; Le Possion Rouge and Music Hall of Williamsburg but never a full scale tour..very interesting artist. I'd love to see her open for him over here one day.

^^ I'm not sure there's such a thing as "graduating from [being] a support act." Up and coming acts with big followings (like Calvi, who I admit I had never heard of before today) will take support slots if the headliner has a bigger name, especially if it's someone like Morrissey who is at this point a legend. I don't think it even necessarily has to do with being able to sell out big venues—it's more about the association.

I think a fair comparison (though on a larger scale) would be Florence & the Machine opening for U2 a few years back.

Last edited:
Where is Mozza? Why isn't she here jizzing her pants over this goddamit?

Anna Calvi has already released two critically acclaimed albums and has been graduated from a support act.
She can sell out a London venue such as Shepherds Bush Empire / Brixton Academy.

She's not in the same league as KY, she won't accept a support slot of Morrissey's European tour.

*edit*

You cannot compare this tour with the tours that KY supported. These are major venues, with huge exposure. Anna Calvin is exactly at the point of her career to accept such a support slot. Remember that Morrissey supported Bowie.

*edit*

You know nothing

Anna Calvi is too accomplished, I doubt he could afford her but a change would be nice.
Fair enough its a while back, but a few month old thread is easily renewed...

I'm impressed at your knowing what Morrissey can/can't afford. Too accomplished too hmm.
Maybe you should return the crystal ball.

Fair enough its a while back, but a few month old thread is easily renewed...

I'm impressed at your knowing what Morrissey can/can't afford. Too accomplished too hmm.
Maybe you should return the crystal ball.

I said I doubted, I didn't say I had access to his Chase account mobile app, you f***tard. Maybe you should return my emails.

Back
Top Bottom