would you stay in an abusive relationship?

I've never understood what's so attractive about Marlon Brando. It's baffling.

I've never understood what's so attractive about Marlon Brando. It's baffling.

Something tells me this is going to be the Marlon Brando frink thread.

I think that his reputation for being attractive was created so long ago and the world was so different that we couldn't understand it today. For one thing he was an artist and took his work seriously, was not just a movie star. I think that earned him respect in a very Modern way.

I think that what made him a Movie Star though was the way he could portray a different sort of character than you might see Henry Fonda or James Stewart play. Those guys seemed to keep it clean. I saw Grapes of Wrath not too long ago, and Henry Fonda was very good, and possibly his All American image helped his role be even more effective. He just got out of prison, but he could still be on his way to choir practice and he can't quite believe the way the establishment has turned against his family.

Marlon Brando seems much more streetwise than that. The way he is dressed was sort of a scandal at the time. The way he cuts through the nonsense with the character of Blanche, and still doesn't come across as entirely unsympathetic probably made him stand out at the time.

To me this movie is about Blanche, though most of her story is already over by the time she shows up to visit.

I almost made it into one. This stopped me.

I think that his reputation for being attractive was created so long ago and the world was so different that we couldn't understand it today. For one thing he was an artist and took his work seriously, was not just a movie star. I think that earned him respect in a very Modern way.

I think that what made him a Movie Star though was the way he could portray a different sort of character than you might see Henry Fonda or James Stewart play. Those guys seemed to keep it clean. I saw Grapes of Wrath not too long ago, and Henry Fonda was very good, and possibly his All American image helped his role be even more effective. He just got out of prison, but he could still be on his way to choir practice and he can't quite believe the way the establishment has turned against his family.

Marlon Brando seems much more streetwise than that. The way he is dressed was sort of a scandal at the time. The way he cuts through the nonsense with the character of Blanche, and still doesn't come across as entirely unsympathetic probably made him stand out at the time.

To me this movie is about Blanche, though most of her story is already over by the time she shows up to visit.

Yeah...

... But he was squinty and had a buggy voice.

:D

I dont know, maybe if the sex was real good I'd stick around
evilgrin0010.gif
, but doubtful, hell, is that even possible?
33.gif

but since you bring up Streetcar
hattie_mcdaniel_vivien_leigh.jpg

above = the hottest scene of 1939 :horny: :lbf:
I remember being so sad when I found out she* was only 53 when she died :tears:
f***in TB :mad:

*= no, not Hattie, she lived a little longer than Vivien :straightface:

I never understood how people get in an abusive relationship in the first place, not to mention staying in one. So, no.

Absolutely not.

I think with people getting into relationships, most of the time they don't start out abusive, and by the time it gets abusive and carries on being so the old chestnuts of "oh we love eachother" "he/she is sorry" get thrown around a lot and the abusee convinces themselves that love is enough for this kind of relationship to last, which is not true at all; love isn't enough for any relationship to last in my opnion, or maybe I'm just a cynic.

she should have ridden out there on a pony and shot some arrows at James Bond

People are considerably more interesting when they are slapping and spitting, even more so when they are slapping and spitting at you. Particularly females, otherwise only yawns and orgasms, cesarean scars and vacations to Malaga or the cinema or some other useless place - there's no shelf-life for such flickering fancies. Of course, the fact still remains that many people need someone to kick the picalilly and hope from them, thus;
I'd burn myself with cigarettes for an abusive relationship.

People are considerably more interesting when they are slapping and spitting, even more so when they are slapping and spitting at you. Particularly females, otherwise only yawns and orgasms, cesarean scars and vacations to Malaga or the cinema or some other useless place - there's no shelf-life for such flickering fancies. Of course, the fact still remains that many people need someone to kick the picalilly and hope from them, thus;
I'd burn myself with cigarettes for an abusive relationship.

You're insane:crazy:..maybe that's a good thing?

Tags
ourlady'sacunt stella!
Back
Top Bottom